Latest Photos

Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!

New messages Members Forum rules Search

Page 6 of 9«12456789»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Save TSCC (involves Summer :P) (save TSCC video I made)
Save TSCC (involves Summer :P)
Date: Thursday, 14 Mar 2013, 00:06 GMT | Message # 76

Site Admin

'Veronica Mars' fans have launched a Kickstarter project today in order to revive the serie.

The goal is to get $2,000,000 by April 12 but they have already pledged more than $1, 500,000 in one day, which is amazing!!

The original actors support the project, have filmed a video and even Warner Bros haven given their agreement.

Read more: The Veronica Mars Movie Project by Rob Thomas

That said, don't think for a minute it will work for TSCC; the only TSCC fans are you, me and a bunch of haters of all things Summer Glau spread on several TSCC wikis. And i won't even mention the rights issues.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 14 Mar 2013, 00:56 GMT | Message # 77

Friends

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

Date: Thursday, 14 Mar 2013, 02:16 GMT | Message # 78

Writer

Quote (chrisdvanne)
'Veronica Mars' fans have launched a Kickstarter project today in order to revive the serie.

The goal is to get $2,000,000 by April 12 but they have already pledged more than $1, 500,000 in one day, which is amazing!!

The original actors support the project, have filmed a video and even Warner Bros haven given their agreement.

Read more: The Veronica Mars Movie Project by Rob Thomas

That said, don't think for a minute it will work for TSCC; the only TSCC fans are you, me and a bunch of haters of all things Summer Glau spread on several TSCC wikis. And i won't even mention the rights issues.

That being said, all the good true fans of TSCC left the wikis and other fan sites two, maybe even three, years ago. Which is why we hope to use the conventions to reach out to fans this summer. So many of them probably aren't even aware of how Annapurna finalizing its deal with Pacificor could be good news for TSCC. Annapurna has control over all things Terminator, WB owns all things inclusive to TSCC, get them together with a possible distributor, and Bob's your uncle, we have a continuation. Unfortunately at this time the fan base is small and getting the word out is difficult. A team is only as good as the size and strength of its members.

I at least want to say that when the terminator rights were settled, I tried to bring it back. Better to try and fail than never to have tried at all. I'm only going to do this until the end of TSCC's five year anniversary, April or May 2014. If nothing has happened by then to spur me onwards, then I'm done. I'm not asking anyone to do it longer than
that. If you want to help in any way, you are welcome to join us, if you don't wish to help us, then kindly don't interfere.

For every 'fan' sitting on the sidelines yelling its never going to happen, two or three could be turned away because of their negativity. As I see it, if you call yourself a fan of something, you should be actively trying, otherwise you aren't a fan at all. Realistically we know we may not succeed. We don't need to be told that everyday on twitter. The worst of the naysayers keep countering our efforts by tweeting that a TSCC continuation won't happen.

Well maybe we won't get the TSCC continuation from WB, Josh Friedman and the others we want or need, but it sure as hell won't be because I, and those who feel as I do, didn't try to make it happen! The football team that sits out a season will never win a game, but if they get out there on the field, then they have the potential of winning the championship. I think it might be worth a few injuries if we end up holding the trophy, but I sure as hell won't be crying in the locker room if we lose very game.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Thursday, 14 Mar 2013, 02:18

Date: Thursday, 14 Mar 2013, 10:35 GMT | Message # 79

Site Admin

Quote (The1Russter)
I at least want to say that when the terminator rights were settled, I tried to bring it back. Better to try and fail than never to have tried at all.

Fermi, Charley had also a dream when they started this fan site and i think it's quite safe to say they suceeded in making this dream a success; i'm proud i contributed to this success.
As I've said many times, i admire those like you who have the courage to undertake a project; that I don't support your project does not mean i don't want it to succeed. Please accept my apologies if my rant at some TSCC fans took the better of me and is on your way.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 14 Mar 2013, 18:57 GMT | Message # 80

Friends

8 sci-fi series we wish would use Kickstarter to come back to TV at blastr

TSCC and Firefly are on this list

This is Cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNu7pi9glR4
Save TSCC!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Pty7PD … r_embedded
Summer Glau a WuShu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BMqNYOyFU

Date: Friday, 15 Mar 2013, 01:06 GMT | Message # 81

Site Admin

While using Kickstarter seems to be an interesting idea I do not think it will work for TSCC because of those Terminator franchise rights things. WB and Annapurna Pictures do not look like someone who would need a Kickstarter for their projects. (Everyone is welcome to prove me wrong but only if you can really prove that.)

On the other hand I feel like we'll eventually have a Terminator TV show. The problem is that I'm not sure if it will be a TSCC continuation. They may decide to start over and create a completely new show. That's why I think it's important to let them know that we still want TSCC.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Date: Friday, 15 Mar 2013, 04:28 GMT | Message # 82

Friends

terminator the sarah connor chronicles. the second season ended with john poised to truly begin his journey towards becoming the last hope for humanity against skynet. we were cut off from this story just as it was getting great kickstarter could finally bring the robo-apocalypse back. biggrin all this plus more summer glau. hooray happy terminator tv show could be a possible but there is only one show that would work and that is TSCC. we all want it back. smile

Date: Saturday, 16 Mar 2013, 05:57 GMT | Message # 83

Friends

IGN posted a similar article. However, they're not as informed about the rights as we are. A nicer comment suggested to give it to AMC. While that's a good idea IMO I usually associate that channel with more "Darker" series like The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. Personally, TSCC doesn't seem that dark to me but I really wouldn't mind if it changed channels.

Date: Sunday, 17 Mar 2013, 03:40 GMT | Message # 84

Friends

AMC is not a bad idea seems to be working well with its shows i have often thought to myself why on earth cant TSCC. get involved with one of the smaller networks or channels. maybe its down to rights i dont know i havent got a clue. annapurna, warner brothers, surely a small network will do to kickstart TSCC and give it a chance to prove itself,

Date: Tuesday, 19 Mar 2013, 03:43 GMT | Message # 85

Friends

terminator. TSCC kickstarter revival highly unlikely. terminator the sarah connor chronicles creator JOSH FRIEDMAN has told fans not to expect a show revival via kickstarter. sad fans of the short-lived fox sci-fi series have campaigned for its return following the success of the veronica mars movie kickstarter- which hit its two million target in under 24 hours. however, friedman took to twitter to shoot down rumours of a similar campaign for his show, saying it was highly unlikely that terminator. TSCC would return. the writer/producer claimed that bringing back veronica mars is a very different deal to reviving his terminator spinoff, due to the amount of visual effects required. sad O.M.G. what a kick in the teeth, so depressssssssssssed.

Date: Tuesday, 19 Mar 2013, 04:45 GMT | Message # 86

Writer

We've been campaigning since Annapurna finalized its deal with Pacificor Dec 3, 2012, more so since the beginning of the year. The past couple of weeks the whole kickstarter frenzy with Veronica Mars has spilled over into other fandoms wishing to bring back their cancelled shows, including our group. I understand that with a kickstarter campaign, the people are only pledging money toward a project, they don't actually pay into it unless the goal is met. I'm still not certain if this is the right method to bring back TSCC, because what happens if a significant number of those who pledged money, don't follow through should TSCC be greenlit for renewal? However, it would go a long way into showing how strong our fanbase is, but doesn't a petition do the same? Now if someone had suggested a kickstarter campaign at the time TSCC was canceled, and lets say the rights to terminator weren't in contention at that time, then I would have been all for it in 2009. In fact in 2009 we'd probably be racing headlong into overwhelming funds pledged toward the show.

Josh Friedman was angry and bitter a long time after TSCCs cancellation. He hardly mentioned it at all before this year. Beginning with 2013 he's tweeted about it a lot. Unfortunately most of what he tweets come across as melancholy rather than upbeat with positive feelings about the show and his experience. (If you ever read his blog from the time from just before it was canceled then you know he was bitter and angry even then. He did not like his bosses.) I really can't expect the man to come out and be our head cheerleader when its taken him four years to go from being angry to crying in his beer. If the fight goes on for more TSCC, then it will have to go on despite what Friedman says and continue on without him if need be. It's disappointing that Josh won't even try to help now that the rights to Terminator are no longer in contention, but if we can get one of the head writers or another producer to help, then that would be cool too.

I'm fighting for an official continuation of TSCC, regardless of what means the various parties take to bring that about. There is more than just TV series or movies to make that happen. There is also various forms of print media, and even audio stories. I use Doctor Who as an example. In the long years between the cancellation of the original series in 1989 and its return in 2005, Doctor Who went on to be produced in dozens of novels, multiple audio stories on CD, and a movie. I'm open minded about how TSCC can continue, provided it comes from the minds who brought us season 1 and 2 of TSCC. Yes, I would prefer a video format as in a series or movie(s), but there is more than one way to tell a story, and TSCC is a story that needs to be completed and hopefully real soon.

I'm in this until April or May 2014. If by that time we've not had significant positive feedback, or no feedback, or have heard a definitive NO from the studios, before or by that date, then I'm done. I'm willing to fight for more while we have this chance, thanks to Annapurna closing the deal, but when giants turn into windmills, this old soldier will put away his armor and lance for good.

I wish all who join us in this fight the best of luck.

Message edited by The1Russter - Tuesday, 19 Mar 2013, 15:32

Date: Thursday, 21 Mar 2013, 16:38 GMT | Message # 87

Friends

Hey! Very nice article about the rescue of TSCC on TheArnoldFans!

Exclusive: A "Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles" MOVIE?! by RANDY JENNINGS

Randy Jennings with Summer Glau on set of TSCC
Randy Jennings with Summer Glau on set of TSCC

Date: Thursday, 21 Mar 2013, 20:29 GMT | Message # 88

Friends

Tweet from Bear McCreary - the guy who made soundtrack for TSCC:

Date: Monday, 25 Mar 2013, 06:16 GMT | Message # 89

Writer

The Situation as it Stands, March 24, 2013

Where Do We Stand? by JackL156 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:58 am

Over the last few days / weeks there have been a few important updates regarding TSCC and I thought it would be a good idea to get a post together explaining where we currently stand in our Campaign for a continuation of the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Right a quick summary of the last few months, in December 2012 Megan Ellison and her production company Annapurna pictures finalized a deal for the rights to the Terminator franchise, these rights included TV shows. Warner Brothers own everything inclusive to TSCC whilst Annapurna owns everything Terminator. For a continuation we need both parties to work together.

We started this new Campaign in an effort to do what we can to ultimately see a return of TSCC giving us answers to the questions we were left with at the end of Season 2. To help us do this we have this forum, our promotional video and our online petition. How each of these are contributing towards the campaign is explained on the relevant parts of the forum.

On Mar 13, 2013 the Veronica Mars kickstarter surfaced. It is a fan funded project towards a continuation of the show and to this day has 58,982 backers and has raised $3,838,161 with 19 days still to go.

The success of the project rattled the movie industry and left fans of cancelled shows thinking why can't this be used for our show?? See this link to an article from IGN on five shows they would like to see KickStarted. http://tinyurl.com/c85abbe.

Josh Friendman the producer behind TSCC was quick to respond to questioning fans dismissing the chances of a TSCC kickstarter leaving many of us feeling disappointed.

Earlier this week an article popped up by the TheArnoldFans http://tinyurl.com/bk9osay and **** it didn't disappoint. Have a look at the message below from James Middleton the executive Producer of TSCC.

James Middleton:

"You know, Josh Friedman and I have talked a lot about this (and I mean A LOT) and he recently tweeted about it in the wake of the VM (Veronica Mars) excitement. The issue is that the current owners of the franchise seem to have no interest in reviving TSCC. And if they were interested, they would not need Kickstarter to finance the movie.There are well-funded entities that have previously expressed strong interest in reviving TSCC and the franchise owners (Annapurna Pictures) - through their reps - have passed on the idea. WBTV no longer has the sole right to restart the series or to do a spinoff, so the participation of the current franchise owners is critical. But they seem to be focussed on making Terminator movies at the moment which is not shocking or even a surprise. Josh and I would love to do a TSCC movie, if it were possible. A movie would be more feasible to schedule with the cast."

From the above statement there are several points that can be taken from it. (The points below were written by Russ)

1) All persons involved in TSCC would like to continue the series. "Josh and I would love to do a TSCC movie, if it were possible. A movie would be more feasible to schedule with the cast." Summer Glau has said many times during Convention interviews the last few years that herself and the rest of the cast would love to come back to TSCC.

2) "Kickstarter [not needed] to finance movie. There are well-funded entities that have previously expressed strong interest in reviving TSCC..." He does not say who these well funded parties are but probably sponsors and distributors, TV networks, Cable, video-on-demand internet and cable services. But that offers some enlightenment to Josh's reactive tweets regarding kickstarter.

3) "WBTV no longer has the sole right to restart the series or to do a spinoff, so the participation of the current franchise owners is critical." We've known this right along. WB first was partnered with C2 during the making of Season 1, and then when Halcyon bought the franchise, WB was partnered with them. WB only owns that which they introduced to the franchise, not that which they had to 'borrow' from the franchise to make the series. So to make any continuation they need to work with Annapurna. Unfortunately...

4) "Franchise owners (Annapurna Pictures) - through their reps - have passed on the idea... [of]...reviving TSCC...." "...they seem to be focused on making Terminator movies at the moment which is not shocking or even a surprise."

As you can see it's all ultimately down to Megan Ellison and her production company Annapurna Pictures whether we see a continuation of the Sarah Connor Chronicles whilst she owns the Terminator rights. It seems that the best chance of getting their co-operation is by showing them the fan base that still exists for the show and keeping our fingers crossed.

Unfortunately Megan Ellison and Annapurna Pictures have proved hard to contact, the main way to contact them has been via Twitter which has led to several of us including myself being banned from following them. Arguably this shows they are reading our messages but is still not ideal.

We are continuing to search for more paths to contact them but as of yet have not had much luck.

To summarize the situation is not as bad as many of us had feared, the crew + cast want a continuation, the finances are available for a continuation, it appears Warner Brothers are happy for a continuation to take place and we want one!!

Our only obstacle is Annapurna, we need to show them the fan base that still exists and why they should bring our show back. Do that and we WILL get our continuation.

We have come so far and will not fail now.

No Fate But What We Make

This page copied in whole from: http://www.savethesc...c.php?f=16&t=63

Message edited by The1Russter - Monday, 25 Mar 2013, 06:21

Date: Monday, 25 Mar 2013, 21:53 GMT | Message # 90

Friends

Guys I think we're gonna do it! We are so close! And now that we might have a movie?? Holy fudging cheese!!!!! wow!!
No fate!

We are the resistance it's time to take back the future!

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Save TSCC (involves Summer :P) (save TSCC video I made)
Page 6 of 9«12456789»
Search: