menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » NBC cancellled Undercovers, one slot open for The Cape...
NBC cancellled Undercovers, one slot open for The Cape...
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Friday, 05 Nov 2010 - 00:22
Group: Administrators
No surprise here, NBC cancelled Undercovers so that leaves a wednesday slot open for a midseason show like The Cape.

I'm not an expert on TV scheduling so i will quote what The_GodfatherSJP said on the blue wiki :
"This leaves the 8PM Wednesday slot open for the midseason. Along with the Friday 8PM, Thursday 10PM, and Sundays 9PM through 11PM assuming NBC cancels The Apprentice (which it will, given its awful numbers Thursday Night), these are the open slots available for midseason shows. There are 3 half hour shows and 3 hour long shows premiering after January, or 4.5 total hours of programming for about 5 hours of TV time (assuming nothing else is pulled from the schedule, Chase may be next).

None of these hours are really optimal for a premiere for anything. Sundays will be weighed down by a reality TV show, Minute To Win It, and Wednesdays aren't watched much. Thursday is NBC's comedy night, and Friday's are a wasteland. Now, NBC could move an existing show to another slot to make room for its midseason shows (which obviously include The Cape, hence this post), but given the expanded season orders for everything else on their Fall slate, it's clear NBC doesn't think much of their midseason replacements."

As much as i'm awaiting to see The Cape, i don't think it's a good start to be "a filler" for another shows failure.

We will look closely at what NBC execs decide on the near future.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 05 Nov 2010, 00:23

Fermi Post # 2 | Saturday, 06 Nov 2010 - 14:17
I really hope the Nielsen people will watch this show

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Monday, 08 Nov 2010 - 16:28
With Chuck geting its back nine, The Cape could be later on the same night.
I think Summer guest-staring on Chuck is not a coincidence.
Would Chuck be a good lead-in for The Cape?

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 08 Nov 2010, 16:28

Fermi Post # 4 | Monday, 08 Nov 2010 - 19:33
Quote (michelangelo)
Would Chuck be a good lead-in for The Cape?

I think so, I have never seen chuck, but the two shows should have a similar target audience

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Friday, 12 Nov 2010 - 00:42
TV journalist suggest pairing Chuck with The Cape on monday night :

"Program themed nights.

If NBC is looking for a diversity of programming rather than specificity, it should consider creating genre-specific programming blocks across the week. Monday nights, which has been tanking since the season began, might perform better if the shows were more compatible with each other. Chuck, Undercovers, and, say, The Cape (a comic book-influenced vigilante drama set for midseason), all wish-fulfillment/superhero/super-spy dramas, would make more sense together than an action-comedy, a thriller, and a procedural. Make one night solely devoted to reality programming, another for quirky comedy, a third for grittier dramas, etc."

NBC, You've Blown It Again!

Fermi Post # 6 | Monday, 15 Nov 2010 - 00:51
Summer Glau said

So… when does ‘The Cape’ premiere?
I know it’s sometime in January. And it looks like we’re going to be on Mondays, which I think is really cool because I’m a huge fan of ‘Chuck.’ I like how their fans are really loyal and passionate.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » NBC cancellled Undercovers, one slot open for The Cape...
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: