menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » The Cape interviews and articles
The Cape interviews and articles
chrisdvanne_ Post # 61 | Thursday, 06 Jan 2011 - 23:20
Group: Administrators
I remember having seen recently someone saying they should also make an "Terminator : The Cameron Philips Chronicles" serie.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 62 | Friday, 07 Jan 2011 - 01:05
New interview at AfterEllen from Summer Glau about Orwell (made during The Cape’s premiere party)

Source : AfterEllen

Summer Glau discuss Orwell's character, her back-story and...what lesbian fans will like about The Cape smile

Fermi Post # 63 | Friday, 07 Jan 2011 - 01:44
who knows Orwell might be a lesbian. I hope that then it will not be any romances between her and the married man Vince
Rorwell shippers?
Raia/Orwell:))) shall I start the official thread

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 64 | Friday, 07 Jan 2011 - 02:09
I have a bombshell information about Orwell's feeling that i shall reveal if someone mess with me.

Fermi Post # 65 | Saturday, 08 Jan 2011 - 03:06
here is a Summer Glau interview from the cape premiere party

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 66 | Monday, 10 Jan 2011 - 00:09
There is plenty of articles about The Cape since the premiere party; i know some of you are lazy so i have retrieved some for you :

• 'The Cape' Star James Frain Reveals the Secret Ingredient That Will Drive the Show to The Hollywood Reporter
    Frain: It’s a very ambitious show, so there are a lot of elements that have to come together, particularly the tension between it being something that is serious and very rooted but also quite fun and this need to have a light-hearted flavor to it. I think that’ll be the secret, if the show works, that’ll be the secret that drives it.

Full article at The Hollywood Reporter

• Thomas Wheeler (The Cape creator) says to TvLine : "It's a Crime Drama With Costumes"
    TVLINE | I ask because it’s a lot to take in. I mean, first we meet Chess/Peter Fleming, who’s plenty imposing in his own right, and then bam! – there’s another big baddie, named Scales.
    It’s a big ol’ bunch of Cape. [Chuckles] There are two adventures in there , for sure, but it gives you a good flavor for the show. There is separateness to that second hour — we’ve got the cape on and we explore themes in a different way. It’s a lot of story, but I’m proud of how it turned out.

Full article at TvLine

• LA TV Insider Examiner says : 'The Cape' dances its way onto television's vigilante landscape
    While The Cape features a regular (human) man learning to do extraordinary things, it must be noted that in order to fit into the genre, liberties with reality must be taken. Sometimes those liberties are a bit campy, sometimes just over-the-top. Abilities of a normal man are bended, and some of the “tricks” The Cape has up his sleeve are damn near impossible for a mortal man to accomplish. But in genre shows like this, one must learn to suspend disbelief, turn off the inner reality critic, and enjoy the ride.

Full article at LA Examiner

chrisdvanne_ Post # 67 | Monday, 10 Jan 2011 - 01:06
This site never sleeps.
New interview with David Lyons (WPXI.com's Jessica Fera talks with actor David Lyons about what it's like to play a superhero and finds out which comics he researched to prepare for the role) :

@2:03 He is not wearing a cape because he thinks he is a superhero but because it's helping him fighting back

How many potential viewers actually knows that the cape is a weapon; they should have said it right from the start. At least before revealing the first pictures of the cape everyone was laughing about.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 68 | Monday, 10 Jan 2011 - 14:29
We had the photos from "The Cape" premiere party and now we have a behind-the-scene footage

Source : movieweb.com

chrisdvanne_ Post # 69 | Monday, 10 Jan 2011 - 14:33
It's so nice to see Summer on a coktail dress; hopefully Summer will attend Big Screen premiere party in the future if The Cape is a success.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 70 | Monday, 10 Jan 2011 - 14:59
You can find dozens of reviews for the premiere of The Cape; i have chosen to link to TvSquad because the author wrote a credible revue IMHO.

This is incredibly hokey, to be sure, but feels fresh after decades of comic deconstruction in both print and filmed media. And, indeed, if there's an easy target in these first few hours for mockery, it unfortunately lies in Faraday's family, who aren't called upon to act so much as sit around like weepy cardboard cutouts in the wake of Vince's public disgrace at the hands of the Ark Corporation. Their two-dimensionality undercuts Faraday's noble motivation somewhat, but doesn't undercut it completely. By the end of the second hour aired tonight, Dana (Jennifer Ferrin) had taken active steps to be more than simply a weeping widow, so hopefully things will improve on the Faraday home front.

Summer Glau is a geek fave, but her roles on 'Firefly' and 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' didn't leave her much room to act like a normal flesh-and-blood character. Early events on 'The Cape' leave her slightly in the wind (especially her horrifyingly bad confrontation with Cain), and her connection to the larger events in Palm City are incredibly telegraphed in the first hour. Still, Glau has the chops to pull Orwell up from a second-rate Watchtower into something more substantial. Hopefully, later episodes will let her shine more than these did.

Full article at TvSquad

chrisdvanne_ Post # 71 | Tuesday, 11 Jan 2011 - 13:59
James Frain hints at Chess arc (warning! contain spoiler)

The Cape star James Frain has revealed that his character's evil alter-ego Chess will not feature heavily in future episodes.

The actor told the Los Angeles Times that the show will instead focus on the killer's other identity as billionaire Peter Fleming.
"We've been shooting for six [or] seven episodes now and Chess has been out in the world doing his nastiness, but we haven't seen him for a while," he explained. "We've seen a lot of Fleming and what Fleming's up to."
However, Frain admitted that he is anticipating a "really big and nasty" storyline for Chess later in the first season.
"They don't tell us any of the storylines, so I can't tease... anything!" he claimed. "I can feel [something] looming in the background. They haven't told us what [it is] yet. There's going to be something really nasty with Chess. We're going to see... something gross and repellent."

The Cape airs on Mondays at 9/8c on NBC.

Source : Digital Spy

chrisdvanne_ Post # 72 | Wednesday, 12 Jan 2011 - 13:18
Television Whithout Pity made a list of pop culture references (Films, TV Shows and Comics) The Cape borrows from.

NBC's new superhero crime-fighting show has made its debut and... it could be a lot worse. Remember, this is a genre in which Heroes and Smallville are considered shining examples of success. The Cape is a little hokey, and not terribly original, but it doesn't try to be anything more than what it is, which is a show about a vigilante fighting bad guys with his magic cape. Plus, it steals from the best -- we counted at least ten elements in the first two episodes alone that we've seen in other TV shows, movies and comic books, most of them favorites of ours. Here's what we saw, and where we saw it first. -- Zach Oat

See the full article on Television Without Pity

chrisdvanne_ Post # 73 | Friday, 14 Jan 2011 - 01:39
David Lyons told Zap2it that his character Vince will become less dark and brooding on The Cape.

As I grow with the character, I learn he's not always angry ... and not always obsessive about the pursuit of Peter Fleming [James Frain, "The Cape's" primary bad guy] and getting his family back. It's through characters like Max and Summer Glau's character, Orwell, that really bring that side of his character out.

Lyons also confirmed that Vince's relationship with Max will become more complicated.

[Max is] the leader of a bunch of criminals, but he also takes [Vince] in and trains him to become The Cape," he explained. "One of the constant battles Vince has in accessing Max and what he wants from [him] is that sometimes he's a sensei and sometimes he's an obstacle.

Read full article at Zap2it

chrisdvanne_ Post # 74 | Monday, 17 Jan 2011 - 13:14
Saturday Night Live Spoofs The Cape!

Saturday Night Live and The Cape being both on NBC, we don't mind the mockery. As a matter of fact, it's more promotion for The Cape smile

chrisdvanne_ Post # 75 | Monday, 17 Jan 2011 - 13:31
I'm not familiar with the SNL comedy show anyway i thought this gallery of superheroes was funny.
More, don't they say that imitation is the best form of flattery?

Btw, which one do you prefer : The Scarf, The Smock, The Leg Warmer, The Sleep Mask, The Bolo Tie, The Water Bottle Holder, The Scrunchy or The Spanx ?

I'll go for The Sleep Mask tongue

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 17 Jan 2011, 13:43

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » The Cape interviews and articles
Search: