menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » What does the name ARK stands for ? (Let's review the possibilities)
What does the name ARK stands for ?
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Sunday, 13 Feb 2011 - 17:15
Group: Administrators
We have seen in the The secrets plans of Thomas Wheeler revealed ! that Ark corporation is double-sided just like Peter Fleming/Chess is, all this being connected to SIREN.
Warning : we have to be cautious with every plot coming from the Pilot because it was written one year ago and Thomas Wheeler has made changes since , abandoned some plots, find another...

About the name "ark" itself, let's review the possible explanations and if it's connected to the show :

1) The Ark of Covenant
The only connection with the show i can think of is Vince and Max mentioning the Wisdom of Solomon in 1.03 Kozmo; the reason is Solomon was the builder of Solomon's Temple, which housed The Ark of Covenant.

Vince : "Why don't we put the wisdom of solomon thing to rest?"
Max : "Either you wear the cape or the cape wears you. And those are solomon's last words."

But what would be the connection with Ark corporation? I'll pass.

2) Noah's Ark
To my knowledge, Noah was never mentioned on the show. The only vague allusion i can think of is Orwell hacking Vince's computer in the Pilot.
Orwell : "Guess you bought into the hype that Ark corporation will save us all". Save us all from what?

I like this one better but there is a lack of backing elements

We know for a fact that Thomas Wheeler is keen on mythologie and supernatural since he wrote his novel in 2005 (see the thread mentioned earlier); the novel deals with the possession of a missing artefact, the Book of Enoch. Enoch being the great-grandfather of Noah.

3) Arkham Asylum from Batman comic.
That would be Wheeler paying homage to Batman. As said in this thread, Peter Fleming himself suffers from MPD and his company itself has a hidden face. Why not? Don't forget that The Arkham Asylum is named after the fictional city of Arkham, Massachusetts, found in H.P. Lovecraft's stories. The same Lovecraft being one of the main character of Wheeler's 2005 novel (the other characters are Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - creator of Sherlock Holmes -, Harry Houdini - the magician- and voodoo queen Marie Laveau).

For me this one is the best possibility so far.

Another possibility would be the name of Wheeler's novel itself : it's called "The Arcanum", featuring the characters mentioned early, fighting together to save mankind.
Notice that the word "ARCANUM" is present on the cover of The Cape comic book that we see on the show (on top left or sometimes on top right of the cover page).

As you see, a lot of the inspiration for The Cape comes from his earlier work, namely the Akanum novel. I shall shortly create a thread with what should have been imo the twist of the season finale.

Tell me what you about these suggestions.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KrelleK Post # 2 | Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011 - 00:44
Group: Friends
Well OCP - represented the Omni Consumer Products Corp. in the Robocop movies

WY - Weyland Yutani Corporation in the aliens movies

are there not anything the ARK could stand for?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011 - 00:56
Group: Administrators
Quote (KrelleK)
Well OCP - represented the Omni Consumer Products Corp. in the Robocop movies

WY - Weyland Yutani Corporation in the aliens movies

are there not anything the ARK could stand for?

I don't think ARK stands for an acronym. But that's just me.
I'm waiting for Wheeler to reveal a decisive clue in the forthcoming episode.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » What does the name ARK stands for ? (Let's review the possibilities)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: