[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Women of Sci-Fi Spotlight: Summer Glau
Women of Sci-Fi Spotlight: Summer Glau
chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 09 May 2011, 15:32 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
A blogger took the time to write a nice article about Summer Glau and the movies or series she played i; this is a non exhaustive list and summary and i doubt you will learn a lot about Summer if you're a hard-core fan but i thought the Summer Glau Wiki could help him and highlight his site.

Here is the conclusion of the article :

In short, while Summer Glau is a considerable and dependable talent, she has had the extraordinary bad luck to be cast in two dead-in-the-water series and one that lasted a season and a half. Fans of these defunct shows want to see more of her, and who can blame us? No matter what project Summer takes on next, we certainly hope that it will run longer. Her athleticism, beauty, and powerful acting talents would be a fine addition to any number of sci-fi or action projects in the works.

Read the full article at thingsnerdslike

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 09 May 2011, 15:40

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 09 May 2011, 15:59 | Message # 2
Every site or blog has to have a list of its prefered women on sci-fi and thingsnerdslike.com is no exception (we don't have a list on the Summer Glau Wiki because the top 10 would have one and only name) :

The Ten Foxiest Women of Sci-Fi, according to thingsnerdslike :

Katee Sackhoff as Kara “Starbuck” Thrace on Battlestar Galactica.
Summer Glau as River Tam in Firefly and Serenity.

River is a child prodigy who attended The Academy and is trained in a balletic form of Kung-fu/Kickboxing hybrid fighting style that allows her to defeat 20 or more assailants in combat, only to emerge victorious and unscathed. Summer is classically-trained ballerina and is also active in charity events to support the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Los Angeles, when she isn’t acting on The Cage or lending her voice to video games.

Nichelle Nichols as Lieutenant Uhura on Star Trek, the original series
Carrie-Anne Moss as Trinity in The Matrix trilogy.
Zoe Saldana as Neytiri in Avatar, and Uhura in the 2009 StarTrek film
Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor in Terminator and Terminator 2.
Milla Jovovich as Leeloo in The Fifth Element
Natalie Portman as Padme Amidala in Star Wars, episodes one through three.
Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine on Star Trek: Voyager
Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham on Fringe

Nothing original except maybe Anna Torv on Fringe.

DevoDate: Monday, 09 May 2011, 22:34 | Message # 3
Group: Friends
Michelle Forbes
Mary McDonnell
Linda Hamilton
Milla Jovovich
Sigourney Weaver
Erin Gray
Jeri Ryan
Gillian Anderson
Alison Lohman for Gamer and because she's awesome.

In no particular order, and of course Summer being the most awesome by a country mile.

My top 10 favorites would look something like that.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 10 May 2011, 02:08 | Message # 4
Kate Beckinsale
Gilian Anderson

Aside from Summer Glau, who i adore, these are the woman i like; i cannot think of other women. I watched BSG but did not feel attracted to any of the women on the show.

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 10 May 2011, 02:09

robboDate: Friday, 09 Jun 2017, 03:14 | Message # 5
Group: Friends
10 Wonderful Women Of Sci-Fi

Kaywinnet Lee 'Kaylee' Frye - Firefly (2002) And Serenity (2005)

There is more than one female character that stands out in Joss Whedon's short-lived series Firefly. Of Malcolm Reynold's crew on board the Serenity, Zoe Washburn (Gina Torres), Inara (Morena Baccarin), and River Tam (Summer Glau) are all forceful and well-rounded characters. But it's Kaylee's blend of scrappy DIY capability, shame-free lusty appetite and girlish naivety that make her particularly great. 

When Reynolds first meets her, she's having her way with one of his crewmen. But she quickly proves herself to be a highly talented mechanic, and goes from floozy to crewmember in the blink of an eye. 

Via: Bfi

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Women of Sci-Fi Spotlight: Summer Glau
Page 1 of 11
Search: