menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Website » Important! Vote about wiki layout changes.
Important! Vote about wiki layout changes.
What kind of color scheme should we use on the wiki?
Charley_DixonDate: Thursday, 17 May 2012, 00:27 | Message # 31
Group: Administrators
iSearch supports both layouts now but you may only switch them on this site: I do not think the switcher should be available on every page smile

Next I'm going to work on the idea recently suggested by chrisdvanne.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 17 May 2012, 00:41 | Message # 32
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
Next I'm going to work on the idea recently suggested by chrisdvanne.

Please don't use the FHM photo, it would not be appropriate; photos from that photoshoot might be better :
http://photos.summer-glau.com/thumbnails.php?album=77

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

FermiDate: Thursday, 17 May 2012, 16:54 | Message # 33
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
iSearch supports both layouts now but you may only switch them on this site

There is a bug with it on this site. When using the switch in google chrome my selection was not saved after refreshing the browser.

Edit it might just be my browser settings.

Quote (Charley_Dixon)
I do not think the switcher should be available on every page

not necessary iSearch but it is good that it is accesible on most pages

You can't stop the signal!

REGDate: Friday, 18 May 2012, 04:37 | Message # 34
Group: Friends
can the switcher be put in profile settings? it resets to the light layout every time you click on a link and doesn't stay on the dark layout once you have selected it.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

BlaziusDate: Monday, 21 May 2012, 18:15 | Message # 35
The white background is superb, especially now that you made all necessary adjustments. I like it far better than the black one but the absolute greatest thing is that you can choose with a simple switch anytime you want.

One little thing is that in the upper left corner your profile and log-in/out links are blue and the banner is also blue. Could you adjust it a bit to make the links more visible?

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

REGDate: Sunday, 27 May 2012, 10:36 | Message # 36
it would be nice if you could put the switcher at the top where it has General, Control, Users and Multimedia. as it is you cannot switch between light and dark without having to scroll up to the top of the page.

FermiDate: Sunday, 27 May 2012, 11:59 | Message # 37
Quote (REG)
it would be nice if you could put the switcher at the top where it has General, Control, Users and Multimedia. as it is you cannot switch between light and dark without having to scroll up to the top of the page.

It is not possible making changes to the userbar

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 01 Jun 2012, 11:10 | Message # 38
I supported the light layout, thinking that it would please a majority of lurkers and new visitors (and i still think it will) but the results are a bit confusing.

A majority of the comments in this thread are in favor of the bright layout whereas the dark layout option has the most votes in the poll; not that it matters that much since Fermi smartly offered the possibility to switch layouts on the fly.

I think that the changes are old enough to have feedback; personnally, i have nothing important to complain about when using the bright layout.

Maybe the links in the forum and in the news/blog are lacking contrast.
Also we could add little touches of colors, like the Reply, "Quote" and Report button in the forum.

REGDate: Saturday, 02 Jun 2012, 13:49 | Message # 39
Quote (Fermi)
It is not possible making changes to the userbar

what about under it?

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 13 Nov 2014, 13:06 | Message # 40
As everyone noticed, the design of the site has changed and we don't need the switcher between the old bright and dark layouts anymore.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Website » Important! Vote about wiki layout changes.
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: