menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape - Martial arts origins
The Cape - Martial arts origins
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Wednesday, 12 Jan 2011 - 23:02
Group: Administrators
During the pilot, Max Malini refers to several martial arts and said that mysterious sentence :

"British Bartitsu ... Kodokan Judo ... the warrior dancers of the T'ang Dynasty used their robes as weapons".

The writers did a good research because these technics exists and a site is devoted to them :

Founder of the British Bartitsu, Edward William Barton-Wright (born 1860) said :

I have always been interested in the arts of self-defence and I learned various methods including boxing, wrestling, fencing, savate and the use of the stiletto under recognised masters, and by engaging toughs I trained myself until I was satisfied in practical application.

Does this picture reminds you of something?

Find more about these fighting technics here : Website of the Bartitsu Society

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 12 Jan 2011, 23:04

Charley_Dixon Post # 2 | Thursday, 13 Jan 2011 - 05:30
Yes, it is believed that bartitsu was mentioned in one of the stories about Sherlock Holmes (it was misspelled). This is how I new about it.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Granite Post # 3 | Thursday, 13 Jan 2011 - 12:28
Group: Friends
Yes, all very seriously - )))

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 4 | Thursday, 13 Jan 2011 - 15:26
I think the writers and the public learned about Bartitsu when the Guy Ritchie’s SHERLOCK HOLMES film (2009) starring Robert Downey Jr was released.

More about Bartitsu in this movie : Guy Ritchie’s ‘Sherlock Holmes’ knows bartitsu

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape - Martial arts origins
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: