Latest Photos

Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!

New messages Members Forum rules Search

Page 3 of 4«1234»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » My suggestion for a revived Firefly series (triggered by the Reunion special)
My suggestion for a revived Firefly series
Date: Friday, 21 Jun 2013, 09:31 GMT | Message # 31

Site Admin

It's not Firefly related, but the writing takes inspiration from Joss Whedon's tv show (at least that's what the creators say). They have launched a kickstarter project, check it out:

A 120-page graphic novel chronicling a young girl's impossible mission to free a xenophobic alien race from an intergalactic syndicate.

The Story

Set in the far reaches of our universe, Horizon's End is a traditional tale of good versus evil with a Sci-Fi twist. We first meet Andara on the remote, backwater planet Usyel, as she and her mentor, Caido, attempt to free the pre-industrialized people from the Black Dominion - an intergalactic syndicate that preys on weak societies that haven't yet reached first-contact with off-world life.

The story quickly takes a tragic turn, though, as Andara finds herself alone on this hostile world, surrounded by a xenophobic race of aliens that simply see her as another invader. Our heroine soon learns that there's more to being a hero than charging in and smashing heads together. And she has to decide whether she can put the needs of an entire planet before her growing urge to simply mete out her revenge and move on.

Andara is, essentially, a rebellious teenager without a safety net. She’s thrown into a situation where she can’t rely on anyone. She has to depend on her wits to survive, while becoming an inspiration to others. And she has to do all this while dealing with her insecurities and, maybe more importantly, attempting to corral those inner demons of revenge. Maturity can’t be taught. It’s something a person learns on their own, when they’re ready. As cliché as it may sound, this is a coming-of-age story wrapped in a nice space opera bow.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Saturday, 22 Jun 2013, 01:29 GMT | Message # 32

Friends

I would watch it.  I see the comparison to Firefly, as you hinted.  I like the basis for the story - I've never heard that plot before.
Thanks for letting me know about it.  It is now a tool to draw on.
All that said, you directed me to the gaming company which got rights to Firefly. Although it did not help me, I tried to use that try to get someone else to help me maybe two days ago.  Thank you for it.  I logged on now to look for someone else while another one I asked last night is pending.  All thanks to your lead to that company.
Thank you for continuing to try and help me on this.  Very appreciated.

Date: Tuesday, 27 Aug 2013, 03:38 GMT | Message # 33

Friends

joss whedon`s  `firefly` return teased by dark horse comics.  dark horse comics has teased the return of firefly. the publisher has promised upcoming announcements regarding the continuation of `joss whedon`s  fan favourite series and its `serenity` movie spinoff. `joss whedon`s beloved firefly series and serenity film`s lifespan may have been short-lived, but managed to produce one of the most dedicated fanbases in the history of modern science-fiction, said the publisher. `dark horse is proud to be able to keep mal and his crew flying with new comics and products` the news will be arriving across facebook, twitter and instagram under the #WheresSerenity hashtag. dark horse has released a series of serenity-related titles. it also publishes whedon`s ` buffy the vampire slayer titles.

Date: Wednesday, 28 Aug 2013, 05:34 GMT | Message # 34

Friends

Might as well ask Dark Horse if it wants my suggestion for free.  Best way to reach interested ex-cast members is a comic showing the idea for the revival I had.  Thank you for notifying me of this.

Date: Tuesday, 22 Oct 2013, 23:13 GMT | Message # 35

Friends

`Serenity Leaves On The Wind` Miniseries Coming From Zack Whedon.  Serenity Leaves on the Wind has been announced by Dark Horse Comics. Joss Whedon`s brother Zack will write the six-issue miniseries for the publisher with the first issue landing in January, according to Nerdist. `The challenge is to create something that feels of a piece with the existing franchise --- but the Serenity/Firefly world is where I feel most confident,` said Zack Whedon. `Beyond that, the challenge is to make something good, something that feels like it is building on what is already there rather than just mimicking It, `The series will` plough forward into the future of these characters and tell new stories, which has been a lot of fun --- I know fans have been starving for story, so I don`t hold back in that regard.` Georges Jeanty, who has previously worked on Dark Horse`s  Buffy The Vampire Slayer series, will provide artwork for the Serenity title. `Serenity Leaves on the Wind #1 will be released on January 29, 2014.

Date: Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013, 02:16 GMT | Message # 36

Friends

Thank you for this.

I wrote to Dark Horse thanks to the earlier post on it, but sadly it could not look at anything from me.  So it could not help me regarding securing a revival of the TV show.  But the above looks hopeful, given the storyline will be continued by someone Josh Whedon obviously trusts.

Date: Thursday, 24 Oct 2013, 01:58 GMT | Message # 37

Friends

sorry to hear that you were declined about your thoughts and Ideas of a revival, but still you can hold your head up high and be positive, at least its been kept in the Whedon family, which is quite positive news I dont know much about Zack Whedon, but lets face it he is the brother of the master Joss Whedon, and to my knowledge that must speak volumes if ever their was a chance of reviving the awesome `Firefly` You cant stop the signal.

Date: Friday, 25 Oct 2013, 03:02 GMT | Message # 38

Friends

Thank you for the encouragement, and I agree with you.  It is amazing a sibling is available to preserve the stories.  Must be a talented family.

Date: Friday, 25 Oct 2013, 03:19 GMT | Message # 39

Friends

Yes Indeed they seem to have a talent when it comes to writing a script, whether its TV and Film or even comics, it just comes natural with the Whedon family, its just a shame they cant just put their heads together and sort out a follow-up to `Serenity` surely they must be more of the story to be told, we can live in hope I suppose.

Date: Sunday, 08 Dec 2013, 04:07 GMT | Message # 40

Friends

Serenity: The Leaves Of Wind # 1 Preview. 
Description: Malcolm Reynold"s crew shook the " verse to its core when they laid bare the crimes against humanity undertaken by their sinister government / the Alliance. Always outlaws, Mal, a very pregnant Zoe, new pilot River Tam, and the other surviving crew members are in greater danger than ever. Meanwhile, everyone is asking the same question ---
Publisher: Dark Horse Comics / Price $3.50  In Stores, Wednesday, January 29th, 2014

Date: Sunday, 08 Dec 2013, 09:56 GMT | Message # 41

Friends

So it runs right from the movie.  What a fitting tribute to the series, to continue right from the movie.

Date: Saturday, 18 Jan 2014, 03:20 GMT | Message # 42

Friends

Firefly, X-Files: Which Fox Show Should Follow 24 Back To Television?  / Firefly 
Oh come on, we had to - any list compiling "Shows Axed Before Their Time" or "Shows That Deserve Another Shot" just has to include Joss Whedon"s sparky space opera Firefly --- It"s just the rules. Nathan Fillion - Cap"n Mal Reynolds - was still being forced to shoot down revival rumours as recently as last May - proof that fans want more from Whedon"s rich "verse than just 14 TV episodes and one feature film.
Via DigitalSpy

Date: Saturday, 18 Jan 2014, 11:12 GMT | Message # 43

Friends

Thank you for more confirmation revival was rumored heavily.

There remains hope.

Date: Thursday, 13 Feb 2014, 01:53 GMT | Message # 44

Site Admin

Tim Minear explores the odds of bringing Firefly back!

Link: 'Firefly' producer: A limited series reboot could be great, at EW

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 13 Feb 2014, 02:28 GMT | Message # 45

Friends

# 44  Great article and very interesting from Tim Minear. so much more to be explored with Firefly. cut short way before its time ruthlessly. would love to see a Serenity 2 with River as the new pilot.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » My suggestion for a revived Firefly series (triggered by the Reunion special)
Page 3 of 4«1234»
Search: