menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » Poll Would you like a Orwell/Vince romance ?
Poll Would you like a Orwell/Vince romance ?
Would you like a Orwell/Vince romance ?
termi-ninja-tor Post # 16 | Saturday, 15 Jan 2011 - 21:49
Group: Friends
Could be a one-sided situation. Here's an excerpt from a recent interview:

TeenTelevision: If Orwell grows to love David’s character Faraday, isn’t she sunk because he’s so attached to his wife and son?

Summer: It’s a part of my character that I so really enjoy. I feel like this is one of those relationships that really reflects real life, you know what I mean? It’s never so easy. It’s not, you meet a guy and he’s available and you fall in love and you work together and it’s magical. It’s really more complicated than that. Orwell’s been on her own and never lets anybody in and here’s this man that represents everything she’s been fighting to protect and it’s hard for her and that’s how I’m playing it and that’s fun as an actress because it’s a great challenge.

KrelleK Post # 17 | Monday, 17 Jan 2011 - 09:12
I am not sure how to vote, I am kinda sliding back and forth between yes and no, I mean I want him to get back to his familly, the mother seemed to want to rebuild the faraday name again, but I would also like Orwell to end up in good relationship at some point, so perhaps if there goes quite a while, and Dana also finds a new husband then perhaps vince and Orwell could end up together.

but would not mind a few akward moments due to some "slipping" lips at some point just for fun

KevinInEngland Post # 18 | Monday, 17 Jan 2011 - 20:55
I have looked at the voting and everything but I still have no idea what it means.
If I make a posting here, perhaps somebody can give me a clue.

I believe a woman will befriend Dana and be friendly and helpful to Trip and make him a cape just like the Vince wears.
Eventually she will form a relationship with Dana and they become very close.
Tongues begin to wag when they are seen out together (too often), so Dana tries to break up the relationship but ends up getting a passionate kiss before pushing this mysterious woman away.
Trip does not want her to go and complains bitterly, which makes the situation much worse.
It turns out the woman is a friend of Orwell (whose name we do not know), who eventually finds out that she is Orwell and finds out that she is blogging about her.

MichaelAngelo, I have tried to improve my grammar and syntax. Perhaps my post is clearer now but I do not know how this posting can be voted or which posting I vote for and how I do it.

Message edited by KevinInScotland - Monday, 17 Jan 2011, 22:53

chrisdvanne_ Post # 19 | Monday, 17 Jan 2011 - 21:01
Group: Administrators
Quote (KevinInScotland)
If I make a posting here, perhaps somebody can give me a clue.

I have written the voting options. Now it's my turn not to understand what you're saying. But there is only The Channel between us and not an ocean (say hi to France) so we should understand each other smile

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 18 Jan 2011, 00:14

KrelleK Post # 20 | Tuesday, 18 Jan 2011 - 02:57
Quote (KevinInScotland)
I believe a woman will befriend Dana and be friendly and helpful to Trip

it seems like there might be a man that might be a new man in Dana´s life now after her husband is supposed to be death. so maybe there was just added a little more weight toward a vince and Orwell/Julia?-ship. biggrin

Message edited by KrelleK - Tuesday, 18 Jan 2011, 02:58

chrisdvanne_ Post # 21 | Tuesday, 18 Jan 2011 - 03:15
You want the truth? I'm not really taken by the idea of a romance between Orwell (i have not seen Kozmo yet) and Vince.
When i created this poll a few days ago, i had the feeling it would scratch some people.
Then the recent online articles helped promoting the idea tongue

mr_mogwai Post # 22 | Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011 - 00:47
Given the characters' established roles so far, it seems a romantic relationship between Vince and Orwell would go against Vince's basic motivation, i.e., being reunited with his family. I realize that in today's world marriage is no longer the sacred institution it once was. Not to sound puritanical, but having Vince and Orwell hook up would undermine the show's premise. How can Vince be viewed as heroic if he can't be faithful? Can he cheat on his wife and still chase bad guys? Sure, but the premise of the story is his strong desire to clear his name and reunite with his family. It would be hypocritical for Vince express his desire to see his wife in one scene then turn around and hook up with Orwell in another scene. What kind of message does that send to viewers, especially considering that this is a values-centered family-oriented show?

Ok, I'm done. Somebody wanna' come move this soapbox?!

Message edited by mr_mogwai - Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011, 01:05

Chief Post # 23 | Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011 - 22:48
Group: Users
I'm with Mogwai. Remember in 102 when Vince told Max that his family is his strength, not his weakness? Then at the end of 103 when The Cape visits Trip, and they go over The Cape's motto: One Man, One Fight, One/Won Right? If they suddenly have him fall in love with Orwell, then his whole character falls apart, and Tom might as well end the series.

I mentioned on the Orwell boards that I could see Orwell developing an attachment to Vince, because she's been on her own so long, and now she suddenly has this strong individual in her life who's fighting for the same things she is. But I don't want a romance.

I also don't want a romance between Rollo and Orwell. I enjoyed the banter between the two of them ("I don't squeeze" was hilarious), but to me, a relationship between these two would seem more like a joke than anything else.

"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

Message edited by Chief - Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011, 22:50

KrelleK Post # 24 | Thursday, 20 Jan 2011 - 00:05
Quote (Chief)
I mentioned on the Orwell boards

which sites are these Orwell boards on?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 25 | Thursday, 20 Jan 2011 - 00:06
I have read an old interview from Thomas Wheeler (October 9, 2010).
He said : "that's a big 'no' on a Cape/Orwell romance. I mean geez, the guy's got a wife he loves that he's desperately trying to get back to."

The anti-shipper wins.

Chief Post # 26 | Thursday, 20 Jan 2011 - 00:34
Group: Users
Krellek, here's the link: http://www.orwelliswatching.com/

michelangelo, I remember that interview, and I hope Tom sticks to that.

"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

chrisdvanne_ Post # 27 | Thursday, 20 Jan 2011 - 01:02
Quote (Chief)
I hope Tom sticks to that

I'm pretty sure he will.
Still there was some hype recently about this Orwell/Vince romance (i'm glad this wiki participated) and there is a possibility that Thomas take this in consideration when writing the next scenes between Orwell and Vince.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 28 | Thursday, 20 Jan 2011 - 23:42
Found on the net; some will never learn!

Fermi Post # 29 | Friday, 28 Jan 2011 - 12:33
And here is the first shipper video

You can't stop the signal!

KrelleK Post # 30 | Friday, 28 Jan 2011 - 14:18
Quote (Chief)
Krellek, here's the link: http://www.orwelliswatching.com/
michelangelo, I remember that interview, and I hope Tom sticks to that.

Thanks for the info biggrin

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » Poll Would you like a Orwell/Vince romance ?
Search: