menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau has switched agencies.
Summer Glau has switched agencies.
chrisdvanne_ Post # 16 | Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011 - 19:21
Group: Administrators
Quote (Devo)
Is this the same news that we discovered months ago, or did she switch again? huh

Old news!

P.S. Does this mean we need to double check to be sure we have the correct fanmail address?

I double checked at IMDBPro and nothing has changed, we have the correct informations. I will check the next few days if there is an update but it is not likely.

Company :
United Talent Agency (UTA)

Agent :
Stephanie Comer

Type :
Talent Agent

Address :
9560 Wilshire Blvd
Ste 500
Beverly Hills, CA 90212-2401
USA

manager's name and address :

Company :
The Schiff Company

Agent :
Mimi DiTrani

Type :
Manager

Address :
8440 Warner Drive
Suite B1
Culver City, CA 90232
USA

Source : IMDb Pro

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011, 20:08

chrisdvanne_ Post # 17 | Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011 - 19:25
This is the news we announced two months ago on the forum , including her manager's name : http://summer-glau.com/forum/20-152-1

Why Deadline communicates about this now is the question : one can imagine that UTA wants to send a message and decided to give Deadline the info.

But is the message that Summer is here and available for a gig or are they preparing the annouce of a new gig, i don't know.
Future will tell.

The answer is maybe on the message itself : Summer's agency wanted to promote the coming of Knights of Badassdom.

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011, 20:06

chrisdvanne_ Post # 18 | Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011 - 20:26
Other clients from UTA you may know : Morena Baccarin, Garret Dilahunt, Eliza Dushku, Nathan Fillion, Josh Friedman.

More important, Nathan Fillion and Summer Glau share the same Talent agent at UTA, Stephanie Comer.

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 16 Jun 2011, 08:28

Devo Post # 19 | Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011 - 21:46
Group: Friends
She is in good company.

Quote (michelangelo)
This is the news we announced two months ago on the forum , including her manager's name : http://summer-glau.com/forum/20-152-1 Why Deadline communicates about this now is the question : one can imagine that UTA wants to send a message and decided to give Deadline the info. But is the message that Summer is here and available for a gig or are they preparing the annouce of a new gig, i don't know. Future will tell. The answer is maybe on the message itself : Summer's agency wanted to promote the coming of Knights of Badassdom.

It would make sense to promote yourself as an agency just prior to a new project being announced. Especially since Summer switched recently.

There are a lot of indications that there will be some awesome news for the front page soon.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 20 | Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011 - 21:56
Quote (Devo)
Also, I think this is the first time I have heard about KoB being at SDCC. I hope they have a trailer for us.

Did you know that the composer for KoB is...Bear McCreary, according to IMDB Pro?

He is in almost every projects Summer works on.

Devo Post # 21 | Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011 - 22:29
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (Devo)Also, I think this is the first time I have heard about KoB being at SDCC. I hope they have a trailer for us. Did you know that the composer for KoB is...Bear McCreary, according to IMDB Pro?

Yep, from TSCC, BSG, and a bunch of other stuff.

I really like his battle drum type themes from both shows and think something like that would work well in KoB with the larping battles and stuff. That may be part of the reason he was chosen.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 22 | Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011 - 22:46
This annouce for something that we true fans know for two months is not a bad thing after all : twitter is trending with people who seem to discover that Summer and Peter Dinklage, who has a big success with Games of Thrones, play together in KoB.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 23 | Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011 - 23:13
Knights of Badassdom.com tweeted using the tagline "Summer Is Coming" a few minutes ago :

@badassdom_movie Knights of Badassdom
www.knightsofbadassdom.com #SummerIsComing #LostInTheMists #ThouHastBeenRecruited

As i said previously, they're surfing the wave.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 24 | Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011 - 23:20
Quote (Devo)

There are a lot of indications that there will be some awesome news for the front page soon.

@oldmanwall Island of Misfit Toys
producer/co-writer of BADASSDOM
Hey everyone, guess what? Someone just got cast in a superhero movie! #BreakingNews

Could it be that...

Devo Post # 25 | Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011 - 23:38
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (Devo) There are a lot of indications that there will be some awesome news for the front page soon. @oldmanwall Island of Misfit Toys producer/co-writer of BADASSDOM Hey everyone, guess what? Someone just got cast in a superhero movie! #BreakingNews Could it be that...

SUMMER GLAU RULES!!!!!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 26 | Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011 - 23:40
Russell Crowe Is New Jor-El In 'Man Of Steel'

Again, not this time!

Russell Crowe will play Jor-El in Man Of Steel, taking the cameo role of Superman's father that was played by Marlon Brando in the Richard Donner-directed 1978 Superman. Kevin Costner plays Pa Kent, the earthbound patriarch of Clark Kent. Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Michael Shannon are also starring.

Source : http://www.deadline.com/2011....f-steel

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011, 23:41

chrisdvanne_ Post # 27 | Thursday, 16 Jun 2011 - 10:45
According to IMDb, Summer Glau signed with a public relations firm. IMDb is not an offcial source, because it's a user-modified source, that is why i won't give names, but it has proven right concerning the switch of agency that we annouced two months ago on the Summer Glau Wiki.
UTA Signs Summer Glau

The hiring of a publicist combined with her change of talent agency confirms that Summer is at a turning point of her carrer.

Warning : following is not facts, just an attempt to explain what's going on.
Chances are that she was not satisfied with her former talent agency (WME) performance to get her jobs; we're talking indie movies like "Legend of Hell's Gate" or "Knights of Badassdom" and tv show "The Cape". Those indie films keep an actor at work but generally don't help building a carrer.
More, when series cancellation started a few months ago, we reported here on a daily basis that most actors of these shows found new gigs (sometimes before the annoucement of the cancellation) but not Summer, hence our surprise and disappointment. Obviously, something went wrong with her talent agency.
The fact that Summer has kept the same manager (who is supposed to guide the artist on her carrer), as confirmed by Deadline, tends to confirm that the problem was with WME.

Back to today's news. As said Devo yesterday, "There are a lot of indications that there will be some awesome news for the front page soon."

Indeed, you don't hire a publicist if you don't have something to promote! Maybe it's KoB upcoming release (remmeber that FHM's editor said the photoshoot was postponed to coincide with the film release), maybe it's something bigger.
Personally, i think we (and others) are making a mistake when we consider LOGH and KoB as HER films; though she is the most buzzworthy actor, along with "Game of Thrones" Peter Dinklage, on KoB ,Summer has a minor role on LOHG. Maybe it's just me eagerly wanting to hear that Summer is hired on the next Hollywood blockbuster.

I wouldn't stay away from the Wiki too long if i was you.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 28 | Thursday, 16 Jun 2011 - 11:09
Or maybe dedicated fans like me have a tendancy to amplify things; it could be Summer wants to promote a Charity she's doing, which would be great.

Fermi Post # 29 | Thursday, 16 Jun 2011 - 12:18
Quote (michelangelo)
UTA Signs Summer Glau

It was three thread with the same topic, this has been merged into one thread now.

You can't stop the signal!

Devo Post # 30 | Thursday, 16 Jun 2011 - 19:37
Quote (michelangelo)
Or maybe dedicated fans like me have a tendancy to amplify things; it could be Summer wants to promote a Charity she's doing, which would be great.

What are all the duties of a publicist?

Is this the first time she has had one?

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » Summer Glau has switched agencies.
Search: