menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape -The Complete Series DVD / Jacket & Screencaps
The Cape -The Complete Series DVD / Jacket & Screencaps
chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 11:57 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Just received by mail "The Cape - The Complete Series".

The specifications are as announced on the News :
* Two discs on the box
* Format : NTSC region code 1 (United States, Canada)
* Anamorphic widescreen : 1.78:1
* Run time : 430 min
* Dolby Digital AC3
* Episodes 1 to 10
* English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
* No extra features

Being not in region 1, i used VLC to play the DVD; my experience with the quality of the product may differ from yours.
The quality of the image is correct but remember they had the ten episodes on two discs which means they probably compressed the datas and may explain the lack of bonus features.

The comics-style menus are basic (see screencaps); the english subtitles are difficult to read but again, this is maybe specific to my configuration.

Click on images for bigger size

Attachments: 9287186.jpg(350.4 Kb) · 1087772.jpg(407.5 Kb) · 4964295.jpg(314.7 Kb) · 6818409.jpg(270.3 Kb) · 6687072.jpg(324.9 Kb)

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 12:01

DevoDate: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 12:12 | Message # 2
Group: Friends
I can't believe they didn't include any bonus features. :'(

If they were going to do that they should have at least released the bluray to give some sort of incentive to purchase it.

With HD available online and no bonus features I am not sure if they are even trying to sell this series at all.

I can see the super Summer Glau fans maybe buying it as part of a collection of her works, but that's about it.

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 12:16 | Message # 3
I have the feeling that NBC did for the DVD what they did for the serie itself; they wanted to take whatever money was to make and get rid of it as soon as possible. Hence this rush job with cheap quality and no bonus.
The production costs for a DVD is very low but it seems they also saved on the developments costs.

On a more "light" level, the message sent by the jacket is clearly : The Cape is the Hero and the other are like walk-on actors; no side-kick as one could have expected.
At least Orwell/Summer Glau is granted with a full picture on the setup menu wink

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 12:18 | Message # 4
@ Devo : i share your thoughts.

It's possible they make a bluray version with bonus on it if the DVD sales are decent but i wouldn't bet on it.

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 22 Jul 2011, 13:07 | Message # 5
Meanwhile at Amazon UK : Firefly - The Complete Series (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) [Blu-ray]

Same release as US one, different zone.
Price: £17.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK
This title will be released on September 19, 2011.

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 04 Sep 2011, 15:54 | Message # 6
The UK DVD (R2) of The Cape will be released on 26th September 2011, according to Universal Playback.

The Cape -The Complete Series DVD has the same specifications as the US release (except for the region of course), which means all ten 45 minutes episodes in a two disc box set.
(See the complete presentation at the begining of this thread)

Source : DVD News: The Cape (UK/R2) at blogomatic3000

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 04 Sep 2011, 15:56

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 05 Sep 2011, 08:42 | Message # 7
The Cape - Season 1 [DVD] at Amazon UK

The title will be released on September 26, 2011 but you can pre-order it now.

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 22 Sep 2011, 10:21 | Message # 8
To mark the release of The Cape on DVD 26th September, Universal Playback has given copies of The Cape: The Complete Series to film-oriented websites. The latter are offering their readers a chance to win a copy of the discs.

Win 1 of 3 copies of the Cape on DVD at film-news UK
To be in with a chance of winning just send an email with CAPE! in the subject line to comp@film-news.co.uk including your name, address and telephone number. Winners will be notified by phone/email. closing date: 21 Oct 2011

Win a copy of The Cape: The Complete Series on DVD! at syfy UK (10 copies available)
To enter the competition, one has to sign in or create a free account then answer a simple question. End Date: 17th October

What other sci-fi show has Summer Glau (Orwell) starred in?
Fringe
Smallville
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicle

Win The Cape: The Complete Series on DVD at Hey U Guys UK (5 copies available)
For your chance to win simply answer this question using the form below:

Who plays the character ‘Orwell in the movie, The Cape?

UPDATE : others sites offers the DVD's

Win! The Cape On DVD at bleedingcool
Superheroes. Bloggers. Summer Glau. One of these things might seem not to fit, but all three come together in The Cape, a TV series about a masked vigilante estranged from his family and on a mission of vengeance.
It’s not too obvious from that, but Ms. Glau has a rather upfront role as a blogger named Orwell. She’s always fun to watch.

Competiton: Win superhero series ‘The Cape’ on DVD at Blogomatic3000
Ably supported by investigative blogger Orwell (Summer Glau – The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Faraday pits himself up against ultra-violent villain Chess (James Frain – True Blood & Flashforward)

What famous superhero TV show (also released on DVD by Universal Playback) starred Lou Ferrigno? Was it:
a) Batman
b) Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
c) The Incredible Hulk
Email your answer and address to competition@blogomatic3000.com with CAPE in the subject line. An email entry counts as ONE entry into the competition. Ends October 1st 2011.

The Cape DVD Competition at sfx.uk
To win one of three copies of comic book drama, The Cape and find out what chaos ensues simply answer the question below. Closing date: 07/10/2011
Which of these comic book heroes doesn’t have a cape?
Batman
Superman
Spider-Man

Win 1 of 3 copies of comic book drama, The Cape! at dvdactive
To win your copy and find out what chaos ensues simply answer the question below.
Which ex-Firefly star also appears in The Cape?
Gina Torres
Jewel Staite
Summer Glau

Side note : you'll notice most the questions/comments focuses on Orwell/Summer Glau. I thought David Lyons was supposed to be the main character cool

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 03 Oct 2011, 13:57

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 13 Oct 2011, 11:14 | Message # 9
Wow, i did not remember it was Keith David in John Carpenter's The Thing (1982)

I was reminded this because a prequel of the 1982's movie will be in theaters October 14th; basically better CGI and a female lead instead of a bearded Kurt Russell.

Side note : The X-Files season 1 episode 8 'Ice' was partly inspired by The Thing.
When investigating the deaths of an Alaskan research team, FBI special agents Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) discover the existence of extraterrestrial parasitic organisms which drive their hosts into impulsive fits of rage.

Side note 2 : as often in this case, i prefer the original version (the 1982's movie was already a remake) filmed in 1951 and produced by Howard Hawks, The Thing from Another World.

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 11 Jan 2012, 00:07 | Message # 10
The Cape -The Complete Series will be released on DVD in France on 31th January, 2012.

Fox012Date: Thursday, 09 Feb 2012, 23:37 | Message # 11
Group: Users
Nice One But I'm not sure if I should buy them with no Bonus features and nothing

It's like take it or leave it...

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Message edited by Fox012 - Thursday, 09 Feb 2012, 23:40

The1RussterDate: Friday, 10 Feb 2012, 01:03 | Message # 12
Group: Writer
Quote (Fox012)
Nice One But I'm not sure if I should buy them with no Bonus features and nothing

It's like take it or leave it...

I agree with Fox012 concerning The Cape. without bonus features, the DVD has nothing more than what was captured on PVR's. Now when i bought the DVD's for both seasons of TSCC, I didn't care about bonus features, I wanted the story. However, The Cape is in nowhere near the same category of drama as far as quality of execution goes. The Cape needs bonus features to make the sale, and to give it value over home recordings.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 12 Sep 2014, 12:50 | Message # 13
The Cape is available in Japan. Here's the DVD cover.

The Cape Japan DVD cover

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape -The Complete Series DVD / Jacket & Screencaps
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: