menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » episode 1.04 "Scales on a train discussions(spoiler)
episode 1.04 "Scales on a train discussions(spoiler)
Give us your opinion on Scales on a train
Fermi Post # 1 | Wednesday, 26 Jan 2011 - 01:23
Group: Administrators
discuss the episode and vote in the poll

Spoiler tags are not needed.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 31 | Wednesday, 26 Jan 2011 - 01:28
@meanoldmoe and Chief : Thanks for posting your comment.

One positive and one negative : good balance!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 32 | Wednesday, 26 Jan 2011 - 01:28
@Fermi : could you add the poll about this episode on top of the thread?

Remember 1.03 "Kozmo" ? Peter Fleming said at the begining : "I'm her father. I would know if i was looking at images of my own daughter"
Well, he did see her and talk to her, in 1.04 "Scales", on the train but did'nt recognize her; of course she's wearing a mask but i was expecting him say "Haven't we met before ?".

OVW Post # 33 | Wednesday, 26 Jan 2011 - 01:28
Group: Friends
@Michelangelo

He DID try to follow her but was entangled in the whole 'Scales' and 'a proper villain' story. I THINK that he did recognize her, but was uncertain. I think that THAT was your 'haven't we met before?' scene.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 34 | Wednesday, 26 Jan 2011 - 01:28
@OVW : you want the truth?
I have not yet seen the episode, only parts of it when writing comments and posting news for the readers of this wiki.
But i have watched briefly the scene to be able to answer you; there was no hint he recognize her. If the writers wanted us to make us believe he did, they would have give us something more obvious. Do you remember the way they implied Orwell was Fleming's daughter? There was no room for a doubt.

Chief Post # 35 | Wednesday, 26 Jan 2011 - 01:28
Group: Users
I'm with OVW, he did try to follow her, and let's remember that Orwell's been on her own since she was 12, so he hasn't seen her in a very long time.

"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

Message edited by Chief - Tuesday, 25 Jan 2011, 18:02

Granite Post # 36 | Wednesday, 26 Jan 2011 - 01:29
Thank you Marvin for creating the right mood to watching 1.04 biggrin

If you do not watch very closely - 1.04 I liked. There are several frankly grotesque moments, but despite the work of producer (and possibly writer), this series was a success. I liked the dialogues - perhaps only because of them worth a look ... Vinnie Jones tried to - it is noticeable, it came out medium, but I liked it. I hope he will still play properly. An interesting point - the split between Faraday and circus.

We would like to say about the role Matchless in 1.4 ... It feels like the screenwriter, wrote the role of Orwell, to use the potential Summer by five percent, probably (((. (Although five percent of this magnitude - it's very much smile )

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

Message edited by Granite - Tuesday, 25 Jan 2011, 18:15

KrelleK Post # 37 | Wednesday, 26 Jan 2011 - 01:29
It was kinda of a nice scene there at the end with Orwell/Julia? asked Vince if it was possible for a parent to lose the love of her or his child? that was kinda sweet

KrelleK Post # 38 | Wednesday, 26 Jan 2011 - 01:29
Quote (michelangelo)
@Fermi : could you add the poll about this episode on top of the thread?
Remember 1.03 "Kozmo" ? Peter Fleming said at the begining : "I'm her father. I would know if i was looking at images of my own daughter"
Well, he did see her and talk to her, in 1.04 "Scales", on the train but did'nt recognize her; of course she's wearing a mask but i was expecting him say "Haven't we met before ?".

yeah that could go an go real bad if he recognised his daugther at that point, but what about the Peter/Cape-scene under the train, the cape was of his face, he still had the mask on, but would Peter not Recognize him, I mean they have spoken with each other a few times. and such

mr_mogwai Post # 39 | Wednesday, 26 Jan 2011 - 01:29
“Don’t make me show you crazy!”

Loved that line. Rollo’s badassed. I thought it was odd for the Secretary of Prisons (Portman) to dress as the Cape, given the attempt on his life. I liked Vince’s remark, “I never had a fan before.”

Scales was funny in a scary, “WTF are you lookin’ at,” sort of way. He reminded me of big intellectually challenged bad guys from other movies.

The scene with Trip and Travis talking through the locked door was kind of cute. “You’re not going to let me in, are you?”

The heated exchange between Fleming and Orwell was interesting. Too bad half the people watching this show don’t know what fascism is, or can appreciate the dangers of a police state, private or otherwise.

Scales’ people skills need serious work. He outed Chess and everyone just laughed at him. Too funny. Guess I’d have robbed the train too if my pride and credibility were hurt.

The Cape’s packing heat? Makes sense, I suppose. “You give me something to do, or I’m going rogue!” I’m sorry, but for that line Vince should’ve smacked Portman in the head with the gun, not given it to him. Then he should’ve gone after the writers for putting that line in the dialogue. And WTF’s up with the aluminum foil?

“I’m the Secretary of Prisons, and I’m authorized to blah, blah, blah..!” I lol’d at that scene. I didn’t know Richard Schiff was so funny. Ha.

I can’t believe Vince tried to grab Scales with his cape while atop a moving train. I lol’d here too. The music score is…cheesy. Oh, so cheesy.

…Macaroni cheesy.

I don’t know much about trains, but will decoupling the last car really turn a train into a runaway locomotive? Seems like a really bad design if that’s the case.

I kind of felt sorry for Scales being abused and caged as a kid, but they could’ve made him angrier or claustrophobic instead of just banging his head on the bars like an imbecile. I guess he had to bust out somehow.

There’s lots of speculation about a Cape/Orwell ship. I’ve got reservations, but ultimately I don’t really care either way. It looks like Orwell’s interested in more than just Vince’s cape, if you know what I mean.

Ok, I'm done. Somebody wanna' come move this soapbox?!

Chief Post # 40 | Wednesday, 26 Jan 2011 - 01:29
Group: Users
Quote (mr_mogwai)
I don’t know much about trains, but will decoupling the last car really turn a train into a runaway locomotive? Seems like a really bad design if that’s the case.

I kind of felt sorry for Scales being abused and caged as a kid, but they could’ve made him angrier or claustrophobic instead of just banging his head on the bars like an imbecile. I guess he had to bust out somehow.

I believe they mentioned someone doing something in the engine room which made it a runaway train. I can't remember the specifics.

I liked Scales in that scene. Scales saying, "No one puts me in a cage," and Max replying, "I believe him." That was awesome. And the banging was brutal. Good scene.

"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

mr_mogwai Post # 41 | Wednesday, 26 Jan 2011 - 01:29
Quote (Chief)
I believe they mentioned someone doing something in the engine room which made it a runaway train. I can't remember the specifics.
I liked Scales in that scene. Scales saying, "No one puts me in a cage," and Max replying, "I believe him." That was awesome. And the banging was brutal. Good scene.

I must've missed the train explanation.

The cage break didn't work for me although I did sympathize with Scales for having been mistreated.

Ok, I'm done. Somebody wanna' come move this soapbox?!

KrelleK Post # 42 | Wednesday, 26 Jan 2011 - 14:46
Quote (mr_mogwai)
Quote (Chief)
I liked Scales in that scene. Scales saying, "No one puts me in a cage," and Max replying, "I believe him." That was awesome. And the banging was brutal. Good scene. I must've missed the train explanation.
The cage break didn't work for me although I did sympathize with Scales for having been mistreated.

yeah I did sit and think what the heck is he doing banging his head on the bars, I thought he might have lost it there, it seemed quite funny through, and yeah i to felt a bit sad for him of his childhood.

also the scene with Trip and that what was his name, about society being the one to prove Vince guilty of not guilty, the almost happy look on the man then he was thinking he was about to be let in, and then got the door in the nose again

chrisdvanne_ Post # 43 | Friday, 28 Jan 2011 - 00:32
Quote (Orwell)
The secretary of prisons wants to be your Tonto

I'm not sure the audience outside the U.S. knows what a tonto is.
Here is what wikipedia says : "Tonto is a fictional character, the Native American companion of The Lone Ranger, a popular American Western character created by George W. Trendle and Fran Striker. Tonto has appeared in radio and television series and other presentations of the characters' adventures righting wrongs in 19th century western America.
The character was portrayed on television (arguably the most well-remembered version today) by Jay Silverheels. This was by far the highest-rated television program on the ABC network in the early 1950s and its first true "hit"."

Imo Orwell wants to be Vinces's Tonto, maybe even more.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » episode 1.04 "Scales on a train discussions(spoiler)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: