menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape 1.10 finale: Discussion thread (spoiler)
The Cape 1.10 finale: Discussion thread (spoiler)
Give us your opinion on the finale
Devo Post # 16 | Saturday, 12 Mar 2011 - 16:29
Group: Friends
Quote (raia)
Quote (Devo)QuoteMaybe you should moderate the nutjobs and trolls all over that awful thread. Do you think it is fine the way it is?! Episode was terrible by the way. there was only one troll, other than that it is just a discussion, by nutjob just say who you are refering to and why is it awful?

There are 2 dedicated trolls there right now, are you high or something? Why do you think nobody else posts there?

Can you read?

Fermi Post # 17 | Saturday, 12 Mar 2011 - 17:10
Group: Administrators
Come on guys don't go off topic here. Discuss episode 1.10 not how discussion threads on other boards being moderated.

You can't stop the signal!

john121984 Post # 18 | Saturday, 12 Mar 2011 - 17:18
I just got finished watching it. It was a disappointing episode it really didn't give any closure to any of the characters story lines.

Message edited by john121984 - Saturday, 12 Mar 2011, 17:19

mr_mogwai Post # 19 | Saturday, 12 Mar 2011 - 19:03
The Cape had potential, but there were so many flaws in its execution. The writing, directing and editing left much to be desired. It's as if the show was produced by film school students instead of professionals. Still, it got better with each episode. The actors did well with what they were given. Endgame was one of the better eps.

Orwell seemed to be on the verge of a breakdown, possibly spurred by the drugging she endured in The Lich 1&2. I think they were going to show her developing a split personality like her dad, Fleming/Chess. But I guess we'll never know. By the way, Summer looked hot in her outfits. I wouldn't mind seeing her take on roles like Angelina Jolie has done.

Ok, I'm done. Somebody wanna' come move this soapbox?!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 20 | Sunday, 13 Mar 2011 - 00:21
Quote (john121984)
It was a disappointing episode it really didn't give any closure to any of the characters story lines.

It was disappointing from a "closure" point of view because i have no doubt no scene were refilmed and no editing was done with regular episode 10; it was not a special online episode prepared by producersas they said a few days ago.
Yet i found the episode had a good pacing and story with little to no cheesy scene. Even the "i have to protect my family" scene (Vince/Marty family) were classical but not bad.
I agree with everything mr_mogwai said in message above, especially about Orwell; she's not back to normal.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 13 Mar 2011, 00:24

Fermi Post # 21 | Sunday, 13 Mar 2011 - 03:53

HD screen caps

Fermi Post # 22 | Sunday, 13 Mar 2011 - 03:59
Well the episode was not meant as a finale what the writers where planning for the last three episodes we will never know, or maybe as a comic

Blazius Post # 23 | Sunday, 13 Mar 2011 - 15:27
I think the main problem with this episode was that the channel sold it as a special episode and a series finale.

If you think about it as a regular episode then it wasn't that bad for the reasons already mentioned (pacing,less cheesy scene) , in fact episodes like this could save the show.

And it was nice to see Orwell is in a better shape, I hated the drugged,insane storyline because it did not match her original character concept which was in fact seemed to be a great concept, I think.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 24 | Sunday, 13 Mar 2011 - 15:40
At this point, neither NBC nor Thomas Wheeler seem to care about the show and the fans : getting rid of an already produced episode seems to be their only concern.

As you said Blazius, this episode ,which was close to a regular cop prodedural episode, could have saved the show. A lot of viewers and online reviewers were scared by the comic book feely firsts episodes and bashed then gave up on the show too quickly.

KrelleK Post # 25 | Sunday, 13 Mar 2011 - 16:11
and there are no chance they will make the 3 last episodes, for the DVD-box that i hope they will make?

and what was it she was sobing on her couch in the whiteroom, then the phone rang, something about please talk? and what was it she said to vince then he asked her how she was, and she seemed to decide to say something to him, followed by: that it would soon be over

Message edited by KrelleK - Sunday, 13 Mar 2011, 16:15

chrisdvanne_ Post # 26 | Sunday, 13 Mar 2011 - 16:21
Quote (KrelleK)
and there are no chance they will make the 3 last episodes, for the DVD-box that i hope they will make?

3 episodes : zero chance
DVD-box : wouldn't bet on that

KrelleK Post # 27 | Sunday, 13 Mar 2011 - 16:23
Quote (mr_mogwai)
Orwell seemed to be on the verge of a breakdown, possibly spurred by the drugging she endured in The Lich 1&2. I think they were going to show her developing a split personality like her dad, Fleming/Chess. But I guess we'll never know. By the way, Summer looked hot in her outfits. I wouldn't mind seeing her take on roles like Angelina Jolie has done.

Quote (michelangelo)
I agree with everything mr_mogwai said in message above, especially about Orwell; she's not back to normal.

I hope that she would be alright, as she said, she happened to "read the end first" perhaps she can gat help from Vince to help her(probably in a fanfic) so she do not end up with a split personallity too, and well we got told she might have been a army brat(interesting description by the way generaly speaking(army brat)

KrelleK Post # 28 | Sunday, 13 Mar 2011 - 16:28
Quote (mr_mogwai)
By the way, Summer looked hot in her outfits. I wouldn't mind seeing her take on roles like Angelina Jolie has done

yeah I think to she would do a greath job at jumping around in old temples shooting guns, hope for a role like that, in fact any role for Summer as fast as possible biggrin biggrin

and when does the Knights of Badassdom come out, on DVD or theaters? biggrin wanna see it biggrin

KrelleK Post # 29 | Sunday, 13 Mar 2011 - 16:31
Quote (michelangelo)
3 episodes : zero chance
DVD-box : wouldn't bet on that

and no one interested in taking over the series either? how can it happen for her again? it seems like she is one unlucky girl with her series

Message edited by KrelleK - Sunday, 13 Mar 2011, 16:33

Blazius Post # 30 | Sunday, 13 Mar 2011 - 17:30
Or she needs a new manager because it seems that the current one can't, let's say sell her on the market very well.

Such a talented actress should have had a leading role in series or in a movie by now
instead of the supporting roles.

Moreover many predicted that The Cape will be a failure so possibly it wasn't the best choice for growing and evolving.

Its interesting that reviewers and viewers regularly note her as one of the main reasons to watch a series in which she is in so its not the lack of her talent that causes the problem but that she always sings up for roles in an unpopular and possibly not that good series.Terminator is obviously an exception,it was bad luck indeed (but its worth noting that problems started when they introduced the boring Riley and Jesse storyline and took screen time from Cameron).

It's time for her to do something bigger because it may sound crude but nor she nor us will become any younger than this.

But she is a clever girl so I'm sure she will surprise us with something exceptional sooner or later. smile

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape 1.10 finale: Discussion thread (spoiler)
Search: