menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape Episodes
The Cape Episodes
chrisdvanne_ Post # 16 | Wednesday, 01 Dec 2010 - 01:26
Group: Administrators
Quote (Fermi)
here is episode descriptions from DTTC
spoiler warning
http://devotedfansnetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=934

Not much Summer Glau on this episodes sad

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Fermi Post # 17 | Wednesday, 01 Dec 2010 - 12:17
wow they already have a spoiler description for the 1.07 Ghosts of Palm City.
Orwell is mentioned in all descriptions except the Dice that does not mention her

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 18 | Saturday, 04 Dec 2010 - 15:16
More about Orwell's role in episode 1.07 :

chrisdvanne_ Post # 19 | Monday, 13 Dec 2010 - 23:20
Episode 1.08 of The Cape will be called "Beauty & the Lich"

Source : Spoilertv.com

We have heard of this new villain already : The Lich has a problem keeping his skin from rotting, so he has the appearance of a corpse. Zombies are trendy these days wink

The Lich was introduced (but not showed) in Episode 1.07 Ghosts of Palm City.

Is Orwell the "beauty" quoted in the title ? Maybe...

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 13 Dec 2010, 23:22

Fermi Post # 20 | Thursday, 23 Dec 2010 - 11:28
http://www.capesite.net/full-of....he-cape

apparently the second episode is called the tarot

WHEN A COP IS UNJUSTLY FRAMED FOR CRIMES, HE IS FORCED TO TEAM UP WITH CARNIVAL MISFITS AND TAKE ON A NEW IDENTITY, FIGHT CRIME AND WIN HIS FAMILY BACK — Fueled by a desire to reunite with his wife Dana (Jennifer Ferrin) and son Trip (Ryan Wynott), former police officer Vince Faraday (David Lyons) becomes “The Cape” — his son’s favorite comic book superhero — and takes the law into his own hands and to battle criminal forces that have overtaken Palm City. Faraday is joined by Max Malini (Keith David), the ringleader of a circus gang of bank robbers, who mentors Faraday and trains him to become “The Cape,” as well as investigative blogger Orwell (Summer Glau) who wages war on crime and corruption in Palm City. Together, they must battle Ark corporation billionaire Peter Fleming (James Frain) — The Cape’s nemesis — who moonlights as the twisted killer “Chess.” Also starring are Vinnie Jones (as Scales), Martin Klebba (Rollo), Dorian Missick (Marty), Izabella Mike (Raia) and Anil Kumar (Ruvi).

And here’s the description for Episode 2, which is called “Tarot…”

WHEN ARK CORPORATION THREATENS TO PRIVATIZE PALM CITY’S PRISONS, THE CAPE MUST FIND A WAY TO STOP THEM BEFORE THINGS TURN DEADLY — The Cape (David Lyons) must battle Chess (James Frain) and his latest accomplice Cain — a/k/a Chef (guest star Raza Jaffrey) — as they try to take down the Patrick Portman (guest star Richard Schiff), the Secretary for the Bureau of Prisons, in an attempt to take over Palm City’s jails. After narrowly escaping death, The Cape must rely on Orwell (Summer Glau), Max Malini (Keith David) and the circus gang to nurse him back to health and then help him save Patrick before it is too late. Also starring are Vinnie Jones (as Scales), Martin Klebba (Rollo), Dorian Missick (Marty), Izabella Mike (Raia) and Anil Kumar (Ruvi)

chrisdvanne_ Post # 21 | Thursday, 23 Dec 2010 - 16:50
Switching the episodes titles is a great way to promote The Cape.
Well played NBC!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 22 | Friday, 24 Dec 2010 - 17:01
Quote (Fermi)
Also starring are Vinnie Jones (as Scales), Martin Klebba (Rollo), Dorian Missick (Marty), Izabella Mike (Raia) and Anil Kumar (Ruvi)

Please someone inform NBC marketing department how to write Izabella Miko's name (with an "o") correctly.

Fermi Post # 23 | Wednesday, 05 Jan 2011 - 16:31
Quote (michelangelo)
Switching the episodes titles is a great way to promote The Cape.
Well played NBC!

The NBC Press Release for episode 3

"KOZMO"

01/17/2011 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Monday) : A FORMER ALLY THREATENS MAX MALINI AND HIS CREW, WHILE DANA FINDS OUT THERE WERE WITNESSES TO VINCE'S DISAPPEARANCE -- When Gregor Molotov (guest star Thomas Kretschmann), an old friend of Max Malini (Keith David), comes to town in search of who is in possession of the cape, Vince (David Lyons) must fight to save the people who took him in. Meanwhile, Dana (Jennifer Ferrin) is back to work in the public defender's office, where she encounters Palm City's corruption first hand. Peter Fleming (James Frain) and Marty Voyt (Dorian Missick) continue their tireless pursuit to find out Orwell's (Summer Glau) true identity.

Also starring: Ryan Wynott (Trip), Izabella Miko (Raia), Anil Kumar (Ruvi), Martin Klebba (Rollo), Vinnie Jones (Scales)

What happened with the dice and bluebeard?
seems like NBC is switching the order of the episodes

Fermi Post # 24 | Thursday, 06 Jan 2011 - 14:59
Episode 1.09 of The Cape will be called "Piece of Cake" and will feature a new villain named Pokerface who is described as a "ghoulish-looking thug dressed in a suit whose face is frozen in an expression of glum murderousness"

chrisdvanne_ Post # 25 | Thursday, 06 Jan 2011 - 23:28
I can hear from the other side of the Atlantic people saying that The Cape is a Batman ripp-off.

That's not necessary a bad thing but the show must build his own world and more important engaging characters.

Fermi Post # 26 | Friday, 07 Jan 2011 - 23:04
I need to rearrange the order of the episode guide again
"THE CAPE"

"SCALES ON A TRAIN"

01/24/2011 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Monday) : WHEN THE CAPE TIPS OFF SCALES, A BUSINESS PARTNER OF PETER FLEMING, THAT HE HAS BEEN DUPED, SCALES HEADS TO A PARTY TO GET REVENGE -- When "The Cape" (David Lyons) tips off Dominic Raoul -- aka Scales (Vinnie Jones) -- that Peter Fleming (James Frain) has been extorting money from him, Scales heads to a costume party on a train to confront Fleming. "The Cape" and Orwell (Summer Glau), also at the party, discover Max (Keith David) and the gang are going to heist the train, and Vince/The Cape is conflicted about what to do. Meanwhile, Dana (Jennifer Ferrin) and Trip (Ryan Wynott) must endure scrutiny and taunts while trying to deal with their loss.

Also starring: Guest star Richard Schiff (Patrick Portman), Martin Klebba (Rollo), Anil Kumar (Ruvi) and Izabella Miko (Raia).

chrisdvanne_ Post # 27 | Saturday, 08 Jan 2011 - 15:45
Thomas Wheeler about forthcoming episodes :

"Citizens of Palm City, the hour is upon us. Well, the two hours are upon us. Sunday at 9pm the wait is finally over and I can tell you we're pretty damn excited over here in the Cape universe. Not only am I very, very proud of the work of our cast and crew but I'm also proud of some of the advance praise that's come our way from the New York Times, LA Times, Variety, EW, AOL, the Boston Globe, New York Daily News, Chicago Sun Times, Howard Stern and on and on. By and large it seems to me people are embracing what we're trying to do here, which is create a living, breathing comic book world on TV, a costumed-crime-drama that is character driven and different from anything else out there right now.

And I want to personally thank everyone who has posted on this site or just checked us out. It was really heartening for me to see that early interest and enthusiasm. It really motivated me to deliver the best stories I could and trust me, there were terrific suggestions made that I took to heart, suggestions that impacted the show. Hopefully, you'll remain the frontline of a growing Cape army once everyone has a chance to see what we're up to.

And as a reward for being first let me give you the skinny on our CREATE-A-CAPE-VILLAIN-CONTEST. Come on, you know you have one. Even from when you were kids. Who was that super cool ass-kicker that you imagined in your very own comic book? Well, now that character can come to life on an episode of the Cape. Mine was Chess. Do you have the stuff to come up with someone that can go toe-to-toe with him? Or Scales? Submit your description and a sketch to the good folks at NBC.COM and follow the instructions and I'll check 'em out and pick the winner. Remember no superpowers. Or, at least, you better have a very good real world explanation. Beyond that let your imaginations run wild.

So let me give you a snapshot of where we stand in production: we are in the middle of shooting episode 8, the 2nd part of a wild 2-parter with an amazing guest cast that includes Glen Fitzgerald, Ileanna Douglas and Tom Noonan of X-Files fame, a story arc that has shocking revelations and long lasting implications for our dear Miss Orwell.

We're still working on FX shots for Episode 3 entitled Kozmo as well as posting episodes 4, 5, 6 and 7. Yikes. Lots to do still. Me and my brother just finished writing Episode 9 - a classic Vinnie Jones episode and certainly one of the more brutal episodes of the Cape we've written. Episode 10 is also going to be a real shocker. In fact there is a building intensity to the last several episodes that is really exciting. Major, major changes are afoot. No one is safe. And our initial conversations about a (knock on wood several times) 2nd season are even wilder.

So tell your friends, spread the word, set your TIVOs and grab your popcorn, sit back and enjoy the ride. Thanks again to everyone for their thoughts, questions, criticisms and comments. I read them all. We'll talk soon."

chrisdvanne_ Post # 28 | Monday, 10 Jan 2011 - 21:38
Casting call for episode 1.09 "Piece of Cake"

The Cape
Episode 1.09 is entitled 'Piece of Cake.'

The producers are looking for two additional roles, one possibly recurring: Lil'Z, a baby gangster, whos a mean skinny chatterbox, and associates himself with Scales.
Also, more interestingly is 'Scales Driver' is being case, a talkative, big personality. He's one of Scales longest serving allies and needs to look the part alongside Vinnie Jones.

Source : SpoilerTv.com

chrisdvanne_ Post # 29 | Tuesday, 11 Jan 2011 - 13:47
After its amazing two-hour premiere, The Cape continues with its adventures in episode 1.03. called "Kozmo" (Promo picts in Photo Gallery) airing Monday, 17th (09:00PM - 10:00PM.

Press Release for Kozmo :
01/17/2011 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Monday) : A FORMER ALLY THREATENS MAX MALINI AND HIS CREW, WHILE DANA FINDS OUT THERE WERE WITNESSES TO VINCE'S DISAPPEARANCE -- When Gregor Molotov (guest star Thomas Kretschmann), an old friend of Max Malini (Keith David), comes to town in search of who is in possession of the cape, Vince (David Lyons) must fight to save the people who took him in. Meanwhile, Dana (Jennifer Ferrin) is back to work in the public defender's office, where she encounters Palm City's corruption first hand. Peter Fleming (James Frain) and Marty Voyt (Dorian Missick) continue their tireless pursuit to find out Orwell's (Summer Glau) true identity.

Watch out for the preview video of The Cape Kozmo to be posted on this forum soon. Keep checking for it.

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 11 Jan 2011, 13:52

Fermi Post # 30 | Saturday, 15 Jan 2011 - 01:48
"DICE"

01/31/2011 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Monday) : THE CAPE FACES OFF AGAINST A YOUNG SAVANT WHO CHALLENGES THE FATE OF PALM CITY-- MENA SUVARI GUEST STARS –Peter Fleming -- aka Chess (James Frain) -- and the ARK Corporation prepare to unveil a special device that may alter the fate of Palm City. Tracey Jerrod -- aka Dice (guest star Mena Suvari), -- a young savant and inspiration for the device, emerges and targets Chess to avenge her father’s death. Realizing he must keep his enemy alive in order to fully destroy him, Vince -- aka The Cape (David Lyons) -- suddenly finds himself defending his archnemesis. With the help of Rollo (Martin Klebba), Ruvi (Anil Kumar), Raia (Izabella Mike) and Max (Keith David), Vince attempts to master new skills and also tries to accept how his choices will affect his wife, Dana (Jennifer Ferrin) and son, Trip (Ryan Wynott).

starring: Summer Glau (Orwell), Vinnie Jones (Scales) and Dorian Missick (Marty)

episode 5 will be the Dice

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape Episodes
Search: