menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » 1.03-Kozmo discussion thread (spoiler)
1.03-Kozmo discussion thread (spoiler)
Give us your opinion on Kozmo
Fermi Post # 1 | Tuesday, 18 Jan 2011 - 04:19
Group: Administrators
Discuss the episode and vote in the poll
Screen caps can be found in the gallery

no need to use spoiler tags.

You can't stop the signal!

mr_mogwai Post # 31 | Friday, 21 Jan 2011 - 03:54
Group: Friends
I watched Kozmo again, and saw some things I missed the first time. For starters, I now realize Orwell likely torched her hideout to cover her tracks after ARK forces traced her “signal,” which forced her to take refuge at Vince’s place. It wasn’t apparent the first time I watched because we never actually saw the fire. We only knew about it from Orwell’s conversation with Vince, and later, Marty and Chess’ conversation. It’s too bad they didn’t show the fire. It would’ve been much more interesting and dramatic to see Orwell torching her hideout then narrowly escaping as ARK closed in. Anyway, this could’ve been clearer.

Rollo’s becoming one of my favorite characters. Not sure why. Guess I liked that whole flirting thing he did, and the ride through the carnival with Orwell on the back of his trike.

Raia (Izabella Miko) hasn’t said much. Guess she’s just eye candy. That’s cool. Um, more please.

Speaking of eye candy, seeing Summer Glau on that bike made me want to jump on my own bike and head to LA, or…Palm City or wherever. I didn’t care for the swooning damsel-in-distress bit with her and Gregor. It was kind of weak. Both of them should’ve put up more of a fight. After all, he did threaten her life, albeit in a semi-seductive way. She’s still got that Cameron-Terminator walk too. Must be the heels, not that I mind. I like watching her walk.

Max Malini’s cape history lesson was interesting, if not consistent with what was said in the pilot episode. The implied relationship between Orwell and Chess was good too. I bumped this episode from 3 to 3.25 stars. Okay, okay. 3.50 stars for the leotards and silk.

Ok, I'm done. Somebody wanna' come move this soapbox?!

KrelleK Post # 32 | Friday, 21 Jan 2011 - 12:27
Quote (michelangelo)
Don't think so; not enough drama. Peter Fleming must learn that by himself.

you are right, that is something he needs to do himself, and damn I will love to see that happen whenever it´s going to happen, thats gonna be a slap to his face. biggrin

how about Vince, wonder how he is going to do when he finds out the familly bond between Orwell and chess.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 33 | Friday, 21 Jan 2011 - 16:25
Quote (KrelleK)
how about Vince, wonder how he is going to do when he finds out the familly bond between Orwell and chess.

It's going to happen as in every good movie :
1) First disbelief and anger
Vince at Orwell : "Why didn't you tell me, i thought we were friends. I'm done with you"
2) After a period of time when they don't see each other, a tense situation force them to work together as a team
3) Then reconciliation
Vince : "I'm sorry for what i told you earlier...I love you Julia!"
Orwell : "I love you too"

Let the bashing begin!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 34 | Sunday, 23 Jan 2011 - 16:39
When Gregor (Kozmo) escaped from the russian prison, one of the Russians prison guard declared, “He'd have to dislocate every bone in his body to go down that!”
Or he coul be Eugene Tooms from The X-Files.

Side note: “Squeeze” was the third episode of The X-Files. This was the third episode of The Cape. Coincidence? Yes. Very much a coincidence.

Update :
Thomas Wheeler said during the TCA press tour : "There’s almost an X-Files feeling to one episode we just finished. It’s just really scary and intense."
As an X-Files fan myself ( i watched it live, back in the 90's), i can't wait to see this forthcoming episode.

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 23 Jan 2011, 16:50

chrisdvanne_ Post # 35 | Wednesday, 26 Jan 2011 - 10:33
Quote (Max Malini)
Either you wear the cape or the cape wears you.

You could have changed that line into : "Either you wear the mask or the mask wears you".
Indeed, this idea of an artefact connected to your soul and bringing out your inner trait can be found in The Mask (1994) starring Jim Carrey.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 36 | Thursday, 27 Jan 2011 - 16:29
Quote (KrelleK)
Orwell/Julia(who knows)

I know!
Or let's say i highly doubt Orwell's real name is Julia; firtsly because Gregor hinted the audience to think that way when he read her palms lines and mostly because the name "Julia" was not chosen by random.
In Orwell's (the writer, not Summer's character) book titled "1984", the main character fell in love (which is strictly forbidden in the facist state they live in) with a young woman named...Julia.
That's why i think Julia is just another fictional name, also taken from "1984"'s universe.

mr_mogwai Post # 37 | Thursday, 27 Jan 2011 - 18:46
Quote (michelangelo)
In Orwell's (the writer, not Summer's character) book titled "1984", the main character fell in love (which is strictly forbidden in the facist state they live in) with a young woman named...Julia.
That's why i think Julia is just another fictional name, also taken from "1984"'s universe.

It's great you remembered that. I haven't read 1984 since...I dunno, 1984, maybe?

Ok, I'm done. Somebody wanna' come move this soapbox?!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 38 | Friday, 28 Jan 2011 - 00:08
Quote (mr_mogwai)
It's great you remembered that.

I've been watching television shows and movies for more than 35 years and i have developped an interest in the cinematographic industry for years; i'm having a lot of fun finding references to other shows or movies. I have a lot more to come wink

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » 1.03-Kozmo discussion thread (spoiler)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: