person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Website » SGwiki
SGwiki
Fermi Post # 1 | Saturday, 23 Oct 2010 - 21:23
Group: Administrators
This looks very good and will probably become the new home for wiki of awesomeness. I really like the improved forum features.

In this thread we can discuss what need be done to make the transfer as easy as possible.

I'm happy with the design (almost) biggrin and moved all the pages that I wanna keep, the links between all the pages go to the old wiki angry and that is something I'll adjust. I think we will just have recent news on the home page, and I'll work on the site info page.

More sections to the forum will also be added. the design on the photo gallery need to be changed, most important is that it will have links back to the different sections of this site

You can't stop the signal!

Fermi Post # 2 | Monday, 25 Oct 2010 - 02:49
I added the forum sections any more forum needed or should some be removed?

Charley_Dixon Post # 3 | Monday, 25 Oct 2010 - 03:54
Quote (Fermi)
I added the forum sections any more forum needed or should some be removed?

I would better merge forum sections related to some specific movie or TV show into one section "Filmography".

Quote (Fermi)
I really like the improved forum features.

Strange feature: if you want to quote you need to select text. I have "Auto Context menu" add-on (it's very useful on Mac) and every time I select something it pops up a menu. So it's a little annoying. I think it can be fixed but it will require some javascript hacking.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Charley_Dixon Post # 4 | Monday, 25 Oct 2010 - 03:59
Just to note: we need to put all images we use for design into some folder on this server. Otherwise he have multiple points of failure: any server may go down. It's not the top priority task but we need to do that as soon as possible.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Charley_Dixon Post # 5 | Monday, 25 Oct 2010 - 04:04
Quote (Fermi)
I think we will just have recent news on the home page

Well, I do not know. I like the old setup: a static page with the most important information. I would rather have news in top menu, and maybe some block with a few latest news on the home page.

Charley_Dixon Post # 6 | Monday, 25 Oct 2010 - 04:08
Quote (Fermi)
I'm happy with the design (almost) biggrin

I do not know if it's just me or my monitor (or both) but the dark blue lines we use for header background have too much contrast with the page background. Maybe we can use less disturbing color?

Charley_Dixon Post # 7 | Monday, 25 Oct 2010 - 04:15
Another thing that may be a top priority: we should probably create a user registration guide and post a link to it in the FAQ section and probably on the home page too.

Fermi Post # 8 | Monday, 25 Oct 2010 - 05:54
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
Well, I do not know. I like the old setup: a static page with the most important information. I would rather have news in top menu, and maybe some block with a few latest news on the home page.

I wanna news on the home page but can have a welcome message with links to info site, and the acknowledgments to members from old page.

Quote (Charley_Dixon)
I do not know if it's just me or my monitor (or both) but the dark blue lines we use for header background have too much contrast with the page background. Maybe we can use less disturbing color?

I dont wanna the color to dark but i can try adjusting it

Quote (Charley_Dixon)
Just to note: we need to put all images we use for design into some folder on this server. Otherwise he have multiple points of failure: any server may go down. It's not the top priority task but we need to do that as soon as possible.

btw all pictures on pages here are on wetpaint servers.

Fermi Post # 9 | Tuesday, 26 Oct 2010 - 00:37
Is this color disturbing?

Edit uploaded several colors this is hard biggrin

Charley_Dixon Post # 10 | Tuesday, 26 Oct 2010 - 03:51
Quote (Fermi)
Is this color disturbing?

Edit uploaded several colors this is hard biggrin

Awesome. This color is much more eye-friendly and also it matches banner at the top very well.

Fermi Post # 11 | Tuesday, 26 Oct 2010 - 15:19
to do list

1.fix the design of photo gallery

2. fix all broken links on pages

3. write site info, faq and a welcome message on the homepage

Fermi Post # 12 | Wednesday, 27 Oct 2010 - 02:27
1. maybe that is enough
2. boooring

I'll prolly change the domain soon

Charley_Dixon Post # 13 | Wednesday, 27 Oct 2010 - 07:34
Quote (Fermi)
2. boooring

It's not necessary to do it now. Maybe I'll try to see if this can be automatically somehow.

Fermi Post # 14 | Thursday, 28 Oct 2010 - 02:59
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
It's not necessary to do it now. Maybe I'll try to see if this can be automatically somehow.

Never mind I removed most of links they where not necessary, this menus are much easier to navigate than wetpaints

Charley_Dixon Post # 15 | Thursday, 28 Oct 2010 - 05:44
I think we need to remove most of font-size properties from CSS. In a few places when we need smaller font we can use
Code
font-size:smaller;
and if we need larger, then
Code
font-size:larger;
instead of specifying precise values.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Website » SGwiki
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: