menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Would you pay $20,000 for a lunch with Joss Whedon?
Would you pay $20,000 for a lunch with Joss Whedon?
chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 28 Jul 2012, 11:56 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Well, a rich fan did apparently, according to the Business Insider's article : The Biggest Fanboy In Silicon Valley Just Paid $20K For Lunch With Joss Whedon.

It happened at charity event for African nonprofit ThriveGulu. The name of the generous donator is not known.

I would try to convince Joss Whedon to hire Summer Glau in his next blockbuster.
It's not like he doesn't know what she's capable of, after all.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Saturday, 28 Jul 2012, 12:19

Fox012Date: Saturday, 28 Jul 2012, 14:18 | Message # 2
Only if summer is attending to... and i pay an extra 20k to boot whedon out j/k

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

GargarosDate: Saturday, 28 Jul 2012, 14:33 | Message # 3
Group: Friends
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Joss Whedon to hire Summer Glau in his next blockbuster.

Only Joss could do...

AlexDate: Saturday, 28 Jul 2012, 19:46 | Message # 4
Group: Bloggers
What would I discuss over lunch with Joss Whedon? I would probably let him talk. There is a film called My Dinner with Andre that came out quite awhile ago but the premise is that two old friends meet for dinner. Andre is the protagonist and he expounds at length on his philosophy and his observations about people and life. I remember leaving the film in a daze and I have no doubt that I would leave a lunch with Whedon in a similar state.

"So, Joss, what would have happened to Summer's character in Season 12 after she conquers the Alliance with the Operative at her side..."

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

riversfeetDate: Monday, 30 Jul 2012, 14:46 | Message # 5
Joss would probably say, "River would have been killed off by then." And, you wouldn't know if he was joking or not.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

GaogaDate: Thursday, 02 Aug 2012, 06:44 | Message # 6
Another generous fan, I admire him biggrin

"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
terminator model

RNBMDate: Thursday, 02 Aug 2012, 14:53 | Message # 7
Summer has been around Joss Whedon a lot this month. Being that he is now one of the hottest Hollywood directors, I hope this bolds well for Summer. As the saying goes: it's not what you know it' who you know. Obviously Joss likes being in the company of Summer. (Who wouldn't.)

AlexDate: Friday, 03 Aug 2012, 03:32 | Message # 8
Group: Bloggers
Quote (riversfeet)
Joss would probably say, "River would have been killed off by then." And, you wouldn't know if he was joking or not.

Ah yes but by that time, Joss would have bought the Terminator franchise and he would have merged the two series. River exits stage left but Cameron returns with a vengeance, time travelling from 2029 with John Connor in tow. Inara is strangely drawn to John and Mal is not looking too happy with that...Cameron considers her options.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 29 Aug 2012, 19:37 | Message # 9
He accepted $20k off of a fan to have lunch with him???? WTF
I am prepared to pay Summer $2k this very moment to do a cotton light green sparkling bikini pose with a decent photographer company like Joan Allen.

correction error, I put a zero after the 2. Good job I spotted that. I can't take the money with me but I need money to do my new vandalised house up. Gee, that would have broken me.

Message edited by KevinInScotland - Wednesday, 29 Aug 2012, 19:40

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 29 Aug 2012, 23:25 | Message # 10
Quote (KevinInScotland)
He accepted $20k off of a fan to have lunch with him???? WTF

Of course not.

It happened at charity event for African nonprofit ThriveGulu.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Would you pay $20,000 for a lunch with Joss Whedon?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: