menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape 1.10 finale: Discussion thread (spoiler)
The Cape 1.10 finale: Discussion thread (spoiler)
Give us your opinion on the finale
Fermi Post # 1 | Friday, 11 Mar 2011 - 20:51
Group: Administrators
The finale episode of The Cape will be available for viewing at http://www.nbc.com/the-cape/
today at midnight

Spoiler from TV guide
Several months ago, The Cape's creator, Tom Wheeler, clued me in that he planned to kill off a series regular in his first season finale. Then ratings fell, NBC cut the show order from 13 to 10 episodes, and now the season finale appears to be the series finale. But for those loyal Cape fans out there, there will still be a significant death before the Cape hangs it up for good.

Besides the death, the finale will find Police Chief Marty Voyt (Dorian Missick) behind bars, in the hands of ARK Corporation. Vince's "widow" Dana (Jennifer Ferrin) will take on Marty's case — and ARK, in hopes of learning more about her husband's disappearance. And The Cape/Vince (David Lyons) will find his double identity blurred when Max (Keith David) and the carnival of crime attempt to protect Dana, Marty and his family.

You can't stop the signal!

Fermi Post # 2 | Saturday, 12 Mar 2011 - 00:53
I hope they do not put a region blocking on this episode. Previous episodes on their homepage works from Sweden

You can't stop the signal!

Devo Post # 3 | Saturday, 12 Mar 2011 - 07:31
Group: Friends
If you are looking for any resolution of the Orwell arc you will be disappointed. Sadly there was really nothing new.

The episode seemed more geared to wrap up Faraday family arc, which was done in an excruciatingly dull way.

Although that scene probably would have been more compelling than what we got.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 4 | Saturday, 12 Mar 2011 - 08:04
I finished watching the episode online minutes ago; it was episode 10 "Endgame", previously called "Whitsec".
The producers didn't film anything after the cut in episode order and i don't think they made any other change that could have help wrap things up a little. For me it was not a serie finale, just NBC geting rid of The Cape. So don't expect to find some answers about Fleming/Chess or Orwell or anything else.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 12 Mar 2011, 08:05

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Saturday, 12 Mar 2011 - 08:06
Quote (Fermi)
I hope they do not put a region blocking on this episode. Previous episodes on their homepage works from Sweden

Region blocking alas.

Direct link to The Cape Episode 10 , can be viewed from US only.

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 12 Mar 2011, 08:09

raia Post # 6 | Saturday, 12 Mar 2011 - 08:23
I watched it and the ep was fairly good, it seemed like a finale, but then had a regular type ending.
no info on why orwell was acting like she did at end of last ep.
she was back to normal in this one.
all I can say is tom wheeler is a crazy MF, his writing is all over the place, and often times makes no sense whatsoever.
also with just a little effort by nbc this could have been a good finale to
end the story. it only needed a few scenes to expose chess and have vince go home to his family or reveal he is alive.
the whole orwell story could not have been resolved as it was too messed up.
@ fermi your "HOT" thread at my cape site, got 118 posts, and that is after deleting some by a troll.
I sort of enjoyed watching this show, good cast , but the writing was so bad I am no sorry to see it go.
they never did anything meaningful with orwell or raia, and they were the main reason I watched the show!
I give keith david the t5000 emmy award for somehow making his character [and lines] work in each ep.
he was the only actor that didnt wind up looking stupid at some point [or points]
Dana also seemed to do this, so kudos to her as well.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 7 | Saturday, 12 Mar 2011 - 08:44
Quote (raia)
she was back to normal in this one.

You really think that?

Ok she was not in the creepy state she was left on episode 9 but you can still feel the failure on her armor. Every single line of Orwell was cryptic and musterious, with double-meanings. Sadly we won't find the answer to her story.

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 12 Mar 2011, 08:45

Devo Post # 8 | Saturday, 12 Mar 2011 - 08:53
Quote (raia)
I watched it and the ep was fairly good, it seemed like a finale, but then had a regular type ending. no info on why orwell was acting like she did at end of last ep. she was back to normal in this one. all I can say is tom wheeler is a crazy MF, his writing is all over the place, and often times makes no sense whatsoever. also with just a little effort by nbc this could have been a good finale to end the story. it only needed a few scenes to expose chess and have vince go home to his family or reveal he is alive. the whole orwell story could not have been resolved as it was too messed up. @ fermi your "HOT" thread at my cape site, got 118 posts, and that is after deleting some by a troll. I sort of enjoyed watching this show, good cast , but the writing was so bad I am no sorry to see it go. they never did anything meaningful with orwell or raia, and they were the main reason I watched the show! I give keith david the t5000 emmy award for somehow making his character [and lines] work in each ep. he was the only actor that didnt wind up looking stupid at some point [or points] Dana also seemed to do this, so kudos to her as well.

Maybe you should moderate the nutjobs and trolls all over that awful thread.

Do you think it is fine the way it is?!

Episode was terrible by the way.

Jason_Connor Post # 9 | Saturday, 12 Mar 2011 - 08:54
Ok wasn't the worst ending we could've gotten but it cetainly wasn't the best. I admit for wrapping certain things up it was pretty good. Orwell slowly came back to reality and she sort of acted like herself but I agree, what she says (especially about the book, which I admit I sometimes do that) had some sort of deeper meaning.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 10 | Saturday, 12 Mar 2011 - 09:29
What strikes me after watching this episode is that i felt i had seen an episode of a cop procedural : the investigation, the parlor scenes, the attorney, the assinations of whitnesses attempt, the "protect my family" thing.
There was little to no references to comics and you did not have to suspend your disbelief to watch Endgame. The only "kaboom" scenes were the flip of the cape (with repeat in slow motion) when Dana was attacked and the puff of smoke acts.

Anyone else had the same feeling?

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 12 Mar 2011, 09:35

chrisdvanne_ Post # 11 | Saturday, 12 Mar 2011 - 09:32
Quote (michelangelo)
Ok wasn't the worst ending we could've gotten but it cetainly wasn't the best. I admit for wrapping certain things up it was pretty good

Always have in mind i'm not english native and i may have missed certain things while watching online but could you tell me in waht way this episode was an season or serie finale.
What things were wrapped up?
For me it was just episode 10 and no work was made on this episode since the season short.

Devo Post # 12 | Saturday, 12 Mar 2011 - 10:05
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (michelangelo)Ok wasn't the worst ending we could've gotten but it cetainly wasn't the best. I admit for wrapping certain things up it was pretty good Always have in mind i'm not english native and i may have missed certain things while watching online but could you tell me in waht way this episode was an season or serie finale. What things were wrapped up? For me it was just episode 10 and no work was made on this episode since the season short.

I think a couple scenes could have been shot and edited in to try and make it more finale-ish.

It seemed odd that Orwell went from

Of course this could just be horrible writing.

I think it is possible that they shot a couple new scenes or got word during the production of 110 and were able to pick up a couple scenes that would help wrap it up.

Most of the scenes with Vince and Dana give me the same feeling, as well as Orwell kinda tagging along in the end... like Tom was not sure what to do with her again so he just had her look hot in that awesome dress.

I doubt we will ever know, and I will be very surprised if we ever hear Tom talk publicly about this show ever again. Maybe he'll ask forgiveness on his deathbed(:P). But I sure doubt we will ever be given any answers.

KrelleK Post # 13 | Saturday, 12 Mar 2011 - 10:39
anyway for us non USA guys or girls to see it?

Message edited by KrelleK - Saturday, 12 Mar 2011, 12:53

raia Post # 14 | Saturday, 12 Mar 2011 - 12:56
Quote (KrelleK)
anyway for us non USA guys or girls to see it?

it is up on torrents as a web rip now

raia Post # 15 | Saturday, 12 Mar 2011 - 12:59
Quote (Devo)
QuoteMaybe you should moderate the nutjobs and trolls all over that awful thread. Do you think it is fine the way it is?! Episode was terrible by the way.

there was only one troll, other than that it is just a discussion, by nutjob just say who you are refering to and why is it awful?

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape 1.10 finale: Discussion thread (spoiler)
Search: