menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape cancelled, season cut short
The Cape cancelled, season cut short
Chief Post # 46 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 00:27
Group: Users
Quote (michelangelo)
Toni Graphia and Summer Glau are an awesome pair.

I agree! biggrin

I don't watch a lot of shows on the main networks anymore because so many shows get cancelled so quickly. If I'm watching a show on one of the main networks (NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX), it's because Summer's in it. lol

"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

Fermi Post # 47 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 00:48
Group: Administrators
Quote (Chief)
If I'm watching a show on one of the main networks (NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX), it's because Summer's in it. lol

me too

You can't stop the signal!

john121984 Post # 48 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 01:10
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
Only this season?
For me it goes on for years, Smallville being the exception to the rule. I went to the funeral of Surface, Invasion, TSCC, Caprica...and now The Cape
As you can see i like scifi, but networks and Nielsen families don't.

I meant to say every new show I'm watching this season. there have been alot shows over the years that were cancelled that I liked those you named were some of them especially TSCC , it still kills me to watch fox after what happened with TSCC. You are right about the networks and nielsen families not liking scifi they like the same old crap thats been done for years, the same old cop and lawyer type shows thats been done and redone year after year and those American idol type talent shows. Scifi type shows have a hard time lasting on the so called big 4 tv networks ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX. It looks like NBC is going to cancel The Cape and ABC is probably going to cancel V.If supernatural and smallville were on one of those four networks they might not have lasted as long as they have and their both really good shows, it helps them that they are on the network they are the CW. I like some of the cop and lawyer shows out there, there's just alot of them out there sometimes that gets boring.

Message edited by john121984 - Saturday, 05 Feb 2011, 01:53

chrisdvanne_ Post # 49 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 01:23
@ Fermi & Chief

Why is it you have a "signature" under your comment and i don't?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Chief Post # 50 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 01:28
Don't know. I put that as my signature when I filled out my profile when I first registered here. Same with my avy.

Fermi Post # 51 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 01:52
Quote (michelangelo)
Why is it you have a "signature" under your comment and i don't?

click "Edit user details" in your profile page and then edit "Your signature"

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 52 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 14:09
Quote (Chief)
This means we won't be getting a proper ending to the series.

Probably, because they were finalising episode 10 as the cut in episodes order came and i don't see how they could put some answers in such little shooting time.
I don't know the deal between NBC and the show producers and if NBC would benefits from a DVD release. All i know is having the last 3 episodes filmed (and unaired) would have made an eventual Season 1 DVD release much more attractive for the fans.

KrelleK Post # 53 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 20:53
Quote (michelangelo)
@Krellek
I just guessed "end of Chess arc-story"; that does'nt automatically means Vince is cleared for the Chess murder. As is said, i leave the forthcoming plots to other's imagination.
For me, a season of The Cape is similar to one Batman movie : Vince/Batman fights a supervillain called Chess/The Joker.
Then on season 2/Batman 2, another supervillain is introduced for the main arc-story; it was The penguin for Batman Returns and it could be The Lich or Bluebeard or Tarot organization for The Cape season 2.

smile

KrelleK Post # 54 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 20:57
Quote (michelangelo)
Probably, because they were finalising episode 10 as the cut in episodes order came and i don't see how they could put some answers in such little shooting time.
I don't know the deal between NBC and the show producers and if NBC would benefits from a DVD release. All i know is having the last 3 episodes filmed (and unaired) would have made an eventual Season 1 DVD release much more attractive for the fans.

perhaps we could fight those three episodes to be made for the DVD, not a big chance, I know sad but just a thought smile hopes the last episodes are greath a gets some hopefully greath viewer-numbers, so they have to think it over one more time wink wink wink

Message edited by KrelleK - Saturday, 05 Feb 2011, 20:59

chrisdvanne_ Post # 55 | Sunday, 06 Feb 2011 - 00:57
The quality of the show is growing and i'd like the ratings to do the same; this is the only way to have those three remaining episodes produced.
I don't believe a Dollhouse-like scenario is possible because Dollhouse was cheaper to produce than The Cape. The Cape is shooting partly on outdoor in L.A., there is a FX...

chrisdvanne_ Post # 56 | Sunday, 06 Feb 2011 - 01:13
Quote (Fermi)
Morena Baccarin is on that list also Jessica Lucas, Cobie Smulders and Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Summer is speculated to be the fifth actress

It seems Cobie Smulders is ahead.

Quote (Deadline.com)
How I Met Your Mother star Cobie Smulders has emerged as the front runner for the role of SHIELD Agent Maria Hill in the Joss Whedon-directed The Avengers and a deal could be done before the weekend is out.

Don't worry Summer, you'll have your time sooner or later!

Edit : in the future, i will avoid posting about Summer's future work in this thread.

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 06 Feb 2011, 08:10

Charley_Dixon Post # 57 | Sunday, 06 Feb 2011 - 01:15
Quote (Chief)
Apparently Toni Graphia wrote 108

Toni Graphia wrote:
107 - The Demon Hand
204 - Allison from Palmdale
211 - Self Made Man
221 - Adam Raised a Cain
which makes her the best TSCC writer, IMHO.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 58 | Sunday, 06 Feb 2011 - 08:55
I was wondering before if The Cape could get the Wednesday 9pm timeslot freed by Chase once The Event comes back : that won't happen because NBC has pulled Chase off the schedule and replaced it with a non-scripted program "Minute to win". And there won't be unaired episodes of The Cape anyway , since all 10 filmed episodes will air.

In addition, NBC has released actors from previously planned midseason show "Love Bites" to pursue other projects. (Source : EW.com)

My point here is that, technically, actors from The Cape are not free to move to others projects because they're still under contract with NBC. It's a shame because the networks are picking up new Pilots for Fall 2011 as we speak.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 59 | Sunday, 06 Feb 2011 - 09:41
@Fermi : you should change the thread's name because it may be confusing. The show is NOT cancelled.

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 06 Feb 2011, 19:55

Chief Post # 60 | Sunday, 06 Feb 2011 - 19:09
The difference is Chase was pulled off the air completely, and it doesn't sound like Love Bites is even going to premiere. It keeps getting pushed back and its order was cut from 13 episodes to 9. NBC may decide to just junk that show altogether.

Meanwhile, The Cape still has five episodes to air. NBC may not have come out and officially said the show is cancelled, but the chances of it being renewed for a second season are incredibly slim. Especially considering where the show is right now. 5 million viewers, 1.5 rating, and we've seen a drop each week. The numbers have yet to level out.

Message edited by Chief - Sunday, 06 Feb 2011, 19:17

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape cancelled, season cut short
Search: