menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » An interesting news
An interesting news
TheSavior Post # 1 | Sunday, 03 Jul 2011 - 00:44
Group: Friends
past week at the saturday regular online chat of the http://www.savethescc.com/the-chatroom/ ther was a special guest who stopped by. I still dont know who, but tonight [well for me it will be Monday on 4.00 a.m.] i will attend the chat...watch online "samson adn dalilah" and cross my finger, using my brain power, to summon at least one of the cast of TSCC. If it turn out to be Summer Glau it will be something special, but i strong doubtly she come at those chatroom ehehe
Most probably is ashman or friedman. we will see..i'm alredy there, waiting ^^

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

TheSavior Post # 2 | Monday, 04 Jul 2011 - 19:25
huhuhu i'm having fun with some friend. Nathan Fillion is here in Rome not far from me...we are planning to go searching for him tomorrow and the day after to see if we can catch him and do some Photos heheeh XD is cool. I ever loved his characters and style. Isnt Summer...but is somehow related...i hope to ask him, after some time if we can get to talk a bit, if he has some emil or better more the right address to contact Summer, to be sure if our Calendar is sended to the right one.

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

robbo Post # 3 | Thursday, 28 Mar 2013 - 01:00
i ran across this little bit of science fiction history in a years-old, ign piece, about the history of the terminator franchise, and i am kind of astonished that i had never run across the story before now. when cameron wrote the terminator screenplay, things were rough. he was living out of his car and struggling to get by. needless to say, he could have used the cash a screenplay sale would bring in. but cameron apparently wasnt going to be satisfied just with selling the script, he wanted to direct the terminator as well. giving the reins to an unproven director would have been a tough sale in the best of circumstances, but cameron was willing to put his money where his mouth was. in exchange for the directing gig, he sold the script to gale anne hurd for one lousy dollar. four quarters, for a movie that went on to bring in around eighty million dollars worldwide, and which launched camerons career into the stratosphere. how cool was that what a lousy dollar does for ye, amazing cool

robbo Post # 4 | Thursday, 30 May 2013 - 00:56
christopher lee`s  third heavy metal album is set to drop on june 4th thats right, i said third heavy metal album. at 91, years old famed bad wizard/dracula, christopher lee, is getting ready to release his third heavy metal album in six years called CHARLEMAGNE OMENS OF DEATH, a quasi sequel to his album CHARLEMAGNE BY THE SWORD AND THE CROSS `he actually has four albums out but only three are of the heavy metal variety, the other, REVELATION is a cover album of incredibly random songs` i guess when you are in the decade that sees you closing in on 100, are the cousin to james bond writer ian fleming, served in WWII, and have acted in about a thousand things, you can pretty much do whatever the hell you want to do. head bang forever sir lee.  what a dark horse sir christopher lee, `a bat out of hell`

robbo Post # 5 | Saturday, 01 Jun 2013 - 01:47
man plays guitar during brain surgery. californian musician and actor brad carter. was diagnosed with parkinsons disease in 2006, and the increasingly worse tremors made it hard for him to play guitar. he chooses finger picking over traditional playing, so you can imagine how big of a setback this was for him. with prescription drugs failing to help, carter recently underwent surgery at a UCLA hospital to get an electrode attached to a very specific area of the brain that would help in controlling his tremors, of course, for a surgery such as this, where doctors are poking around inside the old cranium, it helps if the patient is actually awake to test whether the electrode is doing its job or not, and what better way for carter to prove that than to do what he loves the most. he played his guitar during surgery, given a local anesthetic, carter was allowed to stay conscious and able to finger-pick the shit out of that guitar. and though the surgery wont cure the disease, it will slow it down enough to allow carter to play his music live again.  that was a heartwarming story, how cool was that for brad carter awesome, take it away `brad`

robbo Post # 6 | Saturday, 15 Jun 2013 - 00:58
the walking dead lets you show your loyalty via credit card. a while back we introduced you to a new walking dead slot machine and joked about how it is going to appear this fall and take all of your money. but dont worry, because now you can get prepaid walking dead visa card. and no, im not joking, not even a little. skybound, an imprint of image comics, the publisher of robert kirkman`s comic books that inspired AMC`s hit zombie drama, have teamed up with card com to release seven different cards featuring characters and images from the popular series. kirkman says, `having the walking dead`art on these credit cards will be an exciting way for fans to incorporate the series art into their daily lives, one of the cards features that iconic moment of protagonist rick grimes, freshly out of a coma, riding into a decimated atlanta, searching for his family. number two shows a horde of the undead, zombies that look suspiciously like rick, andrea, and other favorite characters. a third should prove pretty popular, emblazoned as it is with sword-wielding badass michonne. i really hope the tv show does something, anything with her character when it comes back this fall for season four, otherwise it is a complete waste. my god what will they come up with next,

The Walking Dead credit card

View the whole gallery and more details at Card.com.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 7 | Saturday, 15 Jun 2013 - 09:24
Group: Administrators
'The Walking Dead' art on credit cards, why not?

And now I want my TSCC credit card wink

Stills Season 1

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robbo Post # 8 | Sunday, 16 Jun 2013 - 02:01
Quote (chrisdvanne)
'The Walking Dead' art on credit cards, why not?

And now I want my TSCC credit card

thanks chris, me too i want my TSCC credit card wink

robbo Post # 9 | Sunday, 16 Jun 2013 - 02:42
chemotherapy becomes superformula for young cancer patients. with the release of director zack snyder`s man of steel this weekend, its good to see that there are some do-gooders out there being a special kind of superhero. being diagnosed with cancer and going through chemotherapy is a terrible thing for anyone to experience, especially a child. to lessen the burden on young patients, A.C. CAMARGO CANCER CENTER in sao paulo, brazil has joined forces with warner bros. and DC COMICS to brighten up their day and their chemotherapy experiences. as reported on IGN, A.C. CAMARGO CANCER CENTER now has special `superformula`intravenous bag covers that are based on the superhero characters from the justice league of america to make a special `child-friendly version of the treatment` the center has also painted the corridors in the chidren`s ward to resemble the hall of justice. warner bros. and DC COMICS are taking the children`s cancer treatment one step further by making special comic books featuring BATMAN, SUPERMAN, WONDER WOMAN and GREEN LANTERN, the comic book storylines consists of the superheroes going through similar experiences with cancer as the children, and how they recovered because of the superformula. its very touching that everyone involved is going beyond the call of duty to make things a little bit easier for kids in a bad situation.

robbo Post # 10 | Tuesday, 18 Jun 2013 - 03:55
the oldest man in recorded history has passed away. the oldest man alive passed away last week, on june 12, at the age of 116 years and 54 days old. japan`s jiroemon kimura was the guinness world records holder for the oldest man ever to have lived in recorded history. he died peacefully of natural causes in a hospital in kyotango, japan, after being admitted for pneumonia on may 11. for several days prior to his death he had become less responsive and his blood-sugar levels and urine production had decreased, until his finally passed away at 2.08 a.m. on the 12th. kimura was born april 19th, 1897, in the fishing village of kamiukawa `now part of kyotango` japan, he was the third of six children born to farmers morizo and fusa miyake. kimura was one of a small handful of people who could say that they lived through three different centuries. after his death, that number has dropped to nine people. at 116 years and 54 days on the planet, jiroemon kimura was the oldest male in recorded history, and the ninth oldest person. kimura leaves behind five children, 14 grandchildren, 25 great-grandchildren, and 13 great-great-grandchildren. he worked as a postman until he retired at 65, he later worked as a farmer until he turned 90 years old, `hang on, lets repeat that he worked as a farmer until he was 90 freaking years old. what an amazing guy that is unbelievable,

robbo Post # 11 | Tuesday, 18 Jun 2013 - 04:15
the second oldest male in modern recorded history was christian mortensen, originally from denmark, who later lived in california. mortensen was 115 years and 252 days old when he died in 1998. the oldest person in history is jeanne calment of france, who lived until she was an extraordinary 122 years and 164 days old. the world`s oldest living person is now misao okawa, also from japan, who is currently 115 years and 104 days old. i do wish her good health so she can steal the trophy from calment. wow just amazing extraordinary people from around the world.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 12 | Tuesday, 18 Jun 2013 - 06:41
Quote (robbo)
the oldest person in history is jeanne calment of france, who lived until she was an extraordinary 122 years and 164 days old.

I remember we used to have an interview of her on TV every year for her Birthday. What was extraordinary by Jeanne Calment is that she had kept her faculties well into old age (she was a bit deaf though).

robbo Post # 13 | Tuesday, 18 Jun 2013 - 23:00
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Quote (robbo)the oldest person in history is jeanne calment of france, who lived until she was an extraordinary 122 years and 164 days old.
I remember we used to have an interview of her on TV every year for her Birthday. What was extraordinary by Jeanne Calment is that she had kept her faculties well into old age (she was a bit deaf though).
she must have been a really special lady to get interviewed on tv each year for her birthday, she certainly was extraordinary if she kept her faculties well into old age, i wonder what jeanne calment secret was of growing old to the ripe old age of 122 years and 164 days old. amazing,

chrisdvanne_ Post # 14 | Tuesday, 18 Jun 2013 - 23:05
Quote (robbo)
i wonder what jeanne calment secret was of growing old to the ripe old age of 122 years and 164 days old

That's the question that journalists kept asking her every year. She answered with a joke usually, there's no easy answer, no magic remedy.

robbo Post # 15 | Thursday, 20 Jun 2013 - 01:51
back to the future`s hoverboard, terminator`s  t-1000 and other amazing sci-fi memorabilia up for auction. how cool would it be to show up next halloween dressed as the t-1000 from terminator 2. and we are not just talking about slapping on some mirrored aviators, a police uniform, and calling it a day, oh hell no, we mean full on, gaping-liquid-metal shotgun-blast wounds, and that long, sword-like arm that stabs the guy through the milk carton. what if you could own a real life costume from the movie. sure, you dont look anything like robert patrick, but that would be pretty sweet. and now you can do exactly this. the t-1000 costume is just one of tons of crazy cool pieces of sci-fi and movie memorabilia up for auction in the upcoming screen used online auction. you can also adorn your home with an actual facehugger from alien. or how about taking a spin on your very own hoverboard, the pit bull hoverboard from back to the future II is also up to bid on. other items include a mogwai from gremlins 2, the medical tri-corder from star trek insurrection, and more. there are blasters and a couple of lightsabers from star wars, a coat from the matrix, and costumes from chronicles of riddick. all in all, there are more than 460 items up for auction.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » An interesting news
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: