menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Website » Important! Vote about wiki layout changes.
Important! Vote about wiki layout changes.
What kind of color scheme should we use on the wiki?
chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 00:40 | Message # 16
Group: Administrators
I think it's a great idea to have the layout switcher.

Tbh i think i will need time some time to get used to that bright layout, even if i advocate the change myself; i suggest people give their impression in the following days in order to improve the design if necessary.

Also we need to make a news to annouce the change of layout (and the layout switcher buttons) because not all casual visitors read in detail all forum threads.

EDIT : i used to color in orange the words or sentences i wanted to highlight, particularly in the quote block; but the orange color doesn't offer a good contrast now that the quote block is grey; that's not a criticism of the new layout, just a remark.

No contrast either for the login and username; one cannot see if he has a PM /

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Saturday, 12 May 2012, 01:46

Fox012Date: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 12:03 | Message # 17
Ok who Switched the light on here come out and receive your punishment biggrin

where is the dark layout? cry

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

FermiDate: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 12:28 | Message # 18
Quote (Fox012)
where is the dark layout?

No problem we have a switch on the left widget.

Attachments: 3352445.png(2.4 Kb)

You can't stop the signal!

FermiDate: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 12:37 | Message # 19
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
Awesome! I love the new bright layout!!!

Here are some color codes changes for the iSearch page
background
Code

#06080b-->#e4e7ed
#0a1119-->#dad8d6
#111A24-->#a0acbc
#1F2D3F-->#CBCED6
#2D343A-->#CBCED6

color
Code
#FFFFFF-->#032764
#7c7c7c-->#000000
#E4FAFD-->#032764

and the menu and banner too. The problem with the banner is that I do not want visible borders so I'm using a very wide banner so that only visitors with really high resolution monitors will see a border, which might not be an optimal solution.

Fox012Date: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 13:16 | Message # 20
Quote (Fermi)
Quote (Fox012)

well now it's dark but i can't see the text anymore clearing cache did not help at all sad

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

TraKenDate: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 13:41 | Message # 21
Group: Friends
Nice work! It's nice to have a bright layout. Maybe it's just me, but light text on a dark layouts tend to hurt my eyes after a while.

FermiDate: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 14:19 | Message # 22
Quote (Fox012)
Quote (Fermi)
Quote (Fox012)

well now it's dark but i can't see the text anymore clearing cache did not help at all sad

You are right, there is a bug with the switcher and I'm working on fixing it.

ThierryDate: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 15:06 | Message # 23
Group: Friends
Quote (Fermi)
Nice work! It's nice to have a bright layout. Maybe it's just me, but light text on a dark layouts tend to hurt my eyes after a while.

It is perfect to have the choice between the dark and the bright layouts ! Thanks for the work ! smile

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 16:03 | Message # 24
Quote (Fermi)
Here are some color codes changes for the iSearch page

I see no changes. iSearch is a cool feature, it could use a colored background instead of a black one.

When you come back to the gallery without clearing your cache, the albums you viewed previously are highlited in light brown color, which offers a low contrast with the grey background (see screencap).

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

FermiDate: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 17:41 | Message # 25
Quote (chrisdvanne)

I see no changes. iSearch is a cool feature, it could use a colored background instead of a black one.

Only Charley_dixon can make the changes, I suggest that he use the same bright colors that is now used in the default layout for the gallery, but maybe super-pink will work fine too.

The1RussterDate: Sunday, 13 May 2012, 19:48 | Message # 26
Group: Writer
I like the bright theme layout. Like a Caribbean beach with bright beige/white sands and tropical blue waters.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Charley_DixonDate: Monday, 14 May 2012, 01:04 | Message # 27
Quote (chrisdvanne)

Sorry, I was out this weekend. I'll try to change iSearch layout in a few days.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Charley_DixonDate: Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 01:42 | Message # 28
Quote (Fermi)
The problem with the banner is that I do not want visible borders so I'm using a very wide banner so that only visitors with really high resolution monitors will see a border, which might not be an optimal solution.

I did not get the borders part. Why couldn't you make a gradient on the left and right sides of the banner like in the black layout? That would solve 3 problems:
1) extremely hi-res monitors;
2) contrast for login/username (mentioned by chrisdvanne in the first post on this page);
3) iSearch (I use different header and I would already switched iSearch to bright layout if I had a reasonable-width banner).

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

FermiDate: Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 16:44 | Message # 29
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
Quote (Fermi)
The problem with the banner is that I do not want visible borders so I'm using a very wide banner so that only visitors with really high resolution monitors will see a border, which might not be an optimal solution.

I did not get the borders part. Why couldn't you make a gradient on the left and right sides of the banner like in the black layout? That would solve 3 problems:
1) extremely hi-res monitors;
2) contrast for login/username (mentioned by chrisdvanne in the first post on this page);
3) iSearch (I use different header and I would already switched iSearch to bright layout if I had a reasonable-width banner).

OK I adjusted the banner

Charley_DixonDate: Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 00:21 | Message # 30
Quote (Fermi)
OK I adjusted the banner

Awesome! Thanks. I changed iSearch layout, but currently it is not possible to switch back to the dark layout. I'll try to implement that tomorrow.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Website » Important! Vote about wiki layout changes.
Search: