menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » Composing "The Cape"
Composing "The Cape"
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Friday, 14 Jan 2011 - 17:10
Group: Administrators
A look inside the musical world of The Cape with series composer Bear McCreary.

Bear McCreary says : "One of the things that makes the score of The Cape so exceptional is that we have a full orchestra at our disposal every week."

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2 | Monday, 17 Oct 2011 - 15:11
Bear McCreary, who composed for Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles, The Cape or Knights of Badassdom, twitted about his new website!

@bearmccreary Bear McCreary
My new official site just launched! Blog + Forum + Tons of Audio/Video. More stuff coming soon. Enjoy and RT! bearmccreary.com

http://www.bearmccreary.com/

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Thursday, 09 Feb 2012 - 17:31

Our friend Charlie Jane Anders at io9 talked with composer Bear Mc Creary (BSG, TSCC, The Cape, The Walking Deads) about some of the most famous science fiction theme tunes, including Star Wars and The Cape for an article titled : Bear McCreary reveals the physics behind your favorite science fiction theme tunes

...And all of these theme tunes have something in common: they rely on the same basic intervals.
We talked to music experts — including legendary composer Bear McCreary — to find out why so many famous theme tunes use the "perfect fifth" for their hook.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 09 Feb 2012, 17:32

chrisdvanne_ Post # 4 | Thursday, 03 Jan 2013 - 20:57
New interview with Bear McCreary at StarPulse :

"Bear McCreary: Television's Best Composer Talks the Music of the Small Screen"

Bear McCreary: Television's Best Composer Talks the Music of the Small Screen

Thierry Post # 5 | Thursday, 03 Jan 2013 - 22:24
Group: Friends
(chrisdvanne)
Our friend Charlie Jane Anders at io9 talked with composer Bear Mc Creary (BSG, TSCC, The Cape, The Walking Deads) about some of the most famous science fiction theme tunes, including Star Wars and The Cape for an article titled : Bear McCreary reveals the physics behind your favorite science fiction theme tunes

Interesting.... That's true that there are meaningful musical intervals, and this exists for centuries ! Not only for music scores, but also in classical music and other musical styles.

One of the best books, easy to read and really interesting is Alex Ross' The Rest Is Noise, who writes an great history of 20th century music and its sense. The book speaks a little about this topic, even if it is more focused on classical music than music soundtracks.

So if you want to go further into Bear McCreary's influences...

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

Message edited by Thierry - Thursday, 03 Jan 2013, 22:46

Thierry Post # 6 | Thursday, 03 Jan 2013 - 22:41
(chrisdvanne)
Bear McCreary says : "One of the things that makes the score of The Cape so exceptional is that we have a full orchestra at our disposal every week."

I would like to know how Bear McCreary uses electronic music techniques before recording with a full orchestra.... Every music score composer does in that way, using for example sound samples before working with a real orchestra. When they do in that way, now it is so expensive to hire an entire orchestra that the music score is composed only with electronic instruments. And sometimes it is really difficult to see the difference between real orchestra sounds and sampled orchestra sounds.

While I was composing a music track, I just found the exact orchestra sound sample that Bear used in The Walking Dead score, but don't worry : Bear didn't use only samples, he did create and compose an amazing score wink

More infos for those who are interested by the technical aspects of orchestra sound sampling can contact me in PM.

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

Message edited by Thierry - Thursday, 03 Jan 2013, 22:47

chrisdvanne_ Post # 7 | Monday, 03 Jun 2013 - 21:12
The opening credits for the NBC TV series The Cape.
The music is composed by Bear McCreary.

TerminatorEmily Post # 8 | Monday, 03 Jun 2013 - 21:19
When I first watched the cape having not knowing Summer Glau was in it I started to... Freak out. Then I started to dance.

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

chrisdvanne Post # 9 | Saturday, 29 Dec 2018 - 09:43
This intro of The Cape, music composed by Bear McCreary, feels so similar to the 90's The Flash series intro

A few years later, McCreary used a similar "music style" for the ending credits of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » Composing "The Cape"
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: