menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau on SyFy
Summer Glau on SyFy
chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 18 Jul 2011, 17:36 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
As you certainly know, the TV channel SyFy UK will start airing The Cape on Thursday July, 21, 2011 at 8pm.

On this occasion SyFy UK had decided to make a The Cape quizz via twitter to promote the show :

SyfyUK Syfy UK
The first Cape quiz will be a 5 question Summer Glau quiz starting today at 2.30pm. Simply tweet the right answers back to us.

You'll notice that the quizz doesn't start with questions about the hero of The Cape aka David Lyons; instead the channel has decided to use the image of the most buzzworthy member of the cast aka Summer Glau. It's a good move, knowing that there was a lot of buzz arround Summer Glau recently (i'm thinking Knights of Badassdom) and it should continue during San Diego Comic Con.

And now the (very difficult) quizz (i quote together the question and the answer, given a few minutes later) :

SyfyUK Syfy UK
Summer Glau Quiz, Q1. Before becoming an actress which form of dancing was Summer studying professionally? #thecape

Summer Glau Quiz A1 - Well done you clever people, it was 'Ballet'. 10 of you got it right. Stand by for Q2. #Thecape

SyfyUK Syfy UK
Summer Glau Quiz, Q2. Summer Glau’s first credited TV appearance was in which Joss Whedon series? #theCape

Summer Glau Quiz A2. Well, well... a lot of you got that one wrong. The answer is Angel. Summer was in the episode Prima Ballerina.

SyfyUK Syfy UK
Summer Glau Quiz, Q3. Summer’s character in Dollhouse, Bennett Halverson, lost the use of which part of her body? #thecape

Summer Glau Quiz A3. It was her arm (we think it was her left but you get a point for arm anyway). 5 of you got that right. #thecape

SyfyUK Syfy UK
Summer Glau Quiz, Q4. Summer has NOT appeared in which one of these TV shows – Buffy, Chuck or The 4400? #Thecape

Summer Glau Quiz A4. It was indeed Buffy, the only Whedon show that Summer hasn't been in. 8 correct answers so far. #thecape

SyfyUK Syfy UK
Summer Glau Quiz, Q5. Summer’s character in The Cape shares a name with which famous British novelist who wrote 1984? #thecape

Summer Glau Quiz A5. Yes of course, it was George Orwell. 16 of you got that right. #thecape

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 18 Jul 2011, 18:18

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 18 Jul 2011, 17:37 | Message # 2
Do they really pay someone to do that?

The number of response is in phase with the level of creativity of this quizz. At least it's cheaper than a 30 sec ads on a major channel or magazine ads. It would be interesting to hear from a UK member of the wiki if SYFy promotes The Cape anywhere else.

BlaziusDate: Monday, 18 Jul 2011, 17:55 | Message # 3
Group: Friends
It seems that Summer has managed to steal the show from the other actors again, even as Orwell! And I think its not just because of KoB because if I remember correctly the original NBC promotions had a high Summer content also.

One thing I fail to understand through is that if Summer is really that buzzworthy then why so few high-profile show maker wants her in their show? She would deserve at least a guest appearance in SGU or something.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

TheSaviorDate: Monday, 18 Jul 2011, 18:06 | Message # 4
LOL just to say it...the answer to 5ft is George Orwell [his real name was Eric Arthur Blair] XD
They are cleaver man to use Summer name...but...
Why, why, why...if all them "know" she is so special, nobudy let her became a Hollywood Star? Are they really waiting for me? XD how kind from them ehehhe

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

BlaziusDate: Monday, 18 Jul 2011, 18:19 | Message # 5
Quote (TheSavior)
They are cleaver man to use Summer name...but...
Why, why, why...if all them "know" she is so special, nobudy let her became a Hollywood Star?

Yeah, thats exactly what I'm asking! Its kinda weird to me. Almost seems like they hold a grudge against Summer!

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 18 Jul 2011, 18:25 | Message # 6
@Blazius : yeah , David Lyons and Summer Glau were the public faces of The Cape; they were even invited by NBC at the Thanksgiving Macy's parade, followed by 10 millions viewers on NBC.

I have the same interrogations as you my friends and i have not the answer; this is still a mystery to me.

Though i may have missed the David Lyons quiz yesterday (i'm busy on another part of the interweb these days) because SyFy annouce a super villain quiz for tomorrow.

BlaziusDate: Monday, 18 Jul 2011, 18:30 | Message # 7
BTW I don't know how good news is that she gets some exposure in the UK. I don't think that americans in the business are so interested in the europian market. Or will we get a Cape continuation if its a hit in the UK?

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 18 Jul 2011, 18:59 | Message # 8
On the contrary, i think this is very important to have an international popularity; it's true that outside US viewers don't count on Nielsen ratings and therefore advertisement a show can have. If the serie is a hit in UK, UK studios would want Summer on their domestic or international productions. Having glanced to IMDb Pro, i can tell you that A-list actors have talent agents in different country.
More, the company who owns the rights makes money from the DVD's whether they are sold in US or in Europe. It's important to have an actor or a serie that sells lots of DVD's; i'm not saying it's the case for Summer though.
Forget about a continuation.

Edit : to tell you the truth i made this thread for Google search purpose cool

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 18 Jul 2011, 23:03

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 19 Jul 2011, 15:09 | Message # 9
And now the super villain quiz :

SyfyUK Syfy UK
Today's #TheCape twitter quiz starts at 2.30pm - Super Viallain Quiz - 5 Questions
Il y a 1 heure

The intern Syfy hired to post these tweets makes as much typo as i do tongue

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 10 Dec 2012, 17:49 | Message # 10
Syfy celebrates its history in this 20th anniversary special, tonight at 9/8c.

About the Special
"Anything you dream is fiction, and anything you accomplish is science, the whole history of mankind is nothing but science fiction."
- Ray Bradbury
In 1992, one channel set out to push the limits of possibility and imagination on television. Now, 20 years later, we're looking back at two decades of broadcasting the history of ideas with a special retrospective on Syfy's past, a look at the present, and a vision of the future! Tune in to see the evolution of the network, from cult favorites like Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Farscape to breakthrough dramas like Battlestar Galactica and Being Human to original movies that brought us scares from the likes of Sharktopus...and see how Syfy has helped shape a world in which sci-fi, super heroes, horror and fantasy dominate the pop culture landscape!
The past 20 years have been an exploration of the potential for imagination in television. Celebrate it with us, and join us for a look at Syfy's future!
Syfy's 20th anniversary special airs Monday, December 10 at 9/8c on Syfy.

Check out the trailer, inwhich you'll recognize some of your favorite sci-fi actors, including one or two who already played played with Summer Glau; can you guess who?

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 10 Dec 2012, 19:08 | Message # 11
I only recognise one that played with her. When I say 'play' I mean acted with her and he was in both Haven and Legend Of Hells Gate.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 10 Dec 2012, 19:30 | Message # 12
Quote (KevinInEngland)
I only recognise one that played with her. When I say 'play' I mean acted with her and he was in both Haven and Legend Of Hells Gate.

You'd better not mention to Susuannah Charleson that you didn't know that Summer Glau and Tricia Helfer co-starred in TNT's pilot 'Scent of the Missing' tongue

On setOn set

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau on SyFy
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: