To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By Admirator

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 41234»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » My suggestion for a revived Firefly series (triggered by the Reunion special)
My suggestion for a revived Firefly series
Date: Thursday, 2012 Nov 22, 22:47 GMT | Message # 1

Friends

I emailed this website requesting a way to show my idea for reviving the Firefly series. The gentleman quickly responded and in part suggested I place it here, so I gratefully do.

I watched the Firefly reunion special and awoke with an idea for reviving the series. I waive all rights to this, if someone kindly deems it usable in part or in whole so that it can reach someone connected to Firefly. I believe if a series revival suggestion originated from multiple fans, there would be no fear of using it, since multiple fans would never sue over use of a storyline suggestion. Again, I waive any rights to the following: I stopped watching Firefly because it became too depressing. When Joss Whedon did the impossible and continued his canceled series in a movie, he removed much of the depressing portion. I love Serenity. My suggestion requests a revived series which removes the depressing part which made it unwatchable for me. This was the depressing part: the good guys, remnants of the rebellion, were turning on each other for the crumbs and scraps the Alliance allowed them to have. When Jayne turned, albeit momentarily, it was devastating. I could not watch remnants of the good side preying on each other. In the movie, they prevailed and made a huge dent in the Alliance's power. That was joyous, and Serenity remains very inspirational.

So here is the solution I came up with that removes the depressing part, and hopefully makes my suggestion feasible: Each character from the original series has brought a young, former Alliance adherent over to the dormant rebellion side. Those converts now man the ship and do as the original cast did. Former cast members guest appear, so that they can maintain real-life current and pending acting commitments. Each cast member views his respective convert like a child. There are therefore moments of pride when one convert outshines another. Having original cast members in guest spots and the new crew comprised of former Alliance adherents means in any situation there is Alliance and Rebellion expertise and connections from which they can draw. If the above is liked and is deemed feasible, I request one character. He was very strong in the Alliance, and thus was rather well known. He rotates disguises to hide himself. Each time he reveals himself to challenge a reprehensible Alliance position, he must change his disguise. There should be humor in other cast members looking at him to see if he will dramatically reveal himself, or keep it hidden. He can smoke Alliance positions each time he takes a stance.

What of the movie? Keep it in the timeline.

What to do about the two deceased characters? This part thrills me. Wash never discusses where he was. He just is queasy whenever a nasty landing approaches. But Book openly admits he was in heaven, and believes he was sent back to keep serving. That makes his faith unquestioned. I have never heard of a television character returning from heaven, other than of all characters, Mr. Whedon's Buffy describing something close to it (given although she was alone, she was free of fear and pain). Now Whedon can take it fully with Book. That is my suggestion. Young Alliance adherents turning against the Alliance under the tutelage of the original cast is inspiring.

Hopefully someone reading this who can appropriately route this in part or in whole agrees, and agrees the above melds with the Firefly to Serenity to Revived Firefly track.

Date: Friday, 2012 Nov 23, 16:47 GMT | Message # 2

Site Admin

At least you have the common sense to realise that it would be impossible to have the original cast back in a tv show (for obvious reasons). Your idea is interesting and now you just have to pitch it to a writer.

Have you tried to submit it to a Browncoat who writes fanfiction?

Side note : i edited your message in order to make it look more shiny wink

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Saturday, 2012 Nov 24, 05:15 GMT | Message # 3

Friends

Thank you for making it much prettier. Appreciated.
Reading your kind encouragement triggered this thought, which I will hold to. There is a small window to revive the series on the strength of the Reunion Show. If a group of suggestions were collected, en masse they might be considered by someone close to the Firefly people. The more suggestions gathered together, the better the chance they will be considered. There would have to be visible agreement contributors waive rights to their contributions. Otherwise no one will go near them. That is why I keep emphasizing I waive rights to whatever might be taken from my suggestion.
If they are gathered together, word can reach someone connected to Firefly where they can be seen.

Date: Sunday, 2012 Nov 25, 02:32 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

great suggestions put together and a lot of thought. put in to this revival of clawing back firefly. i must admit there is a small window. to revive the series. a bit of a stumbling block would be putting the crew back together again. which personally i dont think that would be possible. time has just flown by since firefly left our screens. i think the original cast would jump at the chance for a revival. but i just cant see it ever happening. joss whedon seems to be tied down with other ongoing projects at the moment. but maybe a new series on the science channel would be welcome. they seem to love firefly at the moment with all the time and effort they have put in to with all these reunions. but nevertheless wonderfull suggestions and ideas. smile

Date: Monday, 2012 Nov 26, 01:45 GMT | Message # 5

Friends

First, thank you for agreeing there is a window to revive Firefly. On the only other site I tried, to which I was kindly referred by the Moderator, I am getting hammered that revival is impossible. Here there is hope. Thank you and the Moderator for that hope.
Don’t need the original crew, just some of the writers (so the series matches many aspects of the original series), and guest spots by original cast members. Hopefully you agree. Thank you for agreeing the original cast members want a revival, since that is what I keep seeing now.
I agree Mr. Whedon has many projects, but I believe he would make sufficient time if Firefly could revive. No one has done series, movie, series that I can think of unless you count the Star Trek franchise. I don’t think it counts since the various Star Trek installments were so disparate.
Thank you again for the encouragement. I just need someone packaging various revival ideas together so that together they get the attention of someone connected to Firefly. If they are free to use, someone will look.
Thank you again for being so nice to my idea. It is getting pummeled on the other website. Off to check if they relented after my reply …

Date: Monday, 2012 Nov 26, 22:30 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

I would be so happy if Firefly got...revived. I would pee my pants with..erm....joy! biggrin

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

Date: Thursday, 2013 Jan 24, 19:53 GMT | Message # 7

Site Admin

Ramp.ie listed some of the many reasons reasons why Firefly was such a great show, in an article titled 'TV: 7 Reasons Firefly Shouldn’t Have Been Cancelled'.

Reason #7, this moment:

Summer Glau would've topped my list wink

Date: Friday, 2013 Jan 25, 03:29 GMT | Message # 8

Friends

Thank you for posting this, and letting me know you did since I got the email notification.
Thank you for being so kind to me about my suggestion, given I was someone who loved the show but felt driven to stop watching, and thought he had a way to revive it.
Here is what you just did:
On this site, I was treated with great kindness especially by you.
On the other site I was attacked for daring to suggest Firefly should be revived in any manner except the original format - the one that failed for lack of sufficient viewers.
I thought my effort was over.
Now you guide me to an adept blogger who just wrote about loving Firefly, who I can email and offer my saga.  Two websites, one kind one cruel, a window to revive a series she just wrote about loving, my plea for bundling suggestions to revive it, and then guidance to find her.
If this works, it is an honor to finally get these series revival suggestions considered through the SG wing of cast members.  
Thank you again.  I will try the email I found for her.

Date: Saturday, 2013 Jan 26, 23:44 GMT | Message # 9

Friends

I did not hear back from her yet.  Still early obviously.  Fear I used an email she does not check since she appears to be in a lot of places.  Thank you for giving me this chance to ask again to have my suggestion submitted with any others for reviving the series.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Feb 21, 18:23 GMT | Message # 10

Site Admin

Firefly is TV Guide's #1 canceled show viewers want to bring back.

1. Firefly

Joss Whedon's beloved one-season wonder was canceled after airing only 11 of its 14 episodes (some of which Fox aired out of order). But fans' devotion to buying DVDs and spreading the word did help Whedon continue the story on the big screen via the feature film Serenity. Although that rare opportunity probably makes a return to TV for Captain Mal unlikely, our users have proven once again which show has the most devoted fan following. If any group could get their favorite canceled show back on the air, it's the Browncoats!

Source: TV Guide

Date: Friday, 2013 Feb 22, 02:57 GMT | Message # 11

Friends

Thank you for this post.
You keep giving me hope.
I will try for TV Guide.
I wish the author you directed me to would have helped me.
I still just want someone to gather the ideas together for reviving the show, so they can be presented together to someone who can actually bring it back. 
I just caught another run on one of the stations where it played the episodes consecutively.
Hopefully TV Guide has a way I can contact it.
Thank you again.
I feel like the resident of a dirty, dilapidated city who wants a park built in the middle of it, since the playground they tried to build failed.  I lack the funds to pay for it myself and the authority to start work on it, but I want that park.  That is my analogy.

Date: Friday, 2013 Feb 22, 04:05 GMT | Message # 12

Friends

wish firefly would return would make a lot of browncoats very happy, apart from one of the comments on tv guide who wrote never heard of it, must have been asleep for ten year or from another planet, sorry to dampen the spirits but i just cant see it with such a cult following for firefly you would of thought somebody from maybe one of the other networks, would have approached joss whedon by now but time is absolutely flying by i was hoping last chance saloon maybe the science channel, might have given us a flicker of light with the network getting involved with the anniversary of firefly, but it seems as tho the fire has gone out but i hope i am wrong and the fire ignites again and firefly rises from the ashes, ye cant stop the signal.

Date: Friday, 2013 Feb 22, 05:13 GMT | Message # 13

Friends

Thank you for that Robbo.  I checked through the article and could not find an author to email at TV Guide.  Thank you for reading through the comments.  I see no way to email TV Guide on its website.  So here I sit with a wonderful account of trying to get the series revived, and no author to look at it and write about it.
I need an author of an article or a blog who writes about the hope for a Firefly revival, who I can then email.
The earlier one chrisdvanne found for me above ignored my email.  Now he finds me TV Guide and there is no author I see to write to.  This is so frustrating.   Thank you chrisdvanne for trying.

Date: Sunday, 2013 Feb 24, 15:39 GMT | Message # 14

Friends

its official there is now more reason to be a proud browncoat. margaret weis productions, ltd. has announced a partnership with twentieth century fox to produce and publish new tabletop role-playing game products based on the cult favourite tv series firefly. now you can continue adventures in the verse, even if we never get more onscreen firefly. cool according to giant freakin robot, smile

Date: Sunday, 2013 Feb 24, 21:46 GMT | Message # 15

Friends

Thank you robbo.
I never would have learned about this if you had not posted it here.
I just emailed the person in the company who does marketing.
I tried to help her company in exchange for her referring my Firefly revival idea and the other fans' revival ideas, or for referring me to someone who can write about my attempt to submit my revival idea.  The contrast is stark between the friendly people on this website, especially the gentleman running it, and those on the other website I tried.  My account might lead to a way to submit revival ideas.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » My suggestion for a revived Firefly series (triggered by the Reunion special)
Page 1 of 41234»
Search: