menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape - Ratings and Audience
The Cape - Ratings and Audience
chrisdvanne_ Post # 91 | Wednesday, 09 Feb 2011 - 01:52
Group: Administrators
Quote (meanoldmoe)
The Cape.... I am sure the ratings have bottomed out...

I'm afraid they have not. Hope i'm wrong though.

Quote (meanoldmoe)
at least it is not as bad as Gossip Girl.

Wrong! Gossip Girl is on CW : the expectations in terms of audience and ratings are much lower than for the 4 other networks. More, this channel is mostly interested in the young female audience (aka women 18-34 adult demographic). The ratings on this board is 18-49 adult demo, meaning older and including men. In the targeted women 18-34 demo, Gossip girl got a 1.8, up 6% from last week. Gossip Girl is in fact likely to be renewed.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 92 | Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011 - 18:16
Full table Broadcast ratings for Monday, 14.

Source : Tvbythenumbers

chrisdvanne_ Post # 93 | Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011 - 18:28
The one tenth of a point drop (from 1.3 to 1.2) compared to last week, is meaninless because The Cape is well underneath the Renewal/Cancellation limit.
What is more worrying is the 0.5 millions viewers loss compared to last week. A drop in viewers is to be expected for the next two weeks.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 94 | Tuesday, 22 Feb 2011 - 23:19
Here is the full ratings table for Monday, 21 :

The Cape pulled a 1.2 in 18-49 demo and 4.13 millions viewers which is similar to last week numbers. We have the ratings for the first hal-hour only (9:00pm to 9:30pm) but we will post the numbers for the second half-hour as sson as we get them.

Source : Tvbythenumber

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 22 Feb 2011, 23:24

chrisdvanne_ Post # 95 | Wednesday, 23 Feb 2011 - 00:22
As i said for a few weeks, ratings are meaningless; what i'm worry about is NBC's schedule.
Next week there is a new Chuck and then just one new hour of The Cape (episode 1.09 Razer), followed by a new Harry’s Law. Episode 10 of The Cape is nowhere to be seen on NBC’s schedule.

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 23 Feb 2011, 15:27

meanoldmoe Post # 96 | Wednesday, 23 Feb 2011 - 01:47
Group: Friends
So NBC is going to show Ep 9??
And here I thought all was done after ep 8 !!

What they could do is just show the last two eps together in one night and get it done without having people wonder if they will ever see ep 10.

Hmmm.... Yeah...Thinking makes my brain hurt ;)

chrisdvanne_ Post # 97 | Wednesday, 23 Feb 2011 - 15:39
Quote (meanoldmoe)
So NBC is going to show Ep 9?? And here I thought all was done after ep 8 !! What they could do is just show the last two eps together in one night and get it done without having people wonder if they will ever see ep 10.

I suppose you're not the only one that doesn't know the return of The Event has been pushed back one week, meanoldmoe; The Event, originally scheduled to resume Feb. 28, will now return on Monday, March 7.
That means we will have episode 9 of The Cape next Monday but we don't have information about a airing date of episode 10, already produced and filmed.

I hope it won't hurt the ratings next Monday for the ultimate airing episode.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 98 | Wednesday, 02 Mar 2011 - 08:29
The Cape (in its final episode on air) was adjusted up a tenth to a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating.

- 4.097 million viewers
- 2.5/4 HH
- 1.2/3 A18-49

Source : tvbythenumber

KrelleK Post # 99 | Wednesday, 02 Mar 2011 - 12:01
Quote (michelangelo)
The Cape (in its final episode on air) was adjusted up a tenth to a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating.
- 4.097 million viewers
- 2.5/4 HH
- 1.2/3 A18-49

is it starting to rise now?

KrelleK Post # 100 | Wednesday, 02 Mar 2011 - 12:03
Quote (michelangelo)
- 4.097 million viewers
- 2.5/4 HH
- 1.2/3 A18-49

meanoldmoe Post # 101 | Wednesday, 02 Mar 2011 - 14:06
I'm thinking the latest numbers would have been the norm for The Cape.
Seems it kept hovering around the 4 mill mark, and so would have probably remained in that
area.
Will we see the tenth ep? highly doubtful...esp when NBC pulled the plug on filming the last 3 ordered eps.

Hmmm.... Yeah...Thinking makes my brain hurt ;)

Devo Post # 102 | Wednesday, 02 Mar 2011 - 14:15
Quote (meanoldmoe)
I'm thinking the latest numbers would have been the norm for The Cape. Seems it kept hovering around the 4 mill mark, and so would have probably remained in that area. Will we see the tenth ep? highly doubtful...esp when NBC pulled the plug on filming the last 3 ordered eps.

110 will be posted online at nbc.com, not much of a consolation after complete and utter fail by the writing team.

I hope Tom Wheeler never works again after pulling a bait-and-switch with Summer. Orwell is pretty much the exact opposite of what he told all of us she would be. It makes me very angry with the Wheeler bros.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 103 | Wednesday, 02 Mar 2011 - 16:39
Quote (KrelleK)

Just like in an political election, the preliminary numbers take in account only 80% of the Nielsen families and statistics bias are adjusted, hence the difference between preliminary and final numbers. The variation can be down or up or no variation at all, but it's generally one thenth of a point, that doesn't change anything.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 104 | Wednesday, 02 Mar 2011 - 16:42
Quote (meanoldmoe)
I'm thinking the latest numbers would have been the norm for The Cape. Seems it kept hovering around the 4 mill mark, and so would have probably remained in that area. Will we see the tenth ep? highly doubtful...esp when NBC pulled the plug on filming the last 3 ordered eps.

The show has bottomed in ratings department, indeed.

Haven't you seen the news on this wiki : Flash: The creators of The Cape are prepping an exclusive episode just for online fans! It's probably episode 10 or an edited version of it. More news as they come.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 105 | Wednesday, 09 Mar 2011 - 17:09
The Cape is gone and "The Event" is back in its original timeslot; i thought it would be interesting to see what are the ratings for the return of The Event.

Source : http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/

The ratings for The Event are awful; 1.4 rating in 18_49 adult demographic is down 26% from the 1.9 November rating. This rating is well below the renewall bar and doesn't bode well for the future of the show. It is very likely the ratings will continue to fall in the forthcoming weeks.

Fringe for example did very good for two weeks when it returned on Friday night, then dropped hard. But that was not the case here since The Event fall from the start, hence my pessimism for the newt weeks, especially for a serialized show.

Here is what Robert Seidman, "ratings expert" at tvbythenumbers said a few days before The Event returned :

I think it’s a fairly safe bet that The Event will return to better numbers than The Cape had been pulling at 9pm (last week, a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating), and that should be good news for Harry’s Law which also benefits Monday night because Hawaii Five-0 and Castle are repeats.

As far as ratings predictions, my guess is that over the two hours, The Event will average a 2.0 adults 18-49 rating.

Well, The Event ratings are better than The Cape ratings but not that much and if the trend goes on, The Event could very well fall under 1.0 in 18-49 demo. As for the 2.0 Seidman predicted, he was completely wrong. He conducted a poll asking his readers "How Will 'The Event' Rate In Its Return? " and the most voted option was <1.7 26.27%. Looks like his readers are smarter than him.

More, these ratings were obtained while CBS competitors "How I Met Your Mother" and "Two and a Half Men" were repeats.

Notice that The Cape pulled three 1.2 ratings in a row and 4 millions viewers, meaning it had bottomed; i'll keep an eye on The Event ratings to see if it can break The Cape numbers.

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 09 Mar 2011, 17:10

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape - Ratings and Audience
Search: