menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau in 'Scent of the Missing' Pilot
Summer Glau in 'Scent of the Missing' Pilot
BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 03:43 | Message # 136
Group: Friends
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Bad news, we might have to wait a little longer to find out if Scent of the Missing is picked up.

Tricia Helfer tweeted this today :

Tricia Helfer ‏ @trutriciahelfer
@chrisdvanne Unfortunately we're going to have to wait longer to find out now. Possibly end of June.

This may be due to the fact that TNT plans to shoot a few more procedural pilots and will make a decision after seeing all of them (L.A. Noir will be evaluated on its own, see previous post). That also means that SotM was not strong enough by itself so that it would have been picked up immediately.

Any good news for a change? smile

With KOBs uncertain release date I'm sure not happy with this development.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 22:23 | Message # 137
Group: Administrators
After reading our news, Tricia Helfer insisted that the pilot is strong.

It reinforce our envy to have Scent of the Missing going to series.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 17 May 2012, 09:22

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 17 May 2012, 09:49 | Message # 138
TNT UpFronts took place yesterday in New York and as you may know there was no announce on Scent of the Missing going to series or not; TNT's decision is postponed, presumably till end of June.

Besides Frank Darabont's L.A. Noir and Carol Mendelsohn's canine-centric Scent of the Missing, TNT has a few projects in development and will wait till they're more advanced before announcing which one are picked up as series.

These projects have often big names attached to them, producing or directing wise and Tricia Helfer indicated to us (see message above) that some at TNT considered a dog show "risky". Considering that TNT's latest choices are a Dallas reboot and a medical drama titled "Monday Mornings", i hope there is still room for an original program on TNT.

You can find more about TNT's new projects in an article at THR.

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 31 May 2012, 11:26 | Message # 139
Dog therapist Justin Silver on the new CBS series "Dogs In The City", premiering Wednesday, May 30th. 8/7c Only CBS.

CBS has his own dog show, and now TNT wants his own (i hope)!

Side note : Carol Mendelsohn is the producer of both series "Dogs In The City" and "Scent of The Missing"

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 04 Jun 2012, 19:30 | Message # 140
TNT and JetBlue celebrate TNT’s new series Dallas and JetBlue’s new service into DFW with a five-acre living billboard just outside the airport. The “Texas-sized” Welcome is best viewed from the skies onboard a JetBlue flight.

Great!

Can we have Scent of the Missing now?

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 05 Jun 2012, 01:16 | Message # 141
Tricia Helfer Talks TRON: Uprising and Her TNT Pilot Scent Of The Missing at Collider.

Would you go back to series TV?

HELFER: Oh, absolutely, yeah! I’m still waiting to hear about a pilot I did, called Scent of the Missing, about K-9 search and rescue, for TNT. We’re hoping to hear soon. It’s a character I haven’t played before. She’s the head of a K-9 search and rescue unit, who’s a little bit of an adrenaline junkie. There’s a lot of animal lovers out there, and there are a lot of great stories that we could tell. They fly all over the country, and it’s pretty much all volunteer run. They put up their own money.

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 18 Jun 2012, 14:48 | Message # 142
Capsule Computers conducted an interview with Tricia Helfer at the Supanova Pop Culture Expo this weekend, June 16-17, 2012, and is an insightful look at Tricia’s work in film and the like.

Quote (Capsule Computers)
At Supanova 2012 in Sydney we got a chance to sit down with the gorgeous and talented Tricia Helfer. Tricia Helfer is best known for her role on Battlestar Galactica as Six, along with roles on Two and a Half Men, Burn Notice and Criminal Minds. She chatted to us about Battlestar, some of her other roles, what it was like to play Six, and hey, our interviewer even managed to snag a stunt punch!

Tricia mentioned "Scent of the Missing" at 2:41 of the video :

Quote (Tricia Helfer)
i really enjoyed doing the pilot that i've shot (for TNT) "Scent of the Missing"; hopefully that goes to series.

We hope that too biggrin

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 18 Jun 2012, 14:49

Jason_ConnorDate: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012, 05:51 | Message # 143
And apparently it's not going to to be a show...I wanna go hunting right now

Nomad79Date: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012, 07:21 | Message # 144
Can I go with? But on the downside, don't wanna get flamed, I had a feeling TNT would pass after tricia's tweet about waiting to find out. I feel really bad for Summer...

Jason_ConnorDate: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012, 08:09 | Message # 145
I agree on both, I felt like it was going to be a hit or miss type thing and IMO I think Summer was really looking forward to do the show...well at least she's available for another project

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012, 09:37 | Message # 146
Quote (Nomad79)
But on the downside, don't wanna get flamed, I had a feeling TNT would pass after tricia's tweet about waiting to find out.

I got flamed by Tricia Helfer after we learned that TNT postponed her decision on Scent of the Missing; i wrote in one of my blogpost that maybe the pilot was not strong enough and the channel waited to see other pilots before making a decision and Tricia answered me :

But she was right and i will explain in a later post why.

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012, 15:56 | Message # 147
Susannah Charleson announced and commented the news that Scent of the missing was not picked up by TNT :

Susannah Charleson
Hey all ... because TNT has made the information now public, the network has passed on the series based on 'Scent of the Missing.' We are sad, of course, that this is so ... they had the pilot in series contention up through last week.

She also thanked the friends who showed their support :

Susannah Charleson
Thanks so much. There are so many "maybe" moments in this process that it becomes quite the norm. "Maybe" the book will be optioned, "maybe" the book will find producers, "maybe" an interested showrunner/production company will pick it up, "maybe" a network will want to see a pilot script, "maybe" the network will order the pilot produced, "maybe" it will be picked up as a series, "maybe" the series will not be cancelled mid-season, "maybe" it'll make it to Season Two. As we can see from every season, a lot of shows begin, a lot of shows end, some shows switch action plans. I feel philosophical about the process (be awfully gloomy living for a long time if I didn't), but I do hope folks get to see it. The actors did a lovely job, and it is a handsome show. I think Tricia Helfer and Summer Glau's fans, particularly, would have the opportunity to see something different from their more known roles.

"Maybe" and "we'll see" aren't bad words, but they are waiting words, truly. smile Meanwhile (another waiting word), I appreciate your encouragement so much! xoxoxo

She also thanked me smile

Susannah Charleson
Thanks, Chris. I was just watching the pilot last night -- I received a DVD of the review version of it (I had only seen it streamed online before), and thought again how luminous Summer is. She has a great moment in an event that really happened to me (January 2011), and she is far more charming in that situation than I was. I hope you get to see it!

I hope i get to see it too someday, who knows (i wonder if Susannah teased me on purpose with that DVD).

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012, 16:01

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012, 20:20 | Message # 148
Projects in development at TNT that SotM was competing with :

I'm not the kind of guy who spends his time lamenting or speculating on what Scent of the Missing could have been for Summer Glau; but i think TNT's decision needs a few explanations.

The quality of the pilot, the story or the acting is not to blame here; to make short, TNT would probably have picked it up any other year but they had higher profile shows in development this year, that's all.

Original programs like Scent of the Missing are considered risky by the channels, not only TNT; they will always prefer a franchise (tv show, movie, novels, authors) with an already existing fanbase to a new program with little buzz attached to it.

Let's see what kind of shows SotM was competing with :

First TNT ordered David E. Kelley's medical drama "Monday Mornings" to series, starring Jamie Bamber (Battlestar Galactica); Kelley is behind hit show "Ally Mc Beal" but also old-skewing "Harry's Law (now cancelled) or Wonder Woman Pilot (not picked up).

There's also high profile L.A. Noir, the new pilot from former Walking Dead showrunner Frank Darabont, starring former Heroes Milo Ventimiglia; if it has not been ordered to series yet, it has a "strong pickup buzz".

King and Maxwell: Based on author David Baldacci's popular characters Sean King and Michelle Maxwell, the ex-PIs are former Secret Service agents who use and their unique skill set (not to mention their razor-sharp chemistry) to get a leg up on suspects and conventional law enforcement. Baldacci will consult executive producer Shane Brennan (NCIS: Los Angeles).

The Last Ship: The action-adventure drama is based on the novel by William Brinkley and revolves around the crew of a naval destroyer that is forced to confront the reality of a new existence when a pandemic decimates most of Earth's population. Michael Bay (Transformers!!!) will direct the pilot if it is greenlighted and executive produce.

Tom Clancy's Homeland Security: The event-based procedural written by Javier Grillo-Marxuach (Medium) and set in Tom Clancy's world of espionage pits a select team of domestic intelligence operatives against enemies from within and without, from narco-traffickers and nuclear terrorists to cyber-criminals and human smugglers. Clancy will exec produce alongside Michael Ovitz, Grillo-Marxuach and Chris George.

Legends: The action drama hails from Homeland's Howard Gordon, Jeffrey Nachmanoff and Mark Bomback (24) and is based on the novel by Robert Littell that follows Martin, an operative who has an uncanny ability to transform himself into a different person for each job. His own identity, meanwhile, comes into question when a mysterious stranger suggests that Martin isn’t who he thinks he is.

And there's a few more projects in development; as you can see, TNT is partnering with some of the biggest names in Hollywood and relies on Novels from authors who have sold millions of books.

And if you're not convinced, seing how TNT's Dallas reboot performed last week may help you understand why TNT has quickened its decision to pass on SotM; the Dallas reboot gathered 6.9 million viewers for its premiere, ranking as the number 1 scripted series premiere on all of cable for this year.

As a conclusion, big names don't guaranty that the show will be a success but it helps the networks making the decision because broadcasting is a gamble and they have the feeling big names will reduce the risk. Of course there is many example that it doesn't work every time or every project from J.J. Abrams would be a hit, which is not the case. It's sad that original and refreshing programs don't stand a chance on tv these days.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 22 Jun 2012, 11:22

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 06 Sep 2012, 21:21 | Message # 149
Even if TNT didn't pick up Scent of the Missing's pilot, there's still hope it will be released under one form or another; at least that's what actress Tricia Helfer and book author Susannah Charleson told us.

While waiting for this day to happen, we have not forgotten that the lovely and kind Susannah, who granted us an exclusive interview on the filming of the pilot (see : Interview : Susannah Charleson talks about "Scent of the Missing" pilot), has a new book coming in store next year.

This book is titled 'The Possibility Dogs', with the following subtitle 'What a Handful of "Unadoptables" Taught Me About Service, Hope, and Healing'.

For those like me who follows Jake Piper and Ollie T adventures on a daily basis, we know what lies behind the title and image cover; for the others, here's the book description :

A uniquely personal, moving, and inspiring journey into the rapidly emerging world of psychiatric service dogs, as Susannah Charleson works as an evaluator in shelters, plucking unwanted dogs, big and small, training them for this unique kind of service, and matching them with people in need.

'The Possibility Dogs' will be released on June 4, 2013 but you can already pre-order it at Amazon.

I invite you to follow Susannah Charleson on Twitter at @S_Charleson

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 13 Sep 2012, 18:32 | Message # 150
A blogger hasn't forgotten 'Scent of the Missing' apparently.

The news of Jack Osbourne making a reality show about police dogs, is the opportunity to complain that TNT didn't pick up the pilot as series.

One of the greatest disappointments I’ve ever experienced — alongside such travesties as Michael McCary leaving Boyz II Men for health reasons, and sometimes forgetting to ask for cheese on my omelette — was TNT passing on their police dog drama, Scent of the Missing, starring Tricia Helfer. THAT SHOW HAD EVERYTHING: DOGS, TRICIA HELFER, ETC. I was furious about it then, and I didn’t think I’d ever get over it.

But then a hero came along, and that hero was Jack Osbourne. Son of Ozzy Osbourne. You’re probably confused. Allow me to elaborate.

Source : Warming Glow

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau in 'Scent of the Missing' Pilot
Search: