menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape on Syfy Universal (Syfy France)
The Cape on Syfy Universal (Syfy France)
BlaziusDate: Saturday, 10 Dec 2011, 01:14 | Message # 16
Group: Friends
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Fool that I am, I must admit that I would still watch such a show if I knew that the incomparable Summer Glau had a prominent role in it, just to see her in action. Never mind the story arcs.

Yeah. The cancellation of TSCC was extremely painful but I didn't care if I will experience the same immediately after TSCC with Firefly because I just wanted to see more and more Summer Glau. She alone makes watching everything she is in extremely rewarding.

Quote (FordStaff)
Personally if Summer gets stuck on a sub-par show cancellation does not seem like such a bad thing in my eyes. She deserves a good role on a good show.

Thats very true however if she plays in a bad show I don't care because she is always fantastic and she alone makes everything as rewarding to watch as a good show without her.

True however that if she is in a good show she makes that ten times as rewarding as without her too. If only Lucas made a live action SW series with her rolleyes

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

FordStaffDate: Saturday, 10 Dec 2011, 01:28 | Message # 17
Yeah. The cancellation of TSCC was extremely painful but I didn't care if I will experience the same immediately after TSCC with Firefly

The only reason I gave Firefly a chance is because it had the movie for resolution. Now I am watching TSCC even though it does not have resolution, mainly because of Summer. Kinda reverse of your path.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 10 Dec 2011, 01:37 | Message # 18
Quote (FordStaff)
The only reason I gave Firefly a chance is because it had the movie for resolution. Now I am watching TSCC even though it does not have resolution, mainly because of Summer. Kinda reverse of your path.

That damn movie resolution is really missing for TSCC BTW.

I'd say Browncoats are very lucky that at least they got cool Serenity.

The Resistance would deserve it too.

Personally I would be happy because TSCC movie= one more kickass film with Summer biggrin

FordStaffDate: Saturday, 10 Dec 2011, 01:42 | Message # 19

I'd say Browncoats are very lucky that at least they got cool Serenity.

The Resistance would deserve it too.

I may consider myself Browncoat first, but no disagreement from me. TSCC got pretty screwed.

Personally I would be happy because TSCC movie= one more kickass film with Summer

Hell yeah.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 12 Dec 2011, 19:24 | Message # 20
Group: Administrators
Update : Syfy France is airing episode 4 Scales On A Train and episode 5 Dice

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 02:00 | Message # 21
Syfy France has released a mini poll on their Facebook page :

Who is your favorite "criminal" in the serie?
You can vote for Chess, Max Malini, Scales or Rollo.

Translation in French :
Syfy France a lancé un mini sondage sur sa page Facebook :

Quel est votre "criminel" préféré de The Cape?
Vous pouvez voter pour Chess, Max Malini, Scales ou Rollo.

Vinnie Jones as Scales in The Cape

termi-ninja-torDate: Thursday, 22 Dec 2011, 23:54 | Message # 22
Has the series been completed in France? What has been the popular reaction? Any reviews or comments on Summer's Orwell?

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 23 Dec 2011, 01:02 | Message # 23
Syfy France aired 3 episodes last Monday, ending with episode 7 "The Lich" part 1.
Next new episodes (included episode 10 "Endgame) are scheduled on Monday December 26 and will conclude the airing of the serie on Syfy (but repeats are scheduled afterwards).

Syfy France marketed the serie for their targeted audience, aka the 15-49 male demographic, preferably comics fans; i have no infos on the audience.

A friend of mine is watching the serie; he stumbled on it by chance when it premiered on December 5th without knowing what it was about; he was suprised to see that Summer Glau played Orwell (he previously watched TSCC on French tv). He immediately thought about me since he knows i'm a great fan of Summer (i showed him the Summer Glau Wiki calendar and the acrilyc print Fox012 offered me).
He enjoys The Cape and was sad to learn that it was canceled so soon.

termi-ninja-torDate: Friday, 23 Dec 2011, 04:12 | Message # 24
Quote (chrisdvanne)
A friend of mine is watching the serie; he stumbled on it by chance when it premiered on December 5th without knowing what it was about; he was suprised to see that Summer Glau played Orwell (he previously watched TSCC on French tv). He immediately thought about me since he knows i'm a great fan of Summer (i showed him the Summer Glau Wiki calendar and the acrilyc print Fox012 offered me).
He enjoys The Cape and was sad to learn that it was canceled so soon.

I hope he stays with the series through the end.

I found watching the series became more rewarding to me as Orwell became more important to the story. Toward the end I was very engaged as she showed signs of some mysterious psychological disorder. Too bad it ended just as this seemed to be approaching some kind of culmination.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 23 Dec 2011, 09:20 | Message # 25
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
I hope he stays with the series through the end.

Of course he will. There is just three episodes left anyway, to air next Monday.

Yes, Orwell's story arc was so important toward the end that i tought for a moment she would take her father's place as the big villain in season 2 wink
Just like for TSCC or Firefly (before Serenity), not having a closure is very frustrating mad

BlaziusDate: Friday, 23 Dec 2011, 16:46 | Message # 26
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
I found watching the series became more rewarding to me as Orwell became more important to the story. Toward the end I was very engaged as she showed signs of some mysterious psychological disorder. Too bad it ended just as this seemed to be approaching some kind of culmination.

I'd want to hit Tom Wheeler REALLY hard for the Cape BTW. Not because it was so bad but because how much better it could have been given if he tried harder. If you observe it closely then you can see that in fact there were exceptionally brilliant concepts behind the Cape!

The magnificent Summer Glau was part of his cast for starters. Then they had BRILLIANT concepts IMO, Orwell was a mind blowing idea with the super wealthy, brave and clever female Batman concept, with her mysterious evil side which'd even transform her into a mind blowing super villain( and Summer would have been able to play a villain at long last probably earning her third character with iconic status ), and with the intriguing father-daughter conflict which even reminded me of TESB and its Vader-Luke relationship( the Kozmo segment with Summer silk dancing as Fleming mourns her daughter was just beautiful !!! ).

The mythology of the Kozmo-Cape relationship was also a brilliant idea, exploring the area of seemingly immortal magicians. Also while it was a superhero show it had the potential to be edgy and dark which is the trademark of all succesful superhero material nowadays( Watchmen, The Dark knight).

Also Orwells costumes really demonstrated that they are top notch in that department too.

So I think everything was in place except Wheeler. If he tried harder to make these ideas work then we'd possibly still watch and discuss it week after week. But lets face it, he did a terrible job compared to what he had.

It was still too early to pull the plug IMO but in this case I can see the reasoning behind it unlike behind TSCCs cancellation.

What I want to say is that I'm still very sad that all those good ideas are thrown out of the window, its a terrible waste of these good concepts IMO. I'm just very sad every time somebody mentions the Cape because of it.

termi-ninja-torDate: Friday, 23 Dec 2011, 17:43 | Message # 27
Quote (Blazius)
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)

I'd want to hit Tom Wheeler REALLY hard for the Cape BTW. Not because it was so bad but because how much better it could have been given if he tried harder. If you observe it closely then you can see that in fact there were exceptionally brilliant concepts behind the Cape!

The magnificent Summer Glau was part of his cast for starters. Then they had BRILLIANT concepts IMO, Orwell was a mind blowing idea with the super wealthy, brave and clever female Batman concept, with her mysterious evil side which'd even transform her into a mind blowing super villain( and Summer would have been able to play a villain at long last probably earning her third character with iconic status ), and with the intriguing father-daughter conflict which even reminded me of TESB and its Vader-Luke relationship( the Kozmo segment with Summer silk dancing as Fleming mourns her daughter was just beautiful !!! ).

The mythology of the Kozmo-Cape relationship was also a brilliant idea, exploring the area of seemingly immortal magicians. Also while it was a superhero show it had the potential to be edgy and dark which is the trademark of all succesful superhero material nowadays( Watchmen, The Dark knight).

Also Orwells costumes really demonstrated that they are top notch in that department too.

So I think everything was in place except Wheeler. If he tried harder to make these ideas work then we'd possibly still watch and discuss it week after week. But lets face it, he did a terrible job compared to what he had.

It was still too early to pull the plug IMO but in this case I can see the reasoning behind it unlike behind TSCCs cancellation.

What I want to say is that I'm still very sad that all those good ideas are thrown out of the window, its a terrible waste of these good concepts IMO. I'm just very sad every time somebody mentions the Cape because of it.

Well said. I agree.

I think it would be nice to hear what was planned for Orwell. I am sure the showrunners had some nice story arc worked out for her.

I was initially hopeful that they might share their vision either on the official The Cape website or in some bonus materials on the DVD. Perhaps someday in an interview, we might get an idea of what was going to happen with Orwell's character, how her mental affiliction would further develop and eventually resolve, and what was planned for the ultimate denouement between Orwell and her father Fleming. And of course what would be the fate of Vince -- would he ever be exonerated? Would he reveal himself to his family? (Probably neither of these until the end of the series, I guess.)

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 25 Dec 2011, 18:51 | Message # 28
Repeats on Syfy today Sunday December 25th, 2011 :

22:15 The Cape
Episode 6: Goggles et Hicks
The Cape est épuisé et décide de ne pas tenir compte du conseil de Max et d'aller prendre un peu de repos. Peter Fleming est, lui, décidé à le tuer et engage pour cela des tueurs à gages dont la mission est de suivre sa trace et de le détruire. Dana, quant à elle, s'investit de plus en plus pour découvrir la vérité au sujet de Vince...

23:00 The Cape
Episode 7: Le jour des morts
Quand Rollo et Max Malini demandent à Vince de venir les aider à résoudre le cas d'une femme morte qui n'est plus dans sa tombe, le justicier comprend que The Lich, une légende urbaine, semble prendre vie. Cette affaire est reliée à Conrad Chandler, un orphelin, héritier des fondateurs de Palm City dont l'existence n'a pas été reconnue. Vince demande de l'aide à Marty Voyt pour capturer The Lich et pour empêcher un attentat contre une parade commémorative qui doit avoir lieu en ville. De son côté, Dana Faraday essaye de refaire sa vie...

termi-ninja-torDate: Sunday, 25 Dec 2011, 21:12 | Message # 29
I hope the ratings are strong.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 26 Dec 2011, 13:06 | Message # 30
Repeats on Syfy today Monday December 26th, 2011 :

13:30 The Cape
Episode 6: Goggles et Hicks

14:15 The Cape
Episode 7: Le jour des morts (The Lich, part 1)

Summer Glau in The Cape

Last episodes of The Cape

20:45 The Cape
Episode 8: Le jour des morts
Orwell a été capturée par Conrad Chandler alias The Lich. Celui-ci lui injecte une toxine qui la paralyse. Puis il veut l'épouser lors d'une cérémonie macabre avant de l'enterrer. Vince, Max et Rollo sont désemparés car ils ne savent pas où Orwell est prisonnière. Vince sollicite alors Dana pour qu'elle use de son influence afin d'interroger Preston Holloway, retenu dans les locaux de la police. Sous l'influence maléfique du Lich, Holloway sait peut-être où se trouve son maître...

21:30 The Cape
Episode 9: En territoire ennemi
Scales fait alliance avec Peter Fleming pour protéger son territoire et fait appel à Razer, un expert en explosifs. Vince réussit à intercepter Razer et infiltre le gang de Scales. De son côté, Peter Fleming essaie de se défaire de l'influence maléfique de Chess, son alter-ego. Quant à Orwell, elle lutte contre ses démons intérieurs...

22:15 The Cape
Episode 10: Fin de partie
Le chef de la police de Palm City, Marty Voyt, accusé à tort par la Ark Corporation, est emprisonné. Il risque de subir le même sort que Vince car il détient des informations sur Peter Fleming. En tant qu'avocate commise d'office, c'est Dana qui assure sa défense. Vince, toujours aidé par Orwell même si celle-ci semble avoir l'esprit ailleurs, comprend qu'il va devoir protéger Marty et Dana...

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape on Syfy Universal (Syfy France)
Search: