menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Best uses of music in film/TV by The A.V. Club Staff
Best uses of music in film/TV by The A.V. Club Staff
Passha Post # 1 | Friday, 20 May 2011 - 19:49
Group: Friends
http://www.avclub.com/articles/best-uses-of-music-in-filmtv,56350/

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2 | Saturday, 21 May 2011 - 00:59
Group: Administrators
Nice catch Passha.
I post here the passage of the article dedicated to TSCC.

The A.V. Club Staff : "I was wondering what your favorite use of a song was in a TV show or movie, a situation where the scene and the song just brought out the best in each other."
"I’ll nominate a couple of runners-up, both from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Johnny Cash’s “The Man Comes Around” (over a sequence where the FBI tries to take down Terminator Garret Dillahunt, with disastrous consequences, much of it merely suggested by sound effects and by visuals seen from the bottom of a pool), and better yet, Shirley Manson’s “Samson And Delilah”(over a scene where Sarah Connor and her son John are captured and tortured). I found Sarah Connor Chronicles disappointing and often dull, but these two sequences were stylish, nervy, cinematic, and daring enough to keep me coming back all the way to the end of the series."

At 2:44, when Ellison faces Cromartie, the melancolic music is not from Jonny Cash anymore but i think it's still great; then Sarah's boring and incomprehensible comment ruins everything.

Cromartie vs FBI Scene was praised by all fans but the opening scene of "Sanson and Delilah" was more controversal; personally, i don't like Shirley Manson's music and interpretation that much, but it's just me. I think that TSCC writers tried to reproduce the dramatic effect of the first sequence but did not suceed imo.

Shirley Manson - Samson and Delilah on Youtube.

TSCC writers made another attempt on "Mr.Ferguson is ill Today" with Cromartie's Dead by adding music and slow motion to the scene.

Cromartie's Dead on Youtube

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Best uses of music in film/TV by The A.V. Club Staff
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: