menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Website » Make a Suggestion
Make a Suggestion
chrisdvanne_ Post # 721 | Thursday, 10 Jan 2013 - 22:13
Group: Administrators
Is it posssible to force the video player used internally, NOT to display the share screen when the video is paused or at the end of the video?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Fermi Post # 722 | Thursday, 10 Jan 2013 - 22:48
(chrisdvanne)
Is it posssible to force the video player used internally, NOT to display the share screen when the video is paused or at the end of the video?

Yes it is.

You can't stop the signal!

Fermi Post # 723 | Tuesday, 15 Jan 2013 - 21:41
Ucoz have implemented a new visual comment editor. I believe that this one is better and more user-friendly than the old bbcode editor.
Edit: there might be some bugs

I added a "view more" button on main page widgets. It will let you view the last 10 entries instead of just the last 5. (clear your cache if it does not work)

chrisdvanne_ Post # 724 | Tuesday, 15 Jan 2013 - 22:08
Quote (Fermi)
Ucoz have implemented a new visual comment editor. I believe that this is better and more user-friendly than the old bbcode editor.

I added a "view more" button on main page widgets. It will let you view the last 10 entries instead of just the last 5. (clear your cache if it does not work)

I think you should communicate about these changes, not only in the forum but in the news or the blog. Because it touches the design of the main page.

I should be able to see if the new comment editor is more user-friendly and other members are also invited to give their opinion.

Charley_Dixon Post # 725 | Tuesday, 15 Jan 2013 - 22:50
Quote (Fermi)

Yes, for example when I turn BB mode on I still see controls for visual editor. Also uCoz had a nice list of all BB codes that seems to be gone too. Is that me or you also have this problem?

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 726 | Wednesday, 16 Jan 2013 - 11:42
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
Yes, for example when I turn BB mode on I still see controls for visual editor. Also uCoz had a nice list of all BB codes that seems to be gone too. Is that me or you also have this problem?

Same for me.

I notice the smileys are in the menu bar now. And there's also a button to add videos.

The1Russter Post # 727 | Wednesday, 16 Jan 2013 - 11:42
Group: Writer
I like the new box for creating posts with all its editing features, but the text is very faint against the background, and if you should create a link, it disappears entirely.
A feature I'd like to see that I've grown accustom to using with the untaint script on the wetpaint wikis is the ability to switch between WYSIWYG and SOURCE views in the editor.
It comes in handy for viewing and editing html code when posting links or html encoded objects for embedding.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Wednesday, 16 Jan 2013, 18:52

Charley_Dixon Post # 728 | Wednesday, 16 Jan 2013 - 23:57
Quote (The1Russter)
A feature I'd like to see that I've grown accustom to using with the untaint script on the wetpaint wikis is the ability to switch between WYSIWYG and SOURCE views in the editor.

That's what a [ bb ] button in the upper right for smile You may use both bbcodes and HTML markups. Just make sure the "Enable HTML tags" checkbox under the text area is checked. But you can't preview your HTML code in the textarea. There is a "View" button (at the bottom, to the left from the "Save" one) for that.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Charley_Dixon Post # 729 | Thursday, 17 Jan 2013 - 00:12
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
when I turn BB mode on I still see controls for visual editor

Actually I was wrong on that: while the appearance of controls does not change in [ bb ] mode they just insert bbcodes. Still I miss the full list of codes sad

Quote (chrisdvanne)
And there's also a button to add videos.

Most likely the "[ video ]" bbcode was available in forum before this site was created. I do not remember if there was a button for it in the old interface because I only used that bbcode like once or twice for testing and never used it after that: I prefer using raw HTML to embed videos.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 730 | Wednesday, 30 Jan 2013 - 23:02
Images load images is very slow when clicking on HQ thumbnails; it's the case in this blogpost for example: Laid To Rest premiere - Gallery update.
The MQ images are displayed quickly but then it's painful when clicking the HQ thumbnails.

Is there a way to improve that?

Charley_Dixon Post # 731 | Wednesday, 30 Jan 2013 - 23:24
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Images load images is very slow when clicking on HQ thumbnails; it's the case in this blogpost for example: Laid To Rest premiere - Gallery update.
The MQ images are displayed quickly but then it's painful when clicking the HQ thumbnails.

Is there a way to improve that?

I do not see a good way to improve it. The gallery has 3 types of images:

1) Original ones that can be any size.
2) Preview images that fit into 400x400 box.
3) Thumbnails that fit into 128x128 box.

When you click on a thumbnail the original image is loaded even if it may be downscaled to fit into your screen. It could be possible to load preview instead but 400x400 pictures look too small. Otherwise another image should be generated (the fourth type, say 1024x1024) during upload and stored in the gallery but that will require hacking the gallery software and reprocessing all images we already have (~40K).

So neither solution looks attractive to me.

Fermi Post # 732 | Monday, 04 Feb 2013 - 18:22
I removed the "upcoming event" menu from the wiki pages widget and put that information in a separate widget instead.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 733 | Monday, 04 Feb 2013 - 18:54
Quote (Fermi)
I removed the "upcoming event" menu from the wiki pages widget and put that information in a separate widget instead.

This is great!

Now can you insert a link to the corresponding News?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 734 | Monday, 11 Feb 2013 - 15:18
This is how a re-tweet or Facebook link looks:

Hollywood Farmers Market Fundraiser - Summer Glau fan blog - Blog - Summer Glau Wiki
http://summer-glau.com/blog....-11-713 via @Summerglauwiki

As you can see, "Summer Glau fan blog" is repeated, which looks horrible. More, i would also remove the word "fan" and simply leave "Summer Glau Blog"

Fermi Post # 735 | Monday, 11 Feb 2013 - 18:44
Quote (chrisdvanne)
As you can see, "Summer Glau fan blog" is repeated, which looks horrible. More, i would also remove the word "fan" and simply leave "Summer Glau Blog"

Fixed

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Website » Make a Suggestion
Search: