menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape : Plots waiting for an answer
The Cape : Plots waiting for an answer
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Monday, 07 Feb 2011 - 14:09
Group: Administrators
The show will have only 10 episodes, as far as we know. But Thomas Wheeler had planed a 13 episodes season , which means a lot of questions won't be answered.
Tom Wheeler said : "The seeds of future plotlines will be planted along the way."
In this thread, id' like to list with you the plots that we were hinted in the aired episodes but for which we don't have an anwer yet and maybe won't have in the remaining episodes.

Put here all the questions you would like to ask Tom Wheeler, wether it's about an overarching story or a minor plot.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 07 Feb 2011, 21:37

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2 | Monday, 07 Feb 2011 - 18:22
I start :

Will we learn more about the L-9 explosive that killed the Chief in the pilot ? Or was it there only to give us a cool fx scene ?
Orwell said in Pilot : "super-expanding chemical explosive, officially doesn't exist"

We'll talk about L-9 later on this thread, because i have a scoop on one of the biggest mystery on the show.

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 07 Feb 2011, 19:06

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Monday, 07 Feb 2011 - 19:45
At least we got closure for this one :
Raia said in 1.05 : "Ho, i miss Lollipop. He got hit by a car". Rest in peace Lollipop...

Wait a minute, did Raia said "He" about the racoon and his name his Lollipop. Hum, male or female? And will Raia put on a mask and a spandex costume in order to find the car who hit Lollipop and avenge his/her death?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 4 | Monday, 07 Feb 2011 - 21:18
Even Vince Faraday has a dark side. After being poisoned by Cain and while being between life and death, he remembered a conversation with his wife Dana.
He told in episode 1.02 Tarot : "At war i couldn't be Vince Faraday. I was someone else. Someone you probably wouldn't like."

I'm afraid we won't see that someone else.

KrelleK Post # 5 | Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011 - 01:26
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
Even Vince Faraday has a dark side. After being poisoned by Cain and while being between life and death, he remembered a conversation with his wife Dana.
He told in episode 1.02 Tarot : "At war i couldn't be Vince Faraday. I was someone else. Someone you probably wouldn't like."

I'm afraid we won't see that someone else.

perhaps we do not want to see that other half, just kidding, maybe we have seen small portions of this other, "person" when/while he is the cape, or right before he became the cape biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 6 | Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011 - 09:28
Quote (KrelleK)
perhaps we do not want to see that other half, just kidding, maybe we have seen small portions of this other, "person" when/while he is the cape, or right before he became the cape biggrin

That's right, when Vince decided to become The Cape, he had to go undercover just like when he went on a military mission. And then we had a glimpse of the rage that's inside him, only amplified by the cape itself, at the beginning of Kozmo during the scene on the bridge. He was ready to kill the Ark guard.

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011, 09:28

KrelleK Post # 7 | Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011 - 13:20
Quote (michelangelo)
That's right, when Vince decided to become The Cape, he had to go undercover just like when he went on a military mission. And then we had a glimpse of the rage that's inside him, only amplified by the cape itself, at the beginning of Kozmo during the scene on the bridge. He was ready to kill the Ark guard

Yeah there at the beginning, it did not seem like he was thinking in a way to get Peter/Chess for a trial, more like just vengeance, at the point he is talking with Max about the cape

chrisdvanne_ Post # 8 | Saturday, 07 May 2011 - 08:40
Hey, i hope you have not forgotten that tv disaster they called The Cape (i think i must be one of the few that actually liked it).

If you have followed The Cape's adventures on the wiki, you know i'm a firm believer that someone that was a friend to the Cape would become one of his enemies, the natural candidates being Max or Orwell.
The last episodes of The Cape revealed clearly new elements to that regard; for example we learned that something was wrong with Orwell (Jaimie, Julia or whoever) and that her evil (me guessing) Chimera was coming on the surface, just like Chess begins to overcome Peter Fleming.

I had spotted a few weeks ago an article on Io9 that hints the process of going from best friend to arch enemy (think to Spider-Man or Smallville); this is called "10 Signs That Your Best Friend is Preparing to become Your Arch Nemesis" and we can link a few points to The Cape/Orwell.

10) Your best friend starts dating the person you're in love with

Well, that would mean Orwell starts dating Dana (Vince's wife) in this case, which is absurd. But you can't deny that their is a love triangle going on with these three and Orwell feels attracted to Vince whereas he sees only his wife.
Did i mention the subplot with Dana's boss to complicate things?

9) Your best friend is way rich

We still don't know where Orwell's fancy cars or clothes comes from but obviously Orwell does not run out of money.

8) Your best friend has an over-bearing/insane father.

Bingo!
Or maybe you think Chess is not crazy.
Add to this that The Cape and Peter Fleming are arch enemys. If by chance The Cape kills or take to jail Fleming, there is a great chance her evil daughter will succeed to her father (minus the Chess-shaped eyes).

6) You used to share everything, but suddenly your best friend seems to have a secret he's not telling you.

One cannot say that Vince and orwell shared evrything but they were clearly partner on the show; but on the last episodes, Orwell is hiding something to Vince (her descent into madness) and she doesn't tell him the truth when he offers him his help "I'm your friend".

3) Your best friend gets some sort of physical deformity

Does Summer's hotness on The Cape count as physical deformity/difference?

As a conclusion, i don't know what you think but i personally feel that Orwell fills enough criteria to make a serious candidate for The Cape season two Arch Nemesis.

These could also make good starting points for fanfiction ?

Have you seen my vision of Chimera i gave on a graphic for The Summer Glau Wiki Calendar?

Attachments: 4363389.jpg(131.8 Kb)

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 07 May 2011, 08:46

Blazius Post # 9 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 00:38
One question I want to be answered since Kozmo: When was Jamie imprisoned? And why?
Is it possible that her evil identity has already overpowered her once and she was imprisoned for her crimes? Maybe Chimera was a mass murderer psychopath much worse than even Chess!

And I have a feeling that her mysterious benefactor who gives her money has something to do with her escaping from prison and maybe he/she also helped her overcome her evil personality.

An episode with some flashbacks would have been nice to reveal these things. They could make a brilliant episode with a nice contrast of violent, brutal Chimera scenes and dramatic, sad Jamie scenes played by the the brilliant Summer Glau!

The story had so much potential but they totally wasted it.....

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 10 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 00:51
I think you got it wrong Blazius.
When Kozmo told Julia (the name we knew at this time) she was imprisonned too, it must be taken in a figurative sens, not literary.
This is a clear reference to her childhood with her father, Peter Fleming. Jaimie and probably her mother suffered from Fleming's behaviour even if we don't know exactly what form this imprisonnement had. Was it only mental or also physical?

At this stage, the show left a lot of question unanswered and we have not enough hints to be able to answer them.

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 09 May 2011, 00:54

Blazius Post # 11 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 01:32
Quote (michelangelo)
When Kozmo told Julia (the name we knew at this time) she was imprisonned too, it must be taken in a figurative sens, not literary.

Thank you for explaining smile

Quote (michelangelo)
At this stage, the show left a lot of question unanswered and we have not enough hints to be able to answer them.

Yeah, that is the sad part because I loved the lore and I think there were a lot of possibility to do a few great episodes with it but I must admit that there were serious problems with the execution of the episodes themselves, thats why I'm saying that the potential was wasted.

Is there a possibility that the producers of the Cape tell us what they planned for the following seasons like after TSCC its producers told us that they wanted to continue it in the future?

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 12 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 09:54
Quote (Blazius)
Is there a possibility that the producers of the Cape tell us what they planned for the following seasons like after TSCC its producers told us that they wanted to continue it in the future?

Same answer as for TSCC : ZERO CHANCE.

Josh Friedmann said he has turned the page and revealed nothing about its idea for TSCC season 3. Actors and executive-producers gave a few hints but not much (they cannot do it by contract).

Quote (Edward Miller, writter for TSCC)
Josh Friedmann also had an idea for a Cameron episode that would have been amazing. AMAZING. If you ask nicely and beg a little bit, I'm sure he will absolutely refuse to talk about it.

Quote (michelangelo, some member of this wiki)
One could think Josh Friedman does not want to hint the fans about season 3 because he still believes a continuation is possible and doesn't want secrets to be disclosed!

Alas this is never the case when it comes to showrunners and writers. I have already explained on the Wiki Forum that showrunners don't give spoilers because they don't want want to waste good writing material by giving it to the fans or others showrunners. They want to keep it for a potential similar work.

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 09 May 2011, 09:55

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape : Plots waiting for an answer
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: