menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape cancelled, season cut short
The Cape cancelled, season cut short
Fermi Post # 31 | Thursday, 03 Feb 2011 - 21:37
Group: Administrators
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
Exactly. I think this makes her available for The Avengers. I hope Joss Whedon will not miss this chance.

Samuel L. Jackson said that he would be meeting with five actresses tomorrow for a sidekick position:

http://upandcomers.net/2011....vengers

Morena Baccarin is on that list also Jessica Lucas, Cobie Smulders and Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Summer is speculated to be the fifth actress

You can't stop the signal!

Granite Post # 32 | Thursday, 03 Feb 2011 - 22:01
Group: Friends
it would be great for the Summer ... But even more - for itself "Avengers" smile

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 33 | Thursday, 03 Feb 2011 - 23:27
Whedon's Avengers is one of the most awaited movie; if Summer had to be cast it would be a great addition to the movie.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Chief Post # 34 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 06:40
Group: Users
Someone just inadvertently pointed something out to me. A certain fan thinks the last three episodes are Orwell-centric because Tom said at SDCC in July that Orwell has a complicated family history, and we'd learn more about it in the last three episodes. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they'd mainly focus on Orwell. After all, Peter Fleming is Orwell's father. That was revealed in 103. And according to SpoilerTV, episode 111 is titled A Game of Chess, and it says: "The episode sounds very Chess related, he gets to have a "romp" with sexy twins." That to me sounds like it'd focus more on Fleming than Orwell.

Like I said, I'm going to take a wait and see approach to this before I get upset. There's no conclusive evidence yet that proves the last 3 episodes would focus on Orwell.

Besides, so much has changed since the early days. I mean, 102 was supposed to have a villain named Blue Beard, and 103 was supposed to have a creepy treasure hunt, etc.

"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

Message edited by Chief - Friday, 04 Feb 2011, 07:02

Fermi Post # 35 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 11:14
I heard it was a episode titled "Cape's Day Off" that does not sound Orwell-centric at all or was that episode also changed.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 36 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 11:50
The only one who has the answer about the never-to-be-produced episodes 11 ,12 and 13 is Thomas Wheeler himself. We don't know if he will reveal the awaiting fans what he had in mind (remember Josh Friedman saying he will let "the third season of TSCC to the imagination of the fans" angry ).

At this stage, we can only make guesses; that is why i don't comment on those episodes outside of this wiki (RSH made the mistake on Tvbythenumbers).

My guess is that the last episodes would have ended the Chess arc-story; probably not by killing him but by puting him in jail. It would have freed the way for another season-long arc-story with a new super villain. Of course Owell would have been affected by this; to what extend is left to the imagination of fan fiction writers.

KrelleK Post # 37 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 12:06
Quote (michelangelo)
The only one who has the answer about the never-to-be-produced episodes 11 ,12 and 13 is Thomas Wheeler himself. We don't know if he will reveal the awaiting fans what he had in mind (remember Josh Friedman saying he will let "the third season of TSCC to the imagination of the fans" ).
At this stage, we can only make guesses; that is why i don't comment on those episodes outside of this wiki (RSH made the mistake on Tvbythenumbers).
My guess is that the last episodes would have ended the Chess arc-story; probably not by killing him but by puting him in jail. It would have freed the way for another season-long arc-story with a new super villain. Of course Owell would have been affected by this; to what extend is left to the imagination of fan fiction writers.

not sure, but if Vince and Orwell/Julia? got Peter F/Chess/Daddy sat behind bars and Vince cleared for the Chess murders, what would happen to the Cape then, would Vince and Orwell still be able to work as Cape/Orwell without endangering the Vinces familly. could it be that it would end with teary scene with Dana and Trip telling him they love him and all, but that Palm city and Julia still needs the Vince/cape, little in thee way of how batman begins end, where that Lawyergirl/childhood friend says something about his real face is now the one that scares the criminals, that his face is actually the mask, that her Bruce Wayne never returned.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 38 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 13:34
@Krellek

I just guessed "end of Chess arc-story"; that does'nt automatically means Vince is cleared for the Chess murder. As is said, i leave the forthcoming plots to other's imagination.

For me, a season of The Cape is similar to one Batman movie : Vince/Batman fights a supervillain called Chess/The Joker.
Then on season 2/Batman 2, another supervillain is introduced for the main arc-story; it was The penguin for Batman Returns and it could be The Lich or Bluebeard or Tarot organization for The Cape season 2.

Chief Post # 39 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 21:20
Well, according to the press release for 108, we get to learn about Orwell, though it sucks what happens to her. sad

"(1.08) “THE LICH, PART 2″
THE CAPE MUST RELY ON DANA TO HELP RESCUE ORWELL FROM THE LICH–The Cape (David Lyons), Max (Keith David) and Rollo (Martin Klebba) are forced to rely on Dana’s (Jennifer Ferrin) legal connections to help them discover The Lich’s whereabouts. Heavily entranced by Conrad Chandler’s (The Lich) potent serum, Orwell (Summer Glau) struggles to fight off the physiological and mental effects of the strong dose. Meanwhile, Netta’s (guest star Illeana Douglas) strange loyalty to The Lich is clarified. In a sedated, weak state, Orwell drifts between reality and fantasy sequences, which slowly reveal her history and past.
Also starring James Frain (Peter Fleming), Ryan Wynott (Trip), Anil Kumar (Ruvi), Vinnie Jones (Scales) and Izabella Miko (Raia)."

Message edited by Chief - Friday, 04 Feb 2011, 21:22

chrisdvanne_ Post # 40 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 22:29
At least Orwell's backstory won't be revealed throughout misplaced flashbacks, but integrated in the story itself (i don't know if i'm clear here).
It sounds ambitious; i hope the director of the episode did it well. I woulnd' like the writers or the director wasting Orwell's character like they did with the kid so far.

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 05 Feb 2011, 16:08

Fermi Post # 41 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 22:32
I'm looking forward to see this episode.

Chief Post # 42 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 22:56
Apparently Toni Graphia wrote 108, so I have high hopes for it. She also wrote Allison from Palmdale and Self-Made Man, which were great Cameron eps. smile

john121984 Post # 43 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 23:20
Quote (Chief)
I'm shaking I'm so angry right now...
http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/nbc-cuts-back-order-for-the-cape/
Edit: This means we won't be getting a proper ending to the series.

This sucks every show I'm watching this season is probably going to be cancelled. Hopefully we will get to see Summer back on tv and in the movies soon.

Message edited by john121984 - Friday, 04 Feb 2011, 23:21

chrisdvanne_ Post # 44 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 23:21
Quote (Chief)
Apparently Toni Graphia wrote 108, so I have high hopes for it. She also wrote Allison from Palmdale and Self-Made Man, which were great Cameron eps.

Thanks for the info! Toni Graphia and Summer Glau are an awesome pair.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 45 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 23:43
Quote (john121984)
This sucks every show I'm watching this season is probably going to be cancelled.

Only this season?
For me it goes on for years, Smallville being the exception to the rule. I went to the funeral of Surface, Invasion, TSCC, Caprica...and now The Cape sad

As you can see i like scifi, but networks and Nielsen families don't.

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 04 Feb 2011, 23:44

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape cancelled, season cut short
Search: