To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By Admirator

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 212»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Blog post about Summer's feet. (Or rather River's feet.)
Blog post about Summer's feet.
Date: Wednesday, 2012 Dec 26, 17:33 GMT | Message # 1

Friends

http://soledad-footnotes.blogspot.com/2010....ng.html

I'll admit I was always disappointed that River spent much of the film barefoot (save for beginning and end), but in retrospect it makes sense (she'd need boots on for all the physical fight scenes that would come later in the film).

His initial ranting of "Serenity" as a whole is bothersome though. He claims the film doesn't explain what the plot is, and seems to only expect fans to know. Well (a). DUH!, and (b). I thought they explained fairly well the storyline of "Firefly" in the first 5 minutes okay, and River's role was explained fairly well in the first 10. Usually when critics say things like this, they're obviously not paying any attention to the film at all.

"In fact, after her first scene she puts shoes on and stays that way for the rest of the movie."

Not true at all. After the sequence where Simon rescues River, she remains barefoot long after that. She's barefoot the whole heist sequence, so she's barefoot like the first 20 minutes of the film. She's also barefoot at the end when she flies the ship.

EDIT: Took out a section to make post less creepy.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

Message edited by riversfeet - Thursday, 2012 Dec 27, 07:39

Date: Thursday, 2012 Dec 27, 07:18 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

okay...not to be bashing about this thread, but...I am really sorry to say this, but that just creeps the crap out of me. It sounds like somesort of cyberstalking...
I think that Summer probably would be creeped out if she read this. Just my opinon.

Date: Thursday, 2012 Dec 27, 10:51 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

@ Nomad79

Fans of Summer Glau show a large diversity in age, sex or reasons as to why they love the actress; some may even love Summer for her looks only and some only for her acting skills, but everyone is welcome here as long as they respect the rules of the Summer Glau Wiki (Read them here).
I'm not afraid of fanboyish comments made in the context of a fansite; passionate fans are needed to keep the fandom alive.

Yes, riversfeet has developped a foot-fetish (i guess it's Josh Whedon's fault tongue ); it is not a problem as long as he is respectful of Summer and her privacy; a lot of things posted in a fansite are supposed to be incredibly over the top, to the point of being creepy, often for comedic effect.

riversfeet and a few other passsionate fanboys have met Summer at conventions and have posted their photos and reports of their meeting with her; EACH TIME it appears that they're VERY RESPECTFUL of Summer. If someone judgment is confused by his passion to the point of not being able to behave when talking about Summer or when meeting her, then this individual has to be moderated. This is not the case here.

May i remind you that TSCC fans bashed her and her former boyfriend a few years ago (and still do, as proven by the recent events in the TSCC Wikis), to the point the poor guy had to release an explanation letter. These "fans" have a cloudy judgment and deserves to be called creepy. I let you imagine the impact on Summer's vision of the fandom when she realised how these people interfered with her private life and made ungrounded assumptions on her and her boyfriend.
I do not see that in riversfeet message.

I suggest you visit Emma Watson or Olivia Wilde fan forums and you will see what creepy means; mods had to establish anti-creepy rules like this one :
Please avoid creepy titles. Examples of bad titles: "Dat ass", "What a sexy body", "O Face". Examples of good titles: "That Awards Show 2012", "On the set of some movie". Or use this rule of thumb: If it's not something you'd say about your mother, don't use it as a title.

There's probably many things here that Summer would not appreciate but this site is not an official site and doesn't try to appear as such.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 2012 Dec 27, 17:39 GMT | Message # 4

Site Admin

There is nothing about this thread that violate our rules. I agree with chrisdvanne on this.

You can't stop the signal!

Date: Friday, 2012 Dec 28, 02:20 GMT | Message # 5

Friends

yeah I'll agree with both of you on that fact. This is just a fan site, and not official.

I'm in no way at all bashing riversfeet or the thread, just voicing some concern after the crap going on at the other wiki.

People should be able to post what they want as long as it remains in lines with the rules.

The TSCC wiki has just completely broken down after TSCC was canceled and FOX withdrew the name, but even before then the 'crazyfans' had thier moments.
There's new posts going on about this thread over at the other wiki.

Some people need to get a life...

Date: Friday, 2012 Dec 28, 06:39 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

What *is* the other wiki exactly?

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

Date: Friday, 2012 Dec 28, 07:25 GMT | Message # 7

Friends

The TSCC red or blue wiki, what ever it's called now...

Message edited by Fermi - Saturday, 2013 Apr 13, 20:23

Date: Friday, 2012 Dec 28, 07:29 GMT | Message # 8

Friends

edit:

look at the later pages of the Official Summer Glau App Page
Fermi created the thread a couple of years ago and laid down the ground rules...it was good at first but after the cancelation of TSCC, things went haywire, and the trolls were let loose.

They only have one admin now after the ones that actually moderated it left. Fermi did a hell of a job when he was on there, so did Russ.

Date: Friday, 2012 Dec 28, 21:22 GMT | Message # 9

Friends

Yes, riversfeet has developped a foot-fetish (i guess it's Josh Whedon's fault tongue )

Well, I don't put the blame entirely on him. I guess I could say it *is* his fault for me liking *Summer's feet*.

Honestly, I put full blame on the Disney Company.

Date: Friday, 2013 Feb 01, 13:38 GMT | Message # 10

Friends

Hi folks,

Soledad here.  I'm the author of the blog linked in the OP, and I found this site (and this thread) by looking at my blog's referral history.  I was intrigued that some of my writing on a particular actress "broke out" into the fandom for that actress, so I came over here to see what was up.

I was a little concerned at the "creepy" comments; I couldn't tell whether they were directed at something riversfeet said about my post, or about my post itself.  I also went over to the other wiki looking for the comments that were supposedly there, and didn't find any.  I've always tried to be very mindful of how what I've written comes across to people, so if someone took something I said in a way other than I intended, I welcome the opportunity to set things straight.

And speaking of which, riversfeet, I am open to criticism or feedback of any kind with regards to my posts.  At the very least, it shows me that people are reading what I have to say and care enough about it to comment.  It's kinda hard, however, to do that when the commentary takes place somewhere that I'll never see it.  I would have liked for you to bring your criticisms to me directly so that I could ponder them and either do a followup, or engage you directly so that we could discuss it.

Which, by the way, I've done.  I no longer write on Blogspot; my new blog is at Wordpress and you can read the latest entry on Serenity at http://soledadca.wordpress.com/2013....us-feet

My original entry was never intended as a knock against Ms. Glau in any way, and I hope no one took it as such; it was more of a bemused, self-aware comment over the fact that I was cranky over not liking a movie because there wasn't enough fanservice. Indeed, the opening of the post spelled this out by explaining how foot fetishists are incapable of viewing anything in a non-foot-fetish context, and here I was doing just that; watching a movie that I shouldn't have been watching (having not seen the TV show) and being annoyed that the fanservice wasn't up to snuff. I mean, there's gotta be a reason River Tam's feet have this cult-like thing goin' on, and it can't just be because of the one or two brief clips that come up on YouTube when I Googled it, right? Again, that goes back to foot folks making a big deal out of nothing, which was the whole point of the post. I was poking fun at us as a group and myself in particular, but I guess that bit was lost. Admittedly, it was kinda meta.

Anyway, I fully intend to watch Serenity again after having watched Firefly, which I'll get around to doing eventually. I expect it'll be a much better experience then.

And as for Summer? Well, if you think about it, my biggest criticism about her (and, by extension, her feet) was that there wasn't enough of her (or them). Always leave 'em wanting more, that's the way to do it.

Cheers,
Arch "Soledad" Hunter

Date: Friday, 2013 Feb 01, 13:53 GMT | Message # 11

Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback and for your interest for Summer Glau!

Don't worry, the so called "creepy comments" were not directed at you; haters of all things Summer Glau (in other sites, not here of course) have simply taken that as an excuse to bash Summer Glau fans. I don't think it's necessary to comment any further on that and give them the publicity that every troll is looking for; i have already answered in message #3.

I have not read your blogposts in detail but i have not seen something that was disrespespectful towards Summer Glau herself; more, everyone is free to blog about a character she played (River in this case) and focus on a particular aspect. If one wants to answer to your blogpost, i invite him to do it directly in your blog as you requested.

Date: Friday, 2013 Feb 01, 14:20 GMT | Message # 12

Friends

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the clarification. smile And while I understand your point about not giving publicity to trolls, one of the topics I blog about fairly regularly is the perception/treatment of foot fetishists by vanilla folks, especially mainstream media. If you have any links to the kind of bashing you describe, I'd be interested in reading it for my research. You can E-mail them to me at archhunter@rocketmail.com if you don't want to publicize them.

Regards,
Soledad

Date: Friday, 2013 Feb 01, 15:25 GMT | Message # 13

Writer

Quote (Nomad79)
The TSCC red or blue wiki, what ever it's called now...

That wiki is commonly known as the blue wiki. It presently has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Though when it was launched in October 2009, it was very good and I enjoyed it well into 2010. Back then I could see the first tel-tale threads that would lead into wiki becoming what it is now. A home for trolls, and haters of all opinions and ideas that goes against their own little collective. I miss the old days on the blue, but all the good people were driven off.

The original wiki, http://www.sarahconnorfans.com, is referred to as the red wiki. The use of colors when referring to the sites is based on the color themes used when the sites were developed. They are not the only wikis associated with TSCC. There is also the Clan wiki, http://sarahconnorclan.wetpaint.com. That one hasn't had activity in several weeks, but information regarding the show is very well organized. I believe at one time it was referred to as the Black wiki, but I'm not sure. There is a fourth wiki that I know of, but I don't have the address for it.

Sorry to interrupt the current conversation, but seeing the comments regarding the wikis, I thought it necessary to clarify the whole color reference. If management of this site finds any of my opinions inflammatory I will be glad to edit or remove them.

Take Back the Future! Save Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Feb 13, 23:15 GMT | Message # 14

Site Admin

Here's one for riversfeet and his disciples wink

Serenity Screening

Read more about the circumstances surrounding this picture in the Blogpost: Serenity screening introduced by Summer at Supanova 2006

Date: Sunday, 2013 Feb 17, 02:29 GMT | Message # 15

Friends

Here's another photo for Riversfeet wink

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Blog post about Summer's feet. (Or rather River's feet.)
Page 1 of 212»
Search: