[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 2 of 3«123»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Website » Important! Vote about wiki layout changes.
Important! Vote about wiki layout changes.
What kind of color scheme should we use on the wiki?
chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 00:40 | Message # 16
Group: Administrators
I think it's a great idea to have the layout switcher.

Tbh i think i will need time some time to get used to that bright layout, even if i advocate the change myself; i suggest people give their impression in the following days in order to improve the design if necessary.

Also we need to make a news to annouce the change of layout (and the layout switcher buttons) because not all casual visitors read in detail all forum threads.

EDIT : i used to color in orange the words or sentences i wanted to highlight, particularly in the quote block; but the orange color doesn't offer a good contrast now that the quote block is grey; that's not a criticism of the new layout, just a remark.

No contrast either for the login and username; one cannot see if he has a PM /

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Saturday, 12 May 2012, 01:46

Fox012Date: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 12:03 | Message # 17
Ok who Switched the light on here come out and receive your punishment biggrin

where is the dark layout? cry

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

FermiDate: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 12:28 | Message # 18
Quote (Fox012)
where is the dark layout?

No problem we have a switch on the left widget.

Attachments: 3352445.png(2Kb)

You can't stop the signal!

FermiDate: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 12:37 | Message # 19
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
Awesome! I love the new bright layout!!!

Here are some color codes changes for the iSearch page
background
Code

#06080b-->#e4e7ed
#0a1119-->#dad8d6
#111A24-->#a0acbc
#1F2D3F-->#CBCED6
#2D343A-->#CBCED6

color
Code
#FFFFFF-->#032764
#7c7c7c-->#000000
#E4FAFD-->#032764

and the menu and banner too. The problem with the banner is that I do not want visible borders so I'm using a very wide banner so that only visitors with really high resolution monitors will see a border, which might not be an optimal solution.

Fox012Date: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 13:16 | Message # 20
Quote (Fermi)
Quote (Fox012)

well now it's dark but i can't see the text anymore clearing cache did not help at all sad

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

TraKenDate: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 13:41 | Message # 21
Group: Friends
Nice work! It's nice to have a bright layout. Maybe it's just me, but light text on a dark layouts tend to hurt my eyes after a while.

FermiDate: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 14:19 | Message # 22
Quote (Fox012)
Quote (Fermi)
Quote (Fox012)

well now it's dark but i can't see the text anymore clearing cache did not help at all sad

You are right, there is a bug with the switcher and I'm working on fixing it.

ThierryDate: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 15:06 | Message # 23
Group: Friends
Quote (Fermi)
Nice work! It's nice to have a bright layout. Maybe it's just me, but light text on a dark layouts tend to hurt my eyes after a while.

It is perfect to have the choice between the dark and the bright layouts ! Thanks for the work ! smile

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 16:03 | Message # 24
Quote (Fermi)
Here are some color codes changes for the iSearch page

I see no changes. iSearch is a cool feature, it could use a colored background instead of a black one.

When you come back to the gallery without clearing your cache, the albums you viewed previously are highlited in light brown color, which offers a low contrast with the grey background (see screencap).

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

FermiDate: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 17:41 | Message # 25
Quote (chrisdvanne)

I see no changes. iSearch is a cool feature, it could use a colored background instead of a black one.

Only Charley_dixon can make the changes, I suggest that he use the same bright colors that is now used in the default layout for the gallery, but maybe super-pink will work fine too.

The1RussterDate: Sunday, 13 May 2012, 19:48 | Message # 26
Group: Writer
I like the bright theme layout. Like a Caribbean beach with bright beige/white sands and tropical blue waters.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Charley_DixonDate: Monday, 14 May 2012, 01:04 | Message # 27
Quote (chrisdvanne)

Sorry, I was out this weekend. I'll try to change iSearch layout in a few days.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Charley_DixonDate: Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 01:42 | Message # 28
Quote (Fermi)
The problem with the banner is that I do not want visible borders so I'm using a very wide banner so that only visitors with really high resolution monitors will see a border, which might not be an optimal solution.

I did not get the borders part. Why couldn't you make a gradient on the left and right sides of the banner like in the black layout? That would solve 3 problems:
1) extremely hi-res monitors;
2) contrast for login/username (mentioned by chrisdvanne in the first post on this page);
3) iSearch (I use different header and I would already switched iSearch to bright layout if I had a reasonable-width banner).

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

FermiDate: Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 16:44 | Message # 29
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
Quote (Fermi)
The problem with the banner is that I do not want visible borders so I'm using a very wide banner so that only visitors with really high resolution monitors will see a border, which might not be an optimal solution.

I did not get the borders part. Why couldn't you make a gradient on the left and right sides of the banner like in the black layout? That would solve 3 problems:
1) extremely hi-res monitors;
2) contrast for login/username (mentioned by chrisdvanne in the first post on this page);
3) iSearch (I use different header and I would already switched iSearch to bright layout if I had a reasonable-width banner).

OK I adjusted the banner

Charley_DixonDate: Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 00:21 | Message # 30
Quote (Fermi)
OK I adjusted the banner

Awesome! Thanks. I changed iSearch layout, but currently it is not possible to switch back to the dark layout. I'll try to implement that tomorrow.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Website » Important! Vote about wiki layout changes.
Page 2 of 3«123»
Search: