menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » Summer's Attack of the Show interview edited
Summer's Attack of the Show interview edited
Chief Post # 16 | Saturday, 29 Jan 2011 - 01:34
Group: Users
I saw those comments by him, and I didn't care for them. I don't like how he and his brother are running the show. It seems like those do are doing the majority of the work. I understand this is his creation, and he should certainly be involved in the creative process, but this is his first major project, and as far as I know, his brother hasn't written anything. I really don't like the idea of two rookies running the show. Especially since everyone seems to agree that the major issue is the writing. I don't think that's a coincidence.

"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

Message edited by Chief - Saturday, 29 Jan 2011, 01:34

Chief Post # 17 | Saturday, 29 Jan 2011 - 01:53
I posted this on the Orwell boards, and I thought I'd share it here, too.

I was thinking about this earlier...

From 101 to 103 we focused on Vince. We learned that he was a family man, we saw him turn into the superhero, and we saw him learn about the cape.

From 104 to 105 (at least) we started to see Fleming more. We saw the different personalities he has, telling Marty has doesn't have a sense of humour, but then when The Cape needs his help to save the day, he's suddenly having fun. And in Dice we'll continue to explore his mind and his past.

From 107 to 108, according to Tom and Summer, we're going to learn more about Orwell.

They're developing the characters one at a time. Does that seem odd and sort of ...amateurish to anyone else? And what makes it worse is while they're developing the one character, they've no idea what to do with the others. Flemming was completely useless and one-dimensional for the first two and a half episodes, and Orwell has been useless for the first four, and she'll likely remain useless until her arc starts in 107.

I gotta be honest, I don't really care for this style of writing. Like I said, it seems very amateurish.

This ties-in to what I said above about two rookies running the show. And unfortunately for us, Orwell is the last character to be developed.

Message edited by Chief - Saturday, 29 Jan 2011, 01:54

Chief Post # 18 | Saturday, 29 Jan 2011 - 03:52
So I kind of went off on the Orwell boards. lol

Here's the link to my second coment: http://boards.nbc.com/orwelli....p__2965

You can scroll through the rest of the discussion. I discuss Orwell's character in a lot more depth. Feel free to quote sections and respond here. I just didn't feel like copy and pasting all of my comments. Like I said, I kind of went off. lol

chrisdvanne_ Post # 19 | Saturday, 29 Jan 2011 - 10:22
Group: Administrators
According to the writing schedule mentioned on the Collider interview, Wheeler could in theory take in consideration yours and many online comments; i hope he does, for the good of the show.

But i'm not sure showrunners are inclined to change their plans, or listen to angry fans, only network execs can influence the writing. Showrunners like Josh Friedman or Tom Wheeler have worked on their baby for months or years and they have a pretty good idea where they want the show to go. Wheeler said once "i like to plan things wayyyy before".
I'll take Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles as an example because all The Cape fans are former TSCC fans. Friedman knew from the start he wanted to distroy the relationships between the "Connor family" members in season 2, leading to no Jameron, "crazy Sarah" arc story and very few Cameron at all.
I stongly disagree when fans says that Friedman had no idea what a TSCC season 3 would be; you don't travel to another time period and completely change the location and characters (no Cameron but Allison, no Sarah Connor, no general John Connor) without something in mind.
Do you remember Friedman saying regularly on interviews he will give us answers about the many questions the show raised? And what did he do, he kept piling other interrogations without giving any answers. He even dared to write a last serie episode ending on a big cliffhanger, despising the fans expectations.
Many points raised here are valid for "The Event".

Don't get me wrong, i'm not bashing Friedman. My point is that showrunners are imprisoned in their own vision of the show; the problem is that what is obvious and logical for them is not necessary seen that way by the audience.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 29 Jan 2011, 12:15

KrelleK Post # 20 | Saturday, 29 Jan 2011 - 13:19
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
@Krellek : it's more than just having a problem to find the right tone ; i used the word "criticize" because my vocabulary is limited.

sorry, if I made it sound like I thought you where critisizing her role, then I wrote the following:

and not critisize the way her role is being treated, I meant for that to sound like she was not critisizing her role. smile

john121984 Post # 21 | Saturday, 29 Jan 2011 - 15:29
Group: Friends
Orwell needs to get more screen time, Summer being in this show was the main reason or the only reason I was looking forward to the show. I know its the same way for alot of people. Summer's fans are a huge number of the viewers of this show. Hopefully things will change in the upcoming episodes and Orwell will be more involved in the storyline and Summer will get more screen time. Her character has so much potential in the show if the writers would use it.

Message edited by john121984 - Saturday, 29 Jan 2011, 15:30

y3k Post # 22 | Wednesday, 27 Mar 2013 - 18:43
hi been trying to find working link for a 720p download of this video here

http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthre....he_Show

then i strumbled across this post made on here

http://summer-glau.com/forum/18-93-1

i was wondering if you be so kind to reupload this video in orignal
format to zippyshare.com for me, maybe you still have a copy saved, maybe someone on here can help me out.

thanks

y3k Post # 23 | Wednesday, 27 Mar 2013 - 18:50
Link fix cannot seem to edit last post:

http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthre....he_Show

Charley_Dixon Post # 24 | Wednesday, 27 Mar 2013 - 21:34
Group: Administrators
Quote (y3k)
hi been trying to find working link for a 720p download of this video here

Hi,

no need to post the same question in many threads. You may find the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2kXUx-tiGI . If you need to download the video just search for 'youtube' in add-ons for your favorite browser.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » Summer's Attack of the Show interview edited
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: