MCM Ireland Comic Con
July 1-2, 2017

San Francisco Comic Con
September 1-3, 2017

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By robbo

Juke Joint!
By robbo

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at MCM London Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By robbo

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Game of Thrones
By robbo

Summer Glau at Rose City Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread
By robbo

New comments

robbo on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

chrisdvanne on: Serenity Comic - All Aboard the feels train

chrisdvanne on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

RedsBaron on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

chrisdvanne on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

robbo on: HQ photos from the Firefly panel at MCM London Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories - MCM London Comic Con

KevinInEngland on: Convention stories - MCM London Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: HQ photos from the Firefly panel at MCM London Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Convention stories - MCM London Comic Con

New videos

00:14:30

00:03:40

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 4 of 4«1234
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » My suggestion for a revived Firefly series (triggered by the Reunion special)
My suggestion for a revived Firefly series
Date: Friday, 2014 Feb 14, 07:41 GMT | Message # 46

Friends

I tried to find an email address to the author and to Mr. Minear, but failed.  Mr. Minear had a website, but stopped adding to it in 2009.  The article is excellent.  Thank you for posting it.  He is correct Firefly is a western.  It is interesting how he talks about whether a revival is feasible.
I found this while searching for a way to contact him: apparently Mr. Minear wrote or co-wrote episodes 2 the train job, 3 bushwhacked,  8 out of gas, and 12 the message.

Date: Saturday, 2014 Feb 15, 01:38 GMT | Message # 47

Friends

Preview: Serenity: Leaves On The Wind #2

Story by - Zack Whedon

Art by - Georges Jeanty, Karl Story

Colors by - Laura Martin

Cover by - Georges Jeanty

Publisher - Dark Horse Comics

Cover Price - $3.50

Release Date - Wed, February 26th, 2014

Forced out of hiding, Serenity"s crew gets separated, and it becomes clear that everyone looking for the outlaws is on the verge of finding them. River offers to uncover the secrets that are hidden within her in the hope that the crew might have something to bargain with.

Via: CBR

Date: Sunday, 2014 Feb 16, 21:40 GMT | Message # 48

Friends

This is exciting.  It is good to see River’s contributions are pivotal.

Date: Friday, 2014 Feb 28, 21:41 GMT | Message # 49

Friends

10 Cancelled TV Shows That Totally Deserve A Ripper Street Resurrection /  2.  Firefly

Much of science fiction has been as Westerns in space. Firefly took this to the extreme and gave rise to what many believe is the best sci-fi television show of all time. Fusing intense action scenes with tense drama produced a thrilling TV series. Strong characters helped to drive the story onwards while the more action orientated moments were alleviated with expertly crafted humour.

Creator Joss Whedon had previously brought us Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Firefly Shared many of the elements that made it such a hit. Despite all this though Fox cancelled it after one series. Fan petitions and campaigns were unsuccessful in bringing the series back. It did eventually lead to Serenity, a movie based on the series but it didn"t prove be any more successful at the box office.

The programme is ripe for reviving. It ended far too early leaving many loose ends and has what is probably the most dedicated fan following of any cancelled show. Bring it back, and you will have a guaranteed devoted following tuning in to every episode.

Via: WC

Date: Saturday, 2014 Mar 01, 06:11 GMT | Message # 50

Friends

Thank you for this article.  I found an email address for the author and wrote to him.  I tried twice to post here what I wrote, but both times failed.  So I am typing this message in the New Reply box like I normally do.  I assume this will be posted.

Now I use edit to try and paste in what I wrote:
Thank you for your “10-cancelled-tv-shows” article, and for ranking Firefly second.
I joined two websites after a television reunion show said Firefly cast members hinted the series  should be revived.
The first was dedicated to Firefly, and was hostile to anything but a pure revival.  I explained the series suffered low ratings, and without changes would again suffer low ratings.  They didn’t like that so I left.
The second was dedicated to a particular star.  The members warmly welcomed me, and keep posting articles I can follow up on.  Yours went up yesterday.
I am someone who begged for a way to submit ideas for reviving Firefly to someone connected to the show.  I have my own revival idea, but want others submitted as well, while submitters waive all rights to the suggestions.  I don’t want money.  I want my series back with what got it cancelled, removed.
Are you interested in my effort?  You could finish it for me.  I would greatly appreciate that.

Message edited by Unreticent444 - Saturday, 2014 Mar 01, 06:14

Date: Monday, 2014 Mar 10, 23:23 GMT | Message # 51

Friends

18 TV Shows That Will Teach You How To Write /  2.  Firefly  -  Originality

Every story and trope has been done, probably hundreds of times, and possibly better. Yet, there is always some new way to roast those old chestnuts.
None of the elements in Firefly are particularly innovative when looked at individually.
There have even been sci-fi westerns before (The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr, for example).
But the genius of Firefly is taking all the old western and sci-fi tropes and placing them in unusual combinations, like a master chef does with food or a mad scientist does with chemicals.
The result is something considerably more original than the sum of its parts.

Via: PM

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Mar 12, 17:29 GMT | Message # 52

Friends

The western features a small band of people traveling to remote areas where law enforcement is often missing.  So they defend themselves in ways which won’t bring law enforcement against them.  Hence the constant duels, which were recognized as a legal way in western towns to kill an enemy.  All these elements are in Firefly.  But there is the overriding theme of failed rebels wanting to fight again, and of winning tyrants wanting to prevent that second rebellion.  The heroes in Firefly are ready to rebel again to fight for freedom.  They are soldiers on a long leave, who hate living in fear of the winning enemy they fought using the law to imprison them.  They want to get rid of that fear through another rebellion.  Many viewers celebrate their yearning to live free of the fear of a tyrant government.

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Mar 18, 03:39 GMT | Message # 53

Friends

26 Best Cult TV Shows Ever /  12. Firefly

2002, Fox

What It"s About: In a future where superpowers China and the United States have teamed up to colonize the galaxy by terraforming inhospitable planets, a cynical veteran of a failed revolutionary war named Mal Reynolds (Nathan Fillion) and the crew of the ramshackle spaceship Serenity eke out a living hauling cargo and evading cannibal Reavers, intergalactic mobsters, and agents desperate to recapture River (Summer Glau), a child prodigy whom the alliance tried to make into a superhuman assassin. Instead, they drove her bonkers.

Why It"s Cult: The sci-fi/Western mash-up. The Chinese curse words. Everything that made Joss Whedon"s first TV foray beyond the Buffyverse unique also screamed "for smart nerds only." And, as it often does, martyrdom has only enhanced its legend: Fox canceled the show after airing 11 of 14 episodes produced.

Via: EW

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Mar 19, 15:19 GMT | Message # 54

Friends

Thanks for finding another reference to Firefly being a western and sci-fi show. 
I love this summary of it.

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Nov 18, 03:32 GMT | Message # 55

Friends

TV Shows That Were Cancelled Too Early 

5. Firefly:

'Firefly' is one of the biggest cancellation disappointments for science fiction fans. The series, which was created by Joss Whedon and aired on Fox from September 20, 2002 to December 20, 2002, featured future 'Castle' star Nathan Fillion. Though the show was cancelled after only 14 episodes, and three of those episodes were never aired by Fox, the series lived on in movie form in the feature film 'Serenity' in 2005. 

Via: ChaCha

Date: Saturday, 2014 Nov 22, 21:39 GMT | Message # 56

Friends

I am intrigued that fans went ahead and filmed episodes of Star Trek, and were allowed to do so.  Surely if Star Trek has fans doing episodes, continued mention of Firefly might lead to one.
The Star Trek people are blazing new territory.  I thought they would be shut down.

Date: Monday, 2014 Nov 24, 14:34 GMT | Message # 57

Site Admin

Quote Unreticent444 ()
fans went ahead and filmed episodes of Star Trek, and were allowed to do so.

Are you talking about Vic Mignogna's "Star Trek Continues"?

Chuck Huber as McCoy, Vic Mignogna as Kirk, and Todd Haberkorn as Spock in Star Trek Continues

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 2016 Jul 21, 02:15 GMT | Message # 58

Friends

Dark Horse Announces New Serenity Comic, No Power In The 'Verse

Serenity

Although Joss Whedon's acclaimed show Buffy the Vampire Slayer lasted for seven seasons, his follow-up - a space western called Firefly - was canceled after barely one. Luckily for fans, the series has lived on in other media, first in the 2005 sequel film Serenity and then in various Dark Horse comic series.

"I think that it's the characters and their relationships first and foremost that keeps people coming back for more, followed pretty closely by the richness of the setting and the backstory," comic writer and iZombie co-creator Chris Roberson tells "There's just so much to explore."

Roberson is now getting his own chance to explore the world of Serenity with a new comic from Dark Horse, Serenity: No Power in the 'verse, illustrated by Georges Jeanty. Jeanty illustrated the previous Serenity comic, Leaves on the Wind, and No Power in the 'verse picks up about a year and a half after the conclusion of that storyline.

"The characters have been busy in the meantime, "Roberson teases. "They're just wrapping up a job when they get a call from an old friend who is in desperate need of their help, and things get complicated pretty quickly."

The title of the series harks back to one of River's (Summer Glau) most famous quotes from the original series, that "no power in the 'verse can stop me." Roberson says that the reference is no accident, and River (now the pilot of Serenity after Wash's death in the film) will play a big part in the new series.

"River plays a pretty central role in this story, in more ways than one," Roberson says. "She's really come into her own as the pilot of Serenity, for one thing, but now that Zoe's daughter Emma is toddling around on her own by this point, River is always on hand to help look after her as well. But the Alliance is still hunting for River, which is going to continue to put the rest of the crew in the crosshairs."

The issue goes on sale Oct. 26.

Dark Horse Announces New Serenity Comic, No Power In The 'Verse<br />Dark Horse Announces New Serenity Comic, No Power In The 'Verse<br />

Via: EW

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » My suggestion for a revived Firefly series (triggered by the Reunion special)
Page 4 of 4«1234
Search: