menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape 1.10 finale: Discussion thread (spoiler)
The Cape 1.10 finale: Discussion thread (spoiler)
Give us your opinion on the finale
Devo Post # 31 | Sunday, 13 Mar 2011 - 17:35
Group: Friends
Quote (KrelleK)
Quote (mr_mogwai)Orwell seemed to be on the verge of a breakdown, possibly spurred by the drugging she endured in The Lich 1&2. I think they were going to show her developing a split personality like her dad, Fleming/Chess. But I guess we'll never know. By the way, Summer looked hot in her outfits. I wouldn't mind seeing her take on roles like Angelina Jolie has done. Quote (michelangelo)I agree with everything mr_mogwai said in message above, especially about Orwell; she's not back to normal. I hope that she would be alright, as she said, she happened to "read the end first" perhaps she can gat help from Vince to help her(probably in a fanfic) so she do not end up with a split personallity too, and well we got told she might have been a army brat(interesting description by the way generaly speaking(army brat)

Army Brat is a popular term for children that grow up in army families usually on army bases. The term seems to be used more for officer's kids.

There is zero chance of the last 3 episodes because production was stopped. The sets and everything are probably already torn down and the props returned to the prop houses.

Fermi Post # 32 | Sunday, 13 Mar 2011 - 17:40
Group: Administrators
Barry Caldwell a script supervisor for, The Cape said this on the facebook page

Quote (Barry Caldwell)
To everyone saying it wasn't a satisfying "finale," we got 10 days to shoot each episode. We got the news about this being our last episode on day 3 of shooting it. And because we shoot scenes completely out of order, and had already shot the ending and other scenes throughout the episode, there wasn't time to go and rewrite the whole thing to make it a true "finale." We finished shooting the script as written and prayed for a miracle that it wasn't really the last one.

You can't stop the signal!

Devo Post # 33 | Sunday, 13 Mar 2011 - 19:09
Quote (Fermi)
Barry Caldwell a script supervisor for, The Cape said this on the facebook page Quote (Barry Caldwell)To everyone saying it wasn't a satisfying "finale," we got 10 days to shoot each episode. We got the news about this being our last episode on day 3 of shooting it. And because we shoot scenes completely out of order, and had already shot the ending and other scenes throughout the episode, there wasn't time to go and rewrite the whole thing to make it a true "finale." We finished shooting the script as written and prayed for a miracle that it wasn't really the last one.

That makes it sound like the 'Special Episode' line NBC gave us was a load of BS.

I am now 100% sure that most of the relevant Orwell content was lost when NBC cut the episode order.

That's just awful. angry

chrisdvanne_ Post # 34 | Monday, 14 Mar 2011 - 00:15
Before the online episode air, i had hope that they would change or edit episode 10; after seeing the episode, i have said here a dozend time it was episode 10 without any change or attempt of closure of any king. This message is just a confirmation of it.
But as Devo said, NBC didn't tell us online episode was just regular episode 10. Why not say "episode 10 has been filmed and remains to be seen, come and see it online", instead of "the producers are preparing a special episode", which is a lie.

About Orwell's implication in episode 11, 12 and 13 : the only thing i have read is that the revelation on The Lich, aka Fleming is her father, will "be the begining of a new journey for Orwell" or something like that. But i did not see it happen in episode 10. Did someone have any hint on that.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KrelleK Post # 35 | Monday, 14 Mar 2011 - 03:12
Quote (Devo)
Army Brat is a popular term for children that grow up in army families usually on army bases. The term seems to be used more for officer's kids.
There is zero chance of the last 3 episodes because production was stopped. The sets and everything are probably already torn down and the props returned to the prop houses.

its a damn shame, they could not have had more Orwell in it,and maybe had more episodes like this one.

LOL so it´s only the officers children that ends up being brats? LOL biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 36 | Monday, 14 Mar 2011 - 09:21
It is pretty clear on this episode that Orwell's personality disorder was not only caused by the drugs The Lich give to her; maybe it was just the catalyst but the real cause lies in her gene like Fleming said in a previous episode. Please someone make a list of all the hints we have in this episode, all going in the same direction : Orwell has a dark side just like Fleming/Chess.
I wonder if we would have a dark Orwell name, or costume, or lence.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 37 | Monday, 14 Mar 2011 - 09:33
Quote (michelangelo)
Orwell has a dark side just like Fleming/Chess.

Maybe we would have seen an evil Orwell obsessed with Vince to the point that she threats Dana in order to have Vince all for herself.
Oh wait...it was supposed to be the plot of the Raia-centered episode (see quote below).

Quote (tvline)
Ausiello: Things could get a bit circus freaky for Vince when Raia (played by Izabella Miko) grows ever curious about just what lies beneath his cape. “She has a very strong crush on Vince — and there are plans to have that crush tilt into obsession,” series creator Tom Wheeler told TVLine’s Matt Mitovich. “We have big plans for Raia.”

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 14 Mar 2011, 10:21

chrisdvanne_ Post # 38 | Monday, 14 Mar 2011 - 09:49
Well, It seems this episode was not planned to be a season finale. The writers expected to have at least three more. I'm pretty sure we would heve had character developemnt for Orwell and Fleming and maybe others.
Hopefully Thomas Wheeler will reveal what his palns were, had they been able to film 13 episodes, but i doubt he will. Showrunners never do that for a simple reason : they want to keep fresh new ideas (that must be brilliant in their ego of cosmic dimensions) for themselves so that they can use it in their future works.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 39 | Monday, 14 Mar 2011 - 11:40
Quote (michelangelo)
Orwell has a dark side just like Fleming/Chess.
I wonder if we would have a dark Orwell name, or costume,

Scoop : the name of Orwell's dark side is ...Chimera

At the very begining of "Endgame", we see Orwell lying on a bed in a white-painted room and the phone rings.
She says : "no...no..Chimera stop...please"

Remember Fleming saying to Orwell in "The Lich" : "You can't escape from your genes"

Quote (Wikipedia)
Chimera (genetics)

A chimera is an animal that has two or more different populations of genetically distinct cells that originated in different zygotes involved with sexual reproduction; if the different cells emerged from the same zygote, it is called a mosaicism. Chimeras are formed from four parent cells (two fertilized eggs or early embryos fused together). Each population of cells keeps its own character and the resulting animal is a mixture of tissues. Chimeras are typically seen in non-human zoology, but also discovered to a rare extent in humans.

Quote (Wikipedia)
Chimera (mythology)

The Chimera... was, according to Greek mythology, a monstrous fire-breathing female creature of Lycia in Asia Minor, composed of the parts of multiple animals: upon the body of a lioness with a tail that ended in a snake's head, the head of a goat arose on her back at the center of her spine. The Chimera was one of the offspring of Typhon and Echidna and a sibling of such monsters as Cerberus and the Lernaean Hydra. The term chimera has also come to mean, more generally, an impossible or foolish fantasy, hard to believe.

That's for the name and its signification; as for the costume let see what comics says.
Chimera is a fictional mutant character in the Marvel Comics Universe. She teamed up with Wolverine. Don't you think she looks like Summer Glau (except for the upper body but there is nothing a wonderbra can't do)

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 14 Mar 2011, 11:46

Granite Post # 40 | Monday, 14 Mar 2011 - 13:00
Something I do not like the direction and speed of development of character Orwell. Too painful, too sickly, too ... hopeless. I see no reason for some optimistic finale that line. Again ...

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

KrelleK Post # 41 | Monday, 14 Mar 2011 - 13:15
Quote (michelangelo)
Scoop : the name of Orwell's dark side is ...Chimera
At the very begining of "Endgame", we see Orwell lying on a bed in a white-painted room and the phone rings.
She says : "no...no..Chimera stop...please"
Remember Fleming saying to Orwell in "The Lich" : "You can't escape from your genes"

so that was what she was sobing on the couch, i had made an earlier post about it before:

and what was it she was sobing on her couch in the whiteroom, then the phone rang, something about please talk? and what was it she said to vince then he asked her how she was, and she seemed to decide to say something to him, followed by: that it would soon be over

but what is it she tells Vince then she decides to tell him something, something - followed by: it will soon be over

KrelleK Post # 42 | Monday, 14 Mar 2011 - 13:23
could Chimaera be the Secret doc told Chess, that he did not want peter to Know about?

but the whole idea of Orwell/Julia/Jaimee having a darkside/bad twin inside her, is quite cool, damn that could lead to some very interestingg talks/discussions down the road about who has most right to live Orwell or Chimaera, Between Vince/Cape and Orwell/Chimaera.

it is probably something were Max or what was it the carnival hypnotist name was is going to be mixed into at sometime - in there battle to have Orwell regain control over Chimaera, to bannish

Message edited by KrelleK - Monday, 14 Mar 2011, 13:27

chrisdvanne_ Post # 43 | Tuesday, 15 Mar 2011 - 08:19
The way they get rid of Scales was a bit rushed imo, he was one of the two big villains but he ended in Owl Island prison like a villain of the week; though we know ep. 12 or 13 was focused on Owl Island prison (see Exclusive : The secrets plans of Thomas Wheeler revealed ! post #5).

At least the story-arc and the character development was adresssed in this episode. And this was achieved without too much of the Carnaval of Crime which means the show has find its stride, too late alas.

Fleming was chronically underused but Orwell was the most underused till episode 1.07 and the most different from what we were told by Thomas Wheeler before the show starts: where is the intrepid blogger? Where comes her funds from?
I'm not a fan of the loony with personality disorder Orwell but at least her character evolved in ep 10. It would have been interesting to follow her character and the interactions with other characters, especially if Vince learns she is Fleming's daughter.

KrelleK Post # 44 | Thursday, 17 Mar 2011 - 17:55
Quote (michelangelo)
'm not a fan of the loony with personality disorder Orwell but at least her character evolved in ep 10. It would have been interesting to follow her character and the interactions with other characters, especially if Vince learns she is Fleming's daughter.

Yeah I too would have liked to see how people around would react if they knew who Orwell´s daddy was especially Vince. I do not see him as one that would get angry over that, I think he would be very calm about it

chrisdvanne_ Post # 45 | Sunday, 10 Apr 2011 - 17:08
EW. com has some news about The Cape : we could have closure after all.
let's hope for the fans that this is true

Dear Sandra, Any word on a different network picking up The Cape? Or a possible continuation in comic book form? A Carnival of Crime spin off? I thought the series was gelling nicely and am sad that we could be left hanging after only 10 eps! Any spoilers on what would have been? — Ina
Well, the series is still officially part of NBC because there is no official word on its fate. That said — and considering the finale aired online only — there’s a safe assumption that can be made. Also a safe assumption? Closure. There was a definite plan for the series, and it will become public somehow, I’m told. The question is how.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape 1.10 finale: Discussion thread (spoiler)
Search: