menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Cannes: Megan Ellison Wins 'Terminator' Rights Auction
Cannes: Megan Ellison Wins 'Terminator' Rights Auction
Passha Post # 1 | Sunday, 15 May 2011 - 20:32
Group: Friends
Megan Ellison has won an auction for the rights to make at least two more installments of The Terminator franchise, with Fast Five's Justin Lin attached to direct and Arnold Schwarzenegger attached to star. The deal came down to Ellison's Annapurna Films and Lionsgate, which seemed to have had the project sewn up until she came forward with a dramatic bid. The auction at the time was for a guarantee for at least half of the $29.5 million paid by hedge fund Pacificor to pull the franchise out of bankruptcy. Unclear what the winning amount was, but I wouldn't be surprised if it hit the $20 million mark. CAA brokered the deal.

source:
http://www.deadline.com/2011....auction

Charley_Dixon Post # 2 | Sunday, 15 May 2011 - 21:09
Group: Administrators
Thanks for sharing this news. By the way I was surprised when I discovered that Megan Ellison is a daughter of Larry Ellison (Oracle).

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Saturday, 28 May 2011 - 01:30
The question is : is this a good or a bad thing for a continuation of TSCC?
And now that Arnold is involved in domestic troubles, what with the future of the Terminator franchise; confusing times wacko

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

termi-ninja-tor Post # 4 | Saturday, 28 May 2011 - 02:59
I think it could be a bad thing. All interest in the Terminator franchise will focus on making another film along the main Terminator story line. TSCC could be pushed aside and forgotten.

They will move ahead with or without Arnold. If he can clear up his troubles quickly enough, he can still participate.

Fermi Post # 5 | Saturday, 28 May 2011 - 03:21
Will Linda Hamilton return as Sarah Connor? Assignment X asked her
ASSIGNMENT X: There has been some talk about a TERMINATOR 5. If there was a way for Sarah to come back would you return to the franchise?

LINDA HAMILTON: If it made sense and if it wasn’t just ‘a wanting to make a whole bunch of money so I’ll try this one more time’ kind of thing. If it made sense character wise, and if I was playing a Sarah Connor that’s close to my actual age and not trying to look thirty years younger. If it’s reasonable and it makes sense for the character, then yes. Yes I would. However, the greatest piece of that puzzle was James Cameron. He made it work. He’s the genius. I wouldn’t be interesting in doing something that didn’t have the same value on every level. It would be hard to create something that I would be interested in unless it’s James Cameron. I love the franchise, but I don’t want to beat it into the ground or be compared to myself thirty years before and fail miserably. I don’t want to do that to the franchise.

http://www.assignmentx.com/2011....-part-2

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 6 | Saturday, 28 May 2011 - 16:53
Linda Hamilton's answer is the typical answer actors says in that case (of a reboot or a continuation) and you could have read the same words in Lynda Carter's mouth recently; Hollywood Execs make blockbusters for kids (the same who buy merchandising , video games and hamburgers with a logo on the package), not for old nostalgic people. The best she can hope in a new Terminator movie is a cameo.
On the same register, see why i don't think Summer Glau would play in a new Terminator movie here.

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 28 May 2011, 16:54

chrisdvanne_ Post # 7 | Sunday, 05 Jun 2011 - 15:37
New rumors says Terminator 5 movie could be made despite Arnold domestic problems : http://www.whatsplaying.com.au/2011....ar-trek

Director Justin Lin could do the movie after all but Arnold's involvment could be reduced to a cameo eventually. Producer and current property holder Megan Ellison is still pushing to get the film made with or without the former Governor of California’s involvement.

Paul Walker, who’s worked with Justin Lin on the Fast & Furious franchise could take a leading role on the movie, why not Kyle Reese; whereas another actor from Fast&Furious, namely Vin Diesel, could play a Terminator.

All this remains to be confirmed of course and things could change on the process. To be continued.

TheSavior Post # 8 | Monday, 06 Jun 2011 - 21:55
After all the investment, they will go on, no dubt. The SyFy have recently aired TSCC just to cancel it again. I'm still not sure if they had do that to see if still someone watch the show, or to just make angry the fans...maybe they have done it on purpose, to angry us and make us prone to watch anything is from the Terminator Franchise.
This still is bas for TSCC.
But dont we give up alredy. Something is moving and come from across the Ocean! ^^

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

chrisdvanne_ Post # 9 | Monday, 06 Jun 2011 - 22:06
What i reported in post #7 is just rumors and we don't learn anything new.
But previous Terminator Rigths holder Pacificor was just a financial fond and couldn't itself make a movie or a tv show; on the opposite, i suppose Megan Ellison bought the Rights to make a movie and why not a continuation of TSCC. Future will tell.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Cannes: Megan Ellison Wins 'Terminator' Rights Auction
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: