menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape 1.09 Razer: Discussion thread (spoiler)
The Cape 1.09 Razer: Discussion thread (spoiler)
Give us your opinion on "Razer"
Fermi Post # 1 | Saturday, 26 Feb 2011 - 20:36
Group: Administrators
From NBC release

02/28/2011 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Monday) : THE CAPE, MAX MALINI AND THE CARNIVAL MISFITS INFILTRATE SCALES AND HIS GANG TO PROTECT PALM CITY- LIL ROMEO, ELLIOT GOULD AND SLAINE GUEST-STAR--Concerned about the protection of his gang’s city territory, Scales (Vinnie Jones) makes a controversial pact with Fleming (James Frain) and plans to bring a dangerous villain, Razer (guest star Grant Bowler), to the city. Vince (David Lyons) intercepts Razer’s arrival, disguises himself as the villain and infiltrates the inner circle of Scales and his gang. Meanwhile, Fleming battles internally with his alter ego, Chess, and Orwell (Summer Glau) remains in a dreary state, hinting at a uncertain future.

Razer is episode number 9 The Event will return on The Capes slot next week. We think that NBC decided not to air the tenth episode and this will be the last one, but we can not know that for sure.

There has not been any promo or sneak peak trailers released for this episode.

Vote in the poll after you've seen the episode.
Spoiler tags are not needed.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2 | Saturday, 26 Feb 2011 - 20:53
As you said, no promo trailer for episode 9 "Razer", no news about the produced and filmed episode 10; it looks like NBC is burning off what left of The Cape and will say good-bye to the show without looking back; or without any considerations for the fans, but that's not a surprisefor us TSCC fans.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Saturday, 26 Feb 2011 - 22:45
Remember that next Monday was supposed to be the return date of The Event before it was pushed back one week; i hope nielsen families are aware of that. It's hard enough to loose the show, i wouldn't want to see another serie law in ratings for the "finale".

Devo Post # 4 | Tuesday, 01 Mar 2011 - 11:29
Group: Friends
Flash: The creators of The Cape are prepping an exclusive episode just for online fans! Keep watching this site in the days ahead to see a full-length special episode.

http://www.nbc.com/the-cape/

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Tuesday, 01 Mar 2011 - 11:49
Quote (Devo)
QuoteFlash: The creators of The Cape are prepping an exclusive episode just for online fans! Keep watching this site in the days ahead to see a full-length special episode. http://www.nbc.com/the-cape/

Thanks for posting Devo, this is a very important news, so important that i made a News of it.

Edit : Devo, could you re-tweet the summerglauwiki tweet, i'm not an expert at that.

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 01 Mar 2011, 13:21

chrisdvanne_ Post # 6 | Tuesday, 01 Mar 2011 - 14:40
Back to Razer :
The "A" story was really not interesting : the way to pull Vince Family into this was rushed, the gang war we didn't know about was rushed, Vince playing Razer was boring, so was the whole cake scene.
The most interesting part of the episode was Fleming dealing with Chess thanks to his doctor and Orwell's plunge into crazyness; though i don't like Summer Glau playing a loony once again.
In regard to Fleming and Orwell, this episode aks a lot of questions, for which i hope we will have some answers in the forthcoming online episode.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 7 | Tuesday, 01 Mar 2011 - 14:41
Overall that was just a good episode but not more. I was glad the writers abandoned the loner episodes and that we have a story-arc for more than one episode.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 8 | Tuesday, 01 Mar 2011 - 14:53
I agree with every fan of the show, especially Summer Glau fans, this is an horrible way to end the serie for her but you have to remember it was not the writers's choice to end like this. NBC cuting the season short, even if economically justified, is terribly unfair for the fans.

Devo Post # 9 | Tuesday, 01 Mar 2011 - 15:53
Quote (michelangelo)
I agree with every fan of the show, especially Summer Glau fans, this is an horrible way to end the serie for her but you have to remember it was not the writers's choice to end like this. NBC cuting the season short, even if economically justified, is terribly unfair for the fans.

i strongly agree. Especially considering how much money they already lost on this flop... they might as well have coughed up the extra $10m to shoot all 13 episodes.

I hate NBC even more than FOX right now. They deserve to be in last place. I am pretty sure Dollhouse got worse numbers and FOX stuck it out.

Also, retweeted. smile

Fermi Post # 10 | Tuesday, 01 Mar 2011 - 17:57
So it ended with orwell going crazy.
I hope that we get to see the last episode online.

Granite Post # 11 | Tuesday, 01 Mar 2011 - 18:42
shok ...

Many thanks for the info - sadly, that the writers took so long for what would begin to make a quality product.

Will be completely inhumane to finish the series on a similar moment - (((

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

Message edited by Granite - Tuesday, 01 Mar 2011, 19:09

KrelleK Post # 12 | Tuesday, 01 Mar 2011 - 23:44
Quote (michelangelo)
Back to Razer :
The "A" story was really not interesting : the way to pull Vince Family into this was rushed, the gang war we didn't know about was rushed, Vince playing Razer was boring, so was the whole cake scene.
The most interesting part of the episode was Fleming dealing with Chess thanks to his doctor and Orwell's plunge into crazyness; though i don't like Summer Glau playing a loony once again.
In regard to Fleming and Orwell, this episode aks a lot of questions, for which i hope we will have some answers in the forthcoming online episode.

wow that stuff must really have hit some sore spots in Orwell-/Jaime-/Julia´s? psyke, she is pretty much gone back to Riverville in the aftershocks of her ordeal, I hope this online episode(is that the 10th?)is going to have Vince swoop in Guns blazing, erhh... I mean Cape swooshing to save her from this hell she has been caught in. biggrin

Message edited by KrelleK - Wednesday, 02 Mar 2011, 04:32

chrisdvanne_ Post # 13 | Wednesday, 02 Mar 2011 - 00:59
I think writers like to mess with Summer Glau's character because viewers do care for her : see what happened at the end of TSCC season one and season two. Summer has the ability to incarnate the character she's playing so that viewers would not want anything happen to her; writers know that and play with it, and with our nerves at the same time.

KrelleK Post # 14 | Wednesday, 02 Mar 2011 - 04:40
and what secret was it that the doc, told Chess but not Peter Flemming, did he tell Chess that Orwell is Jaime/Julia? and if so why, is doc a bad guy too, in some way, I mean Peter Said he had been a doc for a long while, actually since he was a child, is it possible that he too was the familly doc for Peter´s wife and Jaime/Julia?

Fermi Post # 15 | Wednesday, 02 Mar 2011 - 22:41
I updated the gallery with pictures from the episode. Not so many pictures though.

Still it was a good episode. I would watch a season 2 even if I was not a huge Summer fan.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape 1.09 Razer: Discussion thread (spoiler)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: