menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape - Ratings and Audience
The Cape - Ratings and Audience
chrisdvanne_ Post # 31 | Thursday, 20 Jan 2011 - 04:29
Group: Administrators
Accordind to Summer's interview during TCA press tour, they were filming episodes 7 and 8.
I agree with you meanoldmoe.

Right now the only thing we can hope is a rating improvment; i'm convinced we can help.
How? By commenting on articles to prove the journalist The Cape has built a fan base and to convince people that the show is worth it.

This wiki provides a lot of link to articles about Summer Glau and The Cape.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 20 Jan 2011, 04:52

Chief Post # 32 | Thursday, 20 Jan 2011 - 05:06
Group: Users
Quote (meanoldmoe)
NBC ordered and most likely paid for the eps.
Chances are all 13 will be made, but if ratings drop, we might not see all 13.

I certainly hope you're right. smile

"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

meanoldmoe Post # 33 | Thursday, 20 Jan 2011 - 13:10
Group: Friends
Not to bash the blue TSCC wiki, but in The Cape thread there...well.... it seems there is a few that
take pleasure in putting the show down.
It's unfortunate since on that thread , I have said the same thing as here...give the show a chance to grow and develop.
If they don't like it, say their peace and then just go.

Another way to help out with the show...talk to friends and family about it, get interest up in watching it !!
Times like this, I wish I still was one of those that had a Nielson box. (sucks when you move out of a target area)

Hmmm.... Yeah...Thinking makes my brain hurt ;)

chrisdvanne_ Post # 34 | Thursday, 20 Jan 2011 - 14:34
Quote (meanoldmoe)
Not to bash the blue TSCC wiki, but in The Cape thread there...well.... it seems there is a few that
take pleasure in putting the show down.

I have noticed that too; used to be a member back in the days, just a lurker now.
I think you can be a fan of Summer Glau and still criticize her work or choices as an actress; it doesn't justify the bashing. There is enough unfounded bashing on the net from bitter Heroes, The Event and Chuck fans, we don't have to add to it.

I can speak only for myself but Summer has proven in the past that she is a great person and actres and she will always feel suported on this wiki.
Anyone thinking otherwise shall fear the wrath of the Chief angry

Chief Post # 35 | Saturday, 22 Jan 2011 - 22:45
I was just thinking about something. After the ratings dropped last week, we all started worrying about NBC pulling the plug. But they just released a press release for 106. Would they have done that if they didn't plan to show us the episode? Maybe I'm being naive, I don't know, but I'm thinking (or hoping, I guess) they're going to give the show a chance to grow.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 36 | Sunday, 23 Jan 2011 - 01:28
Quote (Chief)
Would they have done that if they didn't plan to show us the episode?

Yes! Naive you are indeed, my friend.
If the ratings continue to drop they will have no remorse and pull the plug on it. But it won't be necessary because you have to remember that only 8 episodes will air anyway, then The Event comes back in its former timeslot. More, they have no program to replace The Cape at the moment.
The more likely scenario is that NBC will air all 8 episodes : if the ratings are close to 1.5 in 18-49 demo then it will be over; if the ratings are close to 2.0, then there is a chance they will air the five remainging episodes (13 episodes ordered but only 8 scheduled) on a date to be determined.

Chief Post # 37 | Sunday, 23 Jan 2011 - 02:04
Quote (michelangelo)
The more likely scenario is that NBC will air all 8 episodes

Well, this is what I'm hoping for. We know 104 is going to air, and they've released press releases for 105 and 106, so I'm hoping NBC will air the first 8 episodes, as scheduled, and give the show a chance to grow rather than pull the plug next week if the ratings for 104 are worse than they were for 103.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 38 | Sunday, 23 Jan 2011 - 02:20
This is just me guessing.
There was a lot of changes in the schedule on NBC for the last months, the biggest one being the hiatus for The Event.
But things can change very fast; the day after Nielsen released the ratings for Monday, January 17, NBC released the following message :

Quote (NBC)
Good news for Harry's Law fans, NBC must have liked the ratings enough to change plans of moving Parenthood to Monday 10 PM in March after Harry's Law airs 6 of its 13 ordered episodes, instead there are no plans for anything to replace Harry's Law at the moment.
Harry's Law will now air at least 13 episodes Monday 10 PM. Parenthood will keep it's tuesday 10 PM slot and Law and Order:LA " will return on a day to be determined"... No word on what will air on Wednesday 10 PM after Chase finishes it's run (Love Bites? Law and Order:LA? The Cape?)
The Event is still scheduled to replace The Cape as planned in late Febuary.

Chief Post # 39 | Sunday, 23 Jan 2011 - 02:34
I saw that. Things can change quickly, and nothing is guaranteed when it comes to television. NBC could very well cancel The Cape next week if 104 does worse and replace it with reruns of whatever. But I'm hoping (probably naively) that since NBC is still posting press releases, it means they're going to stick it out with The Cape at least until The Event returns.

After that... pfft. I imagine it'll be cancelled (if it hasn't already been). I just really want to get to the Orwell arc.

meanoldmoe Post # 40 | Sunday, 23 Jan 2011 - 15:32
What gets me is..... now NBC has been rumored to be doing a Wonder Woman series.
I know WW was hinted at becoming a movie too...but looks like it is in the works for TV.
Are they now going off on a super hero kick?
I'm not sure , but No Ordinary Family is another super hero show that seems to be struggling. ( it reminds me of the movie The Incredibles)

Chances are The Cape will get its 8 ep run and then we would have to wait for the DVD's to come out, in order to get to see all 13.....that is unless the ratings are up around 2.0.

Hmmm.... Yeah...Thinking makes my brain hurt ;)

chrisdvanne_ Post # 41 | Sunday, 23 Jan 2011 - 16:17
Quote (meanoldmoe)
NBC has been rumored to be doing a Wonder Woman series.

This is not a rumor, NBC has picked up the pilot, but not the serie yet. The pilot will have to convince it's worth greenlightening the serie.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 42 | Tuesday, 25 Jan 2011 - 17:49
This is bad, very bad :

5.89 millions viewers and a 1.6 in 18-49 demo.

The Cape was down more, cloaking an additional two-tenths of a percent of adults 18-49 and falling to a 1.6.

Fermi Post # 43 | Tuesday, 25 Jan 2011 - 18:01
I hope we at least get to see the 9 episode that has been scheduled. I recall that the Event performed better on that hour

You can't stop the signal!

Chief Post # 44 | Tuesday, 25 Jan 2011 - 18:05
Only 8 episodes are scheduled. That's not too bad of a drop. If The Cape can hold that, NBC might give us the first 8 eps before pulling the plug. The last 5 eps of The Event averaged around 5.6 million. I can't remember what the rating for 18-49 was, though...

mr_mogwai Post # 45 | Tuesday, 25 Jan 2011 - 20:09
Hopefully they'll just move it to a more suitable timeslot -

Saturday mornings

Ok, I'm done. Somebody wanna' come move this soapbox?!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape - Ratings and Audience
Search: