menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau in 'Scent of the Missing' Pilot
Summer Glau in 'Scent of the Missing' Pilot
chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 16:38 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Summer Glau and Daryl Mitchell (Brothers) have joined TNT’s drama pilot 'Scent Of The Missing'.

Quote (Deadline)
TNT’s Scent Of The Missing, executive produced by co-writers Carol Mendelsohn, Melissa R. Byer & Treena Hancock and Barry Josephson, centers on Susannah (Tricia Helfer), a tenacious, strong-willed K-9 Search and Rescue volunteer who works with an equally determined partner — her mischievous golden retriever, Puzzle. Glau, repped by UTA and the Schiff Co., will play a new member of the K-9 Search and Rescue team who is beautiful and very wealthy but much tougher than she looks. UTA-rpped Mitchell will play a wheelchair-bound former military sergeant who serves as the communications technician for the team. Production on the pilot, based on the book by Susannah Charleson, is slated to begin in late November.

Source : Deadline

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

reiverDate: Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 16:51 | Message # 2
Group: Friends
thats a good news smile

i'm blind not deaf - IllidaN

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 16:55 | Message # 3
Turner Network Television (TNT) is an American cable television channel created by Ted Turner and currently owned by the Turner Broadcasting System division of Time Warner.

Since 2001, TNT focuses on sports and quality drama with the "We Know Drama" slogan. They have boacast tv shows like Angel, Law & Order, Charmed, NYPD Blue, ER, Without a Trace, Alias, Judging Amy, Las Vegas and Cold Case.

Current progarmming includes critically acclaimed The Closer, Leverage, Southland or The Falling Skies.

More about 'Scent of the Missing'

Source : the futon critic

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 17:17 | Message # 4
TNT's pilot Scent of the Missing is a sci-fi fan dream since it stars former Battlestar Galactica's Tricia Helfer.

Scent of the Missing is based on a book by Susannah Charleston and follows Susannah (Tricia Helfer), a “tenacious, strong-willed K-9 Search and Rescue volunteer.” Susannah’s partner is a golden retriever named Puzzle. Summer Glau is set to play a new member of the Search and Rescue team. She’s described as beautiful, very wealthy, and “much tougher than she looks.”

I'm sure Summer will add a lot of appeal to this interesting sounding project.

Mission K-9 Search and Rescue :
K-9 Search and Rescue of Texas (K-9 SAR) is a volunteer non-profit corporation . K-9 SAR, through the use of highly trained and tested handlers and their canine partners, provides assistance to local, state and federal agencies in the search for and the recovery of lost and missing persons.

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 19:19

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 17:39 | Message # 5
Quote (michelangelo)
Scent of the Missing is based on a book by Susannah Charleston

Find here a resume of the book and a video explaining the K-9 SAR volunteer's work with their dog.

Scent of the Missing: Love and Partnership with a Search and Rescue Dog
follows commercial pilot and canine handler Susannah Charleson and her
Golden Retriever partner, Puzzle, as they train to certify together as a
canine SAR team. While willful, opinionated, high-drive puppy Puzzle
overturns the household, matures and is trained and tested beside her
partner in hundreds of scenario searches, Charleson also continues to
work beside other certified canine units on actual calls-outs for the
missing. Abducted children, strayed Alzheimer’s patients, drowning
victims, and teens who seem to have disappeared with no trace left
behind. The fall of shuttle Columbia adds its own instruction about the
nature of 21st-century disaster. As their partnership emerges, along
the way Charleson and Puzzle come to understand the urgency that drives
their work and the collaboration that allows them to do things together
neither one could do alone.

termi-ninja-torDate: Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 17:44 | Message # 6
I hope it succeeds. If Summer's character is supposed to be beautiful and wealthy, she should be wearing lots of pretty outfits. I look forward to many attractive screencaps.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 17:56 | Message # 7
At this stage, it's only a pilot but i hope it will be picked up as a serie by TNT. I see a lot of people commenting as if it was a serie whereas the production of the pilot will start in November 2011.
We will know if the pilot is picked up as a serie during the annual upfronts in late Spring 2012.

reiverDate: Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 18:10 | Message # 8
Quote (michelangelo)
K-9 Search and Rescue of Texas (K-9 SAR) is a volunteer non-profit corporation . K-9 SAR, through the use of highly trained and tested handlers and their canine partners, provides assistance to local, state and federal agencies in the search for and the recovery of lost and missing persons.

its something like my job but im not a volunteer!!!!!!(member of special unit of fire brigade)

anyway it's sound interesting the concept!!!i think 100% that will be picked up for a season!! smile
summer with uniform and a dog sounds very very interesting wink

i'm blind not deaf - IllidaN

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 19:29 | Message # 9
Besides Summer, Scent of a Missing cast includes :

Tricia Helfer : Helfer (born April 11, 1974) is a Canadian actress and former model, best known for her roles as Number Six in the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica miniseries and television series, "Carla" on Burn Notice, and FBI Special Agent Alex Rice on Dark Blue,[1] as well as for hosting the first season of Canada's Next Top Model.

Gerald McRaney : McRaney (born August 19, 1947) is an American television and movie actor. McRaney is best known as one of the stars of the television shows Simon & Simon, Major Dad, and Promised Land. He was a series regular for the first season of Jericho.

Daryl Mitchell : Mitchell (born July 16, 1965 in The Bronx, New York, United States)[1] is an American actor. He is best known for his roles as Dexter Walker on The John Larroquette Show, Leo Michaels on Veronica's Closet, and Eli Goggins on Ed.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 20:05 | Message # 10
Summer Glau is probably the most underrated and unlucky actress of her generation. She's beautiful, talented and brings the best out of the characters she plays, but can't seem to be in a bonafide success.
I notice this role on a pilot is not a leading role but at least she's in a Cop/lawyer/Doctor show and not in a sci-fi show as i expected. Maybe it's the start of a new career.

termi-ninja-torDate: Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 20:48 | Message # 11
Summer's River evolved into the central character in Serenity.

Summer's Cameron grew into a more prominent character than Sarah or John Connor.

Summer's Summer was the central character for her Big Bang episode. (lol)

Summer's Bennett was the most interesting character during her Dollhouse appearance.

Summer's Lindsey was the lead role in Deadly Honeymoon.

Summer's Supergirl was the core of the Superman/Batman: Apocalypse story.

Summer's Orwell was becoming the primary protagonist in The Cape (before its untimely cancellation).

Summer's Skylar on Alphas was more engaging than the regular cast.

How long will Tricia stay the lead in Scent of the Missing? lol
(Tricia is actually seven years older than Summer. Will she show her age?)

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 21:12 | Message # 12
That's true but it cannot happen in a Cop show.
Think Bones, Castle, The Mentalist or even NCIS. The central characters, who are destined to ultimately fall in love, are at the center of the show and the others have not much lines.
River Tam and Cameron were at the center of the show indeed, Summer's character in Scent of a Missing will not because the writers won't allow it.

May i introduce you Tricia love interest, ex-Tommy Hilfiger model Eric Winter :

termi-ninja-torDate: Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 22:27 | Message # 13
Quote (michelangelo)
That's true but it cannot happen in a Cop show.

This is a cop show? Tricia plays a volunteer, not a police officer.

Quote (michelangelo)

I think David Lyons thought his character would be the lead, based on the title as well as the initial premise. Perhaps he was still the lead in the last episode, but if so, not by much.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 22:31 | Message # 14
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
s is a cop show? Tricia plays a volunteer, not a police officer.

Sorry, i wanted to write a Dog show biggrin

Anyway, if this serie is a procedural like i guess, there won't be much room for a character like River Tam or Cameron or even Orwell.

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 00:59 | Message # 15
Quote (michelangelo)
Sorry, i wanted to write a Dog show

Anyway, if this serie is a procedural like i guess, there won't be much room for a character like River Tam or Cameron or even Orwell.

At least we can see her onscreen again. And if the showmakers don't screw up too badly, with Summer's talent and fanbase and with a less cancellation heavy channel in a non-scifi, non-superhero show she will remain there for long hopefully.

BTW does this mean that no more Skyler? She said in the recent interview that she'd like to come back.

BTW the description of her character sounds a bit Summer-ish again, is it a coincidence?

Quote (michelangelo)
Summer Glau is probably the most underrated and unlucky actress of her generation. She's beautiful, talented and brings the best out of the characters she plays, but can't seem to be in a bonafide success.
I notice this role on a pilot is not a leading role but at least she's in a Cop/lawyer/Doctor show and not in a sci-fi show as i expected. Maybe it's the start of a new career.

She is just too good and pure for this world. Wasting her talent is a grievous sin against art itself. Most people aren't even worthy to breath the same air as her let alone bashing her or disregard her talent.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 01:13

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau in 'Scent of the Missing' Pilot
Search: