menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau Gets Stretchy and Flexible
Summer Glau Gets Stretchy and Flexible
PasshaDate: Sunday, 03 Jul 2011, 20:02 | Message # 1
Group: Friends
Here’s Summer Glau doing some weird Cirque De Soleil crap with some curtains or something. I don’t know what’s going on, they’re apparently stills from the show The Cape in case you were wondering, I know, I can’t believe that garbage is still on the air either. Anyhow, Summer is perry hot, she’s wearing one of those weird 1980′s aerobic workout costume and she’s suspended from the ceiling stretching out her booty… That’s good enough for me.

Summer Glau Gets Stretchy and FlexibleSummer Glau Gets Stretchy and FlexibleSummer Glau Gets Stretchy and Flexible
StillsSummer Glau Gets Stretchy and Flexible
Watch more promotional photos from The Cape in the Gallery.

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 03 Jul 2011, 20:07 | Message # 2
Group: Administrators
Thanks for posting Passha!
Indeed i saw that post a few weeks ago. The pictures are nice but the comments are sometime not very respectfull. This is not my conception of the internet but hey, this is internet.

Is it a new avatar? It seems it's the trend to change avatars these days biggrin

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Monday, 04 Jul 2011, 00:00 | Message # 3
If Summer Glau is not beautiful then I don't know who is love

Its seems the internet is full of idiots through.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

termi-ninja-torDate: Monday, 04 Jul 2011, 05:11 | Message # 4
I have always thought that Summer must be stretchy and flexible since she was a successful ballerina before. Aside from the fight scenes and the ballet performances in Angel and TSCC, she really hasn't had an opportunity to show off her physical abilities on TV.

She looks beautiful and elegant in these shots. They must of course be from The Cape. I suspect they must have filmed a performance by her on the flying silks, but it must have been almost totally cut out from the final version of the episode. Too bad. Maybe they will include it with the cut scenes on the discs (which will be available for purchase starting Tuesday, July 5, day after tomorrow).

My favorite pic is the second one. I like the pose.

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 04 Jul 2011, 07:29 | Message # 5
To tell the truth, i'm not expecting too much from her so-called "physical abilities"; Summer will turn 30 in a few days and she has stopped training hard.
When a role or a particular scene requires physical abilities, producers will always call a stunt for ovious risk and insurance reasons (see Actors and their Stunt/Body/Dance Double on the forum). She said on the panel video from Calgary Comic Expo that is was hard for her to attend ballet class because she's aware that she would never have the level of performance she had before.

I prefer to focus on the "She’s a creature of extraordinary grace." aspect.

[Simon has infiltrated the facility where River is being held, and questions a doctor on her condition]
Simon: [impersonating an Alliance official] How is she physically?
Dr. Mathias: Like nothing we've seen. All our subjects are conditioned for combat, but River, she's a creature of extraordinary grace.
Simon: Yes, she always did love to dance.

I don't know who wrote those lines but it's very subtile and tells a lot about the way they see River Tam.

I enjoy seing her kick some ass or even doing ballet when it's well introduced and blended in the story (like in the scene were Derek saw her dancing) though. Writers knows we like it and they never miss a chance to give us what we want : The Cape was no exception.

Back to these picts : it was initially a scene with Summer performing aerial silk and Vinve Faraday staring at her (hidden or not is not clear but i think he was not hidden) in order to create a bond between them. For some reason known only by themselves, the writers decided to turn it into a scene hinting the father/daughter relation between Orwell and Peter Fleming.
Side note : you have to remember that the pilot showed at Comic Com 2010 revealed that Fleming was her father but they removed that from the aired first episode and introduced that on this scene instead.

DevoDate: Monday, 04 Jul 2011, 08:12 | Message # 6
It's a shame that we never got to see her dance in her prime, she must have been a vision to behold.

I have always liked classical but never really given much thought to the physical expression of the music before I saw Summer dance. She gave me a new appreciation of ballet. I would very much like to catch the ballet in San Francisco sometime.

When Summer said she will never be at that level again, you have to remember how skilled she was and her perspective on it. She still has physical abilities beyond most people, and can still cut a rug. It's like Nolan Ryan feeling sad that he can only throw a 95 mile per hour fastball today, and not 102 mph fastball like he could when he was in his prime. biggrin

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 04 Jul 2011, 08:20 | Message # 7
I have no idea who Nolan Ryan is and what a fastball is (baseball?) but i understand the comparison and totally agree. This is also why i insisted on Summer's grace; this is something she will never loose.

Edit : i have a hard time with my keyboard these days ("v" and "c" are side by side on french ones). Change it? Wear glasses?

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 04 Jul 2011, 08:37

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 04 Jul 2011, 08:22 | Message # 8
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Maybe they will include it with the cut scenes on the discs (which will be available for purchase starting Tuesday, July 5, day after tomorrow).

The two-DVD set includes episode 10 "Endgame" aired only online but no special features.

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 05 Jul 2011, 00:58 | Message # 9
The most amazing thing is that Summer not only has extraordinary acting skills and not only she does most of her stunts herself (even ignoring the risk of injury) but she even does these very impressive extra feats like the dance of River in Safe, the ballet in Demon hand, and now the silk dancing in The Cape.

She is not only talented in acting but also in so many other things as well, its frightening. I bet these stunts must be very challenging both physically and mentally, yet she always do something similar. Imagine how much energy its takes to do them, she must have a lot of energy. Its hard to comprehend what motivates her really. My guess is her sheer love of these arts but who knows.

And this silk dancing looks a bit extreme even for her considering that she has never done even a similar thing before. I wonder how she came to do it considering it wasn't even that necessary in the episode as her previous stunts.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 05 Jul 2011, 01:11 | Message # 10
As she said in the panel in Calgary, producers aks more from her than any other artists because they know her physical abilities; have you seen the rehearsal video from the danse sequence on TSCC? That's lots of extra work for her.
Aerial silk was new for her and for Izabella Miko too; they took class that's all.

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 05 Jul 2011, 01:33 | Message # 11
Thats why its so infuriating when somebody writes those nonsense, offensive articles about her.
She works more than anyone else, plays better than anyone else, she is tougher than anyone else and yet all she gets is that everybody blames the cancellations on her! I know we have discussed this countless times and nobody can do anything about it, but still. Is there even justice in this word at all?

EDIT: Sorry for the outburst, I just got a bit angry again sad

Message edited by Blazius - Tuesday, 05 Jul 2011, 01:36

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 05 Jul 2011, 01:37 | Message # 12
And yet she doesn't seem to complain. So much much talent and no over-inflated ego...

Edit : i try to repress my "Don Quichotte" tendency. I fight only when it's worth it and when i have a chance to win.

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 05 Jul 2011, 01:39

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 05 Jul 2011, 01:47 | Message # 13
Yeah, actually I don't remember seeing this combination working in a long time, maybe never at all.

Thats why she is so valuable and a person like her is extremely rare.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau Gets Stretchy and Flexible
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: