menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau in 'Scent of the Missing' Pilot
Summer Glau in 'Scent of the Missing' Pilot
FordStaffDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 01:08 | Message # 16
Group: Friends
BTW the description of her character sounds a bit Summer-ish again, is it a coincidence?

It is unlikely that the choice was not deliberate. Perhaps they realize that Summer's fan-base would not be very pleased if it was not so.

As much as I do not like the concept of the show, at first glance Summer could have another potentially complex role. From the description we know that she is rich, but if television and movies teach you anything rich people do not volunteer their free time without very interesting circumstances (or just being very different than the average person).

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 01:20 | Message # 17
Group: Administrators
Quote (Blazius)
At least we can see her onscreen again. And if the showmakers don't screw up too badly, with Summer's talent and fanbase and with a less cancellation heavy channel in a non-scifi, non-superhero show she will remain there for long hopefully.

I've been advocated for months she quits the sci-fi world and apparently she heard me. But she hasn't a name big enough to carry the weight of a show by herself (at least that's how Execs see Summer), this is why she's just a member of the team, kinda like in The Mentalist.
This is not a main role like in TSCC or in The Cape but that's the price to pay; Summer is the queen of sci-fi but a relative unkown in Cop/Dog/Lawyer/Doctor shows.

She will have plenty of time to guest star in Alphas, even for a longer story arc because Alphas is a Summer serie on Syfy; but i doubt she knows anything about her return. Zak Pen and the new showrunner did not told her anything imo and they don't have the second season planned by now, let-alone the guest stars.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 01:21

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 01:28 | Message # 18
Quote (FordStaff)
Summer could have another potentially complex role.

In a procedural cop show? You're kidding me.

There is no room for complex character development in this kind of shows, let-alone for secondary characters. And forget the Summer Glau characters you knew; i hope the writers will be smart enough to create a unique character, not a ripp-off from characters Summer played in previous series.

As i said not so long ago, my biggest fear is that Summer would be hired only to reproduce the characters and situations that have made her the queen of sci-fi, like Joe Lynch apparently did in Knights of Badassdom, like in Chuck or like in Alphas.

I want Summer to play completely different characters, not to imitate herself, that would be an insult to her talent.

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 01:29

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 01:36 | Message # 19
Quote (michelangelo)
She will have plenty of time to guest star in Alphas, even for a longer story arc because Alphas is a Summer serie on Syfy; but i doubt she knows anything about her return. Zak Pen and the new showrunner did not told her anything imo and they don't have the second season planned by now, let-alone the guest stars.

I think it would be an ideally stable situation if she could return for a long story arch of Alphas. She shouldn't abandon her "Queen-ish" responsibilities and fanbase yet she should open up new possibilities with the cop(or whatever) show. And maybe Alphas would give her possibilities too along with KOB.

She won't win an oscar with them but if she managed to do these things I'd be a very happy person.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

FordStaffDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 01:44 | Message # 20

In a procedural cop show? You're kidding me.

There is no room for complex character development in this kind of shows, let-alone for secondary characters.

Well I suppose by normal standards yes, but if what you say is true then even Summer will not be able to make me tolerate such a show. Any show can have character development there is no excuse.

I want Summer to play completely different characters, not to imitate herself, that would be an insult to her talent.

An actor playing caricatures of their own characters is the absolutely worst idea imaginable, that is not what I was suggesting. I have not seen all her roles, but from Cameron and River the defining aspects of her roles seem to include: strength and motivations/experiences that are not exactly within the typical everyday persons realm.

A rich volunteer has the capability of fulfilling those aspects, but not necessarily. They could go the unimaginative dead sister route or some such thing.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 01:47 | Message # 21
Quote (Blazius)
She won't win an oscar with them but if she managed to do these things I'd be a very happy person.

Yes, it bodes well for the future, provided 'Scent of the Missing' is picked up as a serie by TNT.

This serie, Alphas and KOB won't give her automatically an a-list status but it's much better than similar actresses like Jewel Staite or Alaina Huffman.

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 01:50

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 02:09 | Message # 22
Quote (michelangelo)
Yes, it bodes well for the future, provided 'Scent of the Missing' is picked up as a serie by TNT.

Yes there are many "if" still but at least we have some news . I always say that if I could watch her week after week in a relatively quality show where she could show her talent my dreams would come true. The current ones may not meet precisely the criteria but they are definitely necessary steps.

At least her agency seems to work hard finally( I cringe every time I'm thinking about how much of her precious time the old agency wasted)

Quote (michelangelo)
This serie, Alphas and KOB won't give her automatically an a-list status but it's much better than similar actresses like Jewel Staite or Alaina Huffman.

Stargate failed to propel them into stellar heights, huh?

( BTW have you heard anything new about Stargate Universe, micheangelo? The net still says that its cancelled sad )

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 02:12

FordStaffDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 02:24 | Message # 23
It was cancelled. Season 2 is where it ends.

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 02:44 | Message # 24
Quote (FordStaff)
It was cancelled. Season 2 is where it ends.

I remember that I once whined in the Viewers club about it and I believe michelangelo said that he heard that there may be hope yet but maybe I just misunderstood something( live chatting is a bit too quick for me sometimes)

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 03:32 | Message # 25
News Briefs: Summer Glau Joins TNT's Dog-Cop Drama at tv.com by Tim Surette

Summer Glau! Summer Glau! Summer Glau! The sci-fi It Girl from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Firefly, Dollhouse, The Unit, and The 4400 has found a new regular gig, this time on TNT. Glau has signed on for Scent of the Missing, a drama about a K-9 Search and Rescue squad, as a new team member who's sexy and rich. She joins previously announced lead Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica) in the cast, making it TV's hottest team of sci-fi starlets on a show about police pooches.

@ Blazius : it worked! Tim Surette is docile like a pooch now cool

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 03:44 | Message # 26
Quote (michelangelo)
@ Blazius : it worked! Tim Surette is docile like a pooch now

One more point for the Crusaders of the Glaudess biggrin !

That was the effective thing to do without question cool

Wonderful work!

I hope Devo saw ts article too.

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 03:48

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 03:57 | Message # 27
Quote (Blazius)
That was the effective thing to do without question

Of course it was!
Tim Surette still tries to snarl but we've turned him into a poodle dog when talking about Summer Glau.

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 04:05 | Message # 28
I wonder if he himself fears so much or his bosses commanded him to be more "respectful". Not that it matters as long as he keeps his own idiotic thoughts to himself and accepts Summer as his only true god biggrin

BTW thats why I said not to let yourself influenced by what the other "fans" say about your plan. They understand nothing.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 14:37 | Message # 29
I might make a press book for this news (if the blogsfeature is back).

Btw, when i saw this on twitter, i thought i would start the day by watching some naughty drawings devil
#ACBB: Summer Glau does it doggy style with Tricia Helfer
acomicbookblog.net/2011/11/summer…

Imagine my disappointment when i cliked the link and realised it's just another article with a misguiding title crazy

Nomad79Date: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 18:08 | Message # 30
I think for Summer to actually get more 'mature roles' as she said in one of her interviews during the production of the Cape, she does have to break away from the scifi world and the characters she's been known to play. Right now Scifi shows as a genre have basicaly passed thier prime in both ratings and audiences...for any sci fi show to make it now with out the threat of cancelation is the right team and writers, TSCC in season one for example if it hadn't been threatened by the writer's strike...imagine the differrent route the show could've took.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau in 'Scent of the Missing' Pilot
Search: