menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape on Syfy Universal (Syfy France)
The Cape on Syfy Universal (Syfy France)
chrisdvanne_ Post # 31 | Thursday, 29 Dec 2011 - 23:26
Group: Administrators
Repeats on Syfy France Saturday December 31th, 2011 :

13h:40 : The Cape
Season 1 Episode 8 "Le jour des morts "

14h:25
Season 1 Episode 9 "En territoire ennemi "

15h:10 The Cape
Season 1 Episode 10 "Fin de partie "

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

termi-ninja-tor Post # 32 | Monday, 09 Jan 2012 - 10:28
Group: Friends
How was the series received by the French viewers? Did they like it? Were there any reviews? Did they say anything about Summer's Orwell?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 33 | Monday, 09 Jan 2012 - 11:20
As i said previously, one of my friend watched the serie (he stumbled on it by chance when it premiered); he was a fan of Summer Glau since TSCC and was glad to see she starred in The Cape.
He enjoyed the show in general, the comic book look and feel, and Summer Glau of course; i think he has a crush on her, he's always asking me to offer him a Summer Glau Wiki calendar (which i showed him before) and always asking me when i will introduce her to him wink

Though he was very disappointed with the way the serie ended; Orwell's sudden change of personnality shown in the serie left to much to the imagination and he wanted to know more of her.

The Cape aired on Syfy France (cable network) so that most of the big entertainment magazines or websites disn't reported much about the serie; i couldn't find ratings available online for example.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 34 | Tuesday, 10 Jan 2012 - 00:00
The french actress who was choosen to dub Summer Glau is a relatively unknown actress named Lea Gabrielle, who also dubbed Summer Glau in Firefly, The 4400 and The Unit.
If i don't know her exact age, she must be over 40 since she began her career in the late 80's.

I uploaded a short extract from the pilot of The Cape aired in Syfy France so that you could listen to the French dubbing for Orwell.

Watch embedded video in the following posts.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 10 Jan 2012, 10:56

termi-ninja-tor Post # 35 | Tuesday, 10 Jan 2012 - 09:13
Group: Friends
Quote (chrisdvanne)
The french actress who was choosen to dub Summer Glau is a relatively unknown actress named Lea Gabrielle, who also dubbed Summer Glau in Firefly, The 4400 and The Unit.
If i don't know her exact age, she must be over 40 since she began her career in the late 80's.

Léa Gabriele

I uploaded a short extract from the pilot of The Cape aired in Syfy France so that you could hear the French dubbing for Orwell.

http://youtu.be/KsPhsXU7qL0

Thank you chrisdvanne for posting this French dubbing sample from The Cape's French broadcast.

Unfortunately, the video has been blocked by NBC Universal for copyright issues, and I was not able to see it.

Nevertheless, your efforts are appreciated.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 36 | Tuesday, 10 Jan 2012 - 09:54
I don't give up that easely!
With the help of Fox012, i managed to upload it :

As you can hear, Summer's dubbing sounds horrible tongue

chrisdvanne_ Post # 37 | Tuesday, 30 Jul 2013 - 17:55
Syfy France has broadcast the 10 episodes of the first and only season of the superhero drama The Cape from July 9th to 30th, 2013.

Read more in the Blog section.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape on Syfy Universal (Syfy France)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: