menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Joss Whedon's secret Shakespeare movie.
Joss Whedon's secret Shakespeare movie.
chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 21 Aug 2012, 16:58 | Message # 31
Group: Administrators
'Much Ado About Nothing' will have its official premiere at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival.

Read more : Joss Whedon Alums Highlighted in New 'Much Ado About Nothing' Stills at THR

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

ThierryDate: Tuesday, 21 Aug 2012, 19:06 | Message # 32
Group: Friends
I hope it will be good.... Shakespeare's plays are not so easy to make films. There are great directors which made great movies based upon Shakespeare's plays, like Laurence Olivier, Kenneth Branagh or Orson Welles. There is also The Merchant of Venice with Al Pacino which is good, like Peter Brook's The Tempest.

(yes, I am a Shakespeare's fan !)

But there are really bad ones too, like A Midsummer Night's Dream by Michael Hoffmann....
Kenneth Branagh already made a Much Ado About Nothing movie, which is quite good.

And not to forget BBC's plays made for television during tne 1980s, which is an excellent introduction.

Hoping that Whedon's version will be great, wait and see.... it is really a nice play to watch.

... And an opportunity to watch (again or not) Shakespeare In Love... wink

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

Message edited by Thierry - Tuesday, 21 Aug 2012, 19:08

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 22 Aug 2012, 08:57 | Message # 33
Toronto International Film Festival schedule for Whedon's 'Much Ado About Nothing' is up

Link : TIFF

ThierryDate: Thursday, 23 Aug 2012, 18:16 | Message # 34
thx for the link, Chris smile

I don't know if it is a BW movie, and more than all, if it will be released in Europe.
Wait and see....

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

AlexDate: Friday, 24 Aug 2012, 01:22 | Message # 35
Group: Bloggers
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Toronto International Film Festival schedule for Whedon's 'Much Ado About Nothing' is up

Link : TIFF

I am trying to get tickets to see this at its second showing after the gala. Since the daytime showing is the day after, I am hoping that Whedon will be there as well as other cast members.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 05 Sep 2012, 20:21 | Message # 36
Article : 'Joss Whedon on 'Much Ado About Nothing' and how Shakespeare and 'The Avengers' are similar' at EW

A line from Joss Whedon caught my attention :
“Amy’s the best actress I’ve ever worked with. Get ready for an ace star performance. People were speechless,” gushed Whedon.

Glausphemy!!! Summer Glau is not the best actress Joss Whedon has ever worked with? I'm sure it must be a typo, i see no other explanation wink

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 21 Sep 2012, 11:17 | Message # 37
Captain Mal Reynolds (Firefly/serenity) and Agent Coulson (The Avengers) at 'Much Ado About Nothing' premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival

Captain Mal Reynolds (Firefly/serenity) and Agent Coulson (The Avengers) at 'Much Ado About Nothing' premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival

And the video now : Much Ado About Nothing Q&A/Premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF 2012)

Post-screening Q&A session with the cast of Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing at TIFF!
(L-R): Joss Whedon, Alexis Denisof, Amy Acker, Clark Gregg, Reed Diamond, Fran Kranz, Kai Cole, Jillian Morgese, Nick Kocher, Joshua Zar, Emma Bates, Brian McElhaney, Sean Maher, Tom Lenk, Ashley Johnson, Riki Lindhome, Nathan Fillion, Spencer Treat Clark, Jay Hunter, Danny Kaminsky.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 08 Mar 2013, 00:14 | Message # 38
Much Ado About Nothing(2013)- Trailers

I read somewhere very recently that Summer participated to the Shakespeare readings at Whedon's home a few years ago; unfortunately, she's not in the cast.

robboDate: Friday, 08 Mar 2013, 02:05 | Message # 39
nice trailer for much ado about nothing 2013. some really catchy music in there couldnt stop boppin, might be worth a look shame summer glau not in the cast but never mind just missing her at the moment, wink

robboDate: Saturday, 15 Jun 2013, 02:34 | Message # 40
joss whedon`s much ado about nothing is released in the uk this friday, and its cast is packed to the gills with whedon alumni from `angel`s amy acker and alexis denisof, `to `firefly`s nathan fillion and sean maher,`to `buffy`s tom lenk and the avengers` clark gregg` joss whedon `much ado about nothing is a very modern piece` the film is released this friday, june 14 in the uk.

KrelleKDate: Tuesday, 18 Jun 2013, 22:10 | Message # 41
so are they going to dress them all up as Elcors in dressed in the clothes from Shakespears Hamlet and make it Hamlet with an all Elcor cast :-)

a little thing from Mass Effect, for those that do not know what i mean, can try it on youtube, search mass effect, Hamlet, All Elcor Cast I believe :-)

robboDate: Sunday, 29 Dec 2013, 04:33 | Message # 42
Best Movies Off The Radar 2013! " Much Ado About Nothing " 
I"m not quite sure how any Joss Whedon movie can wind up "off the radar" in 2013, but that"s exactly what happened with his adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing. Shot in secret at Whedon"s house over two quick weeks while on break from filming The Avengers, this film features many Whedon regulars, including Nathan Fillion, Clark Gregg, Sean Maher, Amy Acker, and Alexis Denisof. It was also a family affair, the movie was co-produced by his wife, Kai Cole, who also designed the home where the film is set, and the soundtrack features songs performed by his brother Jed. The result is a film that makes many bold choices: It"s filmed in black and white, It"s set in contemporary times, and It"s performed with modern American speech. It takes a few minutes for such anachronisms to settle in, but once they do, this Much Ado About Nothing is an interesting ride that keeps you engaged throughout, even if It"s just to see what they do with this unique setup. The cast"s ability with Shakespeare is varied, many are good (and Nathan Fillion is brilliant, I wish he"d been playing Benedick, but the scenes with Dogberry are hands-down the best) and a couple are painful, but that"s all part of the fun and charm if you go in understanding the intended spirit of the film. And It"s certified Fresh at 84 percent, in case you need any extra convincing.
Via Rotten Tomatoes

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Joss Whedon's secret Shakespeare movie.
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: