To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By Admirator

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 2 of 4«1234»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » My suggestion for a revived Firefly series (triggered by the Reunion special)
My suggestion for a revived Firefly series
Date: Tuesday, 2013 Feb 26, 02:39 GMT | Message # 16

Friends

no problem unreticent444. i hope you have some form of success with your ideas with firefly, fingers crossed somebody listens from up above the ladder in the company, good luck. smile

Date: Tuesday, 2013 Feb 26, 10:18 GMT | Message # 17

Friends

Thank you.
No reply yet, but it hasn't been there long.
I am hopeful.
Thank you for letting me know there was a Board game company I could email.

Date: Friday, 2013 Mar 15, 02:04 GMT | Message # 18

Site Admin

Joss Whedon On Kickstarter And "Firefly": "It Doesn't Just Open The Floodgates."

Read article at buzzfeed

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Friday, 2013 Mar 15, 04:05 GMT | Message # 19

Friends

great interview with joss whedon on where we stand with a firefly 2 production, doesnt sound to good got his hands tied with marvel for the next three years, he hasnt even got time for dr. horrible 2 to get of the ground, i think we could be talking maybe another five years at the earliest for firefly, plus he does say right now, its a complete non-kickstarter for me. but nevertheless firefly is still getting talked about and thats what the fans are wanting to hear which is positive news, smile

Date: Friday, 2013 Mar 15, 05:19 GMT | Message # 20

Friends

Thank you for this.  I never would have seen it otherwise.
Still confident Mr. Whedon would have time to lead not fully direct a Firefly TV revival.  Sad about the movie being something he lacks time for, but TV different.
No response from game company, but thank you for the lead to it.
If only I could contact an obscure, plenty of time for another project actor who was on Firefly, to write to and seek a contact for reviving the series.  No idea how to contact such a person.  Plenty of people were briefly on the series.  There must be a way to contact the ones with time on their hands.  No clue how to do that.
Plus side would be obscure actor gets publicity.
I am sure non-star actors have websites, but how do you fine the one needing work who is therefore accessible?

Date: Friday, 2013 May 03, 10:34 GMT | Message # 21

Site Admin

Netflix's Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos talks Arrested Development and reviving old shows at stuff.tv

Firefly on set

The Netflix CCO said that Arrested Development's fandom is growing while other fandoms, like the Firefly fandom, don't grow, they just get more intense. Here's what he says about about reviving old series

Firefly?
It’s kind of been done, with Serenity, but yeah as a series. Let me give you one broad statement about these recovery shows. In almost every case the cult around the show gets more intense and smaller as time goes by. Arrested Development was the rarest of birds in that the audience of the show grew larger than the original broadcast audience because people came to discover it years after it was cancelled. The Firefly fan is still the Firefly fan from when it was on TV and there’s fewer of them and they’re more passionate every year. Whereas with Arrested Development we’re going to be serving a multiple of the original audience. Any of the other shows we could bring back would be a fraction of the original audience.

I'm sure this guy knows what he's talking about and has all tha datas from Netflix's viewers to prove what he claims. On the other hand, I don't know around me of someone who has seen Firefly when it aired on FOX. (Almost) Everyone I know has discovered it with the DVD's, Serenity or when becoming a fan of Summer Glau when TSCC was on air.

Date: Monday, 2013 May 06, 02:26 GMT | Message # 22

Friends

netflix executive shoots down firefly resurrection rumors, over the past few months, we have seen a lot of fan support for short-lived tv series finding new life. there was the veronica mars kickstarter campaign to fund a feature film, the upcoming return of arrested development on netflix, and the rumored return of heroes on msn. its no wonder that its all sparked new buzz of whether joss whedons beloved firefly could possibly return in some fashion. if you were holding out hopes for firefly to rise from its ashes on netflix, prepare to be disappointed. in an interview with the huffington post, netflix chief content officer ted sarandos explains why he thinks a potential firefly return wouldnt be as successful as arrested developments, please keep in mind sarandos is trying to promote the return of arrested development on may 26th, so take this with a grain of salt.

Date: Monday, 2013 May 06, 02:43 GMT | Message # 23

Friends

going back to message 21, i never seen firefly that aired on fox. be truthful i never even heard of firefly until many years later, i only discovered firefly way after seeing summer glau in TSCC. and then i found a film called serenity which was a few years after firefly, and watched that film first which in theory was the wrong way round, and then i checked amazon for firefly, and looked at all the reviews about the show, i was amazed they were just about all 5, star ratings, so straight away bought the boxset of firefly, couldnt believe how good the series was awesome, smile

Date: Monday, 2013 May 06, 08:07 GMT | Message # 24

Friends

Thank you for updating me.  You treat me so kindly here, by updating my
thread.  I am very grateful.  Thank you for having your website alert us
by email when our thread receives a post.
The above gives me hope.  I came here because articles said some cast members desired a
revival.  If true, they see these other shows with some fan bases being
resurrected by means which did not exist when Firefly was cancelled.  My
humble suggestion remains viable, by using old cast in guest
appearances not as fulltime cast members again.
It is unique to have cast members leak they want the series revived.
Plus Whedon can have anything he wants, given his huge current success with Avengers.

My goal remains to find a way to bundle suggestions for reviving the
series and send them to someone connected with the old cast or
production crew for consideration.
function

Date: Saturday, 2013 Jun 01, 00:21 GMT | Message # 25

Friends

joss whedon on why he isn`t ready to continue firefly. with fandom and the internet being what it is today, it seems like beloved, canceled tv series can always make a comeback and return in a new form. over this past weekend, the tv comedy arrested development returned to tv with a 15-episode season on netflix, and next year, the tv drama 24 will return to fox for a 12-episode run. so it stands to reason that firefly might return at some point after all, it already returned in 2005 with the film adaptation serenity. whedon expressed his worry that, if firefly did return, it might not be the same as the original. here`s joss. right now im happy to say everybody is working doing good jobs. there is a real fear of `the monkeys paw`you know, you bring it back to life and it isnt the same. even if its great and it isnt the same. im dying to get on a ship with those guys again, but im also doing yet another goddamn huge ensemble movie `the avengers 2`why cant i do a movie about just one guy, so right now i cant even access that part of my brain. if all the planets align that would be great, but im not going to do what i did the first time and move heaven and earth to make it happen. when most canceled tv series return, they are generally not the same as they used to be. that really shouldn`t stop joss whedon from considering bringing firefly back. while firefly remains beloved by its fans, it seems very unlikely that it will ever return to tv. a sequel to the film serenity, on the other hand, would be something very different. we keep the faith that firefly will return in one shape or another. just like captain malcolm reynolds once said, we have done the impossible and that makes us mighty.

Date: Saturday, 2013 Jun 01, 01:17 GMT | Message # 26

Site Admin

Seing how Joss Whedon and Josh Friedman are embarrassed when fans suggest that they could revive our favorite series is very funny tongue

Date: Saturday, 2013 Jun 01, 01:55 GMT | Message # 27

Friends

yeah right chris, red faced and embarrassed they just cant be bothered at all funny indeed laughable, smile

Date: Saturday, 2013 Jun 01, 05:42 GMT | Message # 28

Friends

Thank you for the update.  So frustrating.

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Jun 05, 00:51 GMT | Message # 29

Friends

just a thought cant they do more episodes filling in between firefly and serenity, joss whedon did mention once that he would have explained the whole blue sun conspiracy, `which got cut out of the movie` told book`s backstory, and inara`s full story, he also revealed he probably wouldnt have killed anyone, `wash` anyway you can burn the land and boil the sea, you cant take the sky from me.

Date: Friday, 2013 Jun 14, 07:45 GMT | Message # 30

Friends

You are right that he has tremendous storylines available to bridge between Firefly and Serenity. 
I will keep that in mind if I break through.
I was able to try a few days ago since I was kindly informed here about the Game Company which had rights to Firefly.  I used that with another game maker but failed.   I wanted to post here it helped me, but sadly I did not get a response.  But thank you all for keeping this thread going since I therefore had the option.
Despite being ignored, I am going to try others indirectly after I post this.  Thank you all for trying to help me gain a revival.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » My suggestion for a revived Firefly series (triggered by the Reunion special)
Page 2 of 4«1234»
Search: