menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Serenity ranks # 17 (In Top 23 Spaceships from Sci-Fi)
Serenity ranks # 17
riversfeetDate: Monday, 25 Jun 2012, 17:41 | Message # 1
Group: Friends
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20603756,00.html#21172613

Also, note the Satellite of Love from MST3K made it # 9!

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 25 Jun 2012, 22:17 | Message # 2
Group: Administrators
Thanks for the heads up, riversfeet!

Quote (EW)
23 Coolest Onscreen Spaceships
''Prometheus'' cruises at the multiplex, but is it the smoothest ride for a galaxy quest? See our ranking!

17. Serenity (Firefly)
Coolest Feature: Like many of the vessels on this list, the Serenity is a piece of junk. But it's a dependable piece of junk, with character to burn. The niftiest aspect of the Serenity is the pair of smaller shuttles that can detach from the main body of the vessel, one of which is leased as a living space by glamorous Companion Inara.
Comments 9

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

AlexDate: Monday, 25 Jun 2012, 22:48 | Message # 3
Group: Bloggers
I saw Prometheus recently. There is a scene where the spaceship from Earth lands. It is quite a beautiful ship and it also resembles the Firefly ship Serenity. This new ship had four engines instead of two but the layout was similar.

This is stretching it a bit but I also thought it was interesting that as in the film Serenity, the spaceship of the Engineers was a rather nasty, non-ship looking ship. So were the the ships of the Alliance in Firefly and of course there were the nasty looking rides of the Reavers. The design of the Engineers ship is purely functional, without appeal, and certainly not as interesting or attractive as the ship from Earth. I don't think it was intentional or that there is a trope implicit in this. Rather, I think that both films choose to make the point that the technology belonging to the villains often looks evil and menacing.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 26 Dec 2012, 17:25 | Message # 4
Group: Administrators
Lee Stringer, ex-CG Sup/Digital Artist on Firefly and Serenity, has posted a series of Firefly set images on his Flickr page.

To view the images, just go here: Pics and CGI renders from the Joss Whedon TV series Firefly 2002-2003

Fans of Battlestar Galactica (and Katee Sackhoff) will love these pictures : Old renders and pictures from the new Battlestar Galactica Series.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Saturday, 01 Nov 2014, 04:31 | Message # 5
Group: Friends
Collector's Corner: Sensational Serenity Model

For This Month's Collector's corner feature, we've scoured the farthest nether regions of the cyberworld to bring you a deep dimension of collectibles from Sideshow Collectibles, Qmx, Hot Toys and more. From our spotlight must-have goodie, an eye-popping Serenity film-scale model,

Spotlight: Artisan Serenity Scale Model Replica

We first showed you a sneak peek at this stellar Serenity scale model from Joss Whedon's Firefly, and now that prototype has become a reality. We're totally spaced out over this ravishing film-scale replica, crafted from more than 250 laser-cut parts and finished to sublime perfection by the brilliant artists at QMX. This beauty is a looker from any angle and is an exact replica of the 1: 124 scale 3D cinematic model of Captain Mal's elegant star cruiser used for the 2005 feature film.

Each massive Artisan Serenity is hand-assembled in an exacting process that takes more than 130 hours, which explains the monster price tag of $7,495! Only true Browncoats with ultra-deep pockets need apply, but this is one incredible collectible we can stare in awe at for hours on end.

These images convey the astonishing detail accomplished in this ultimate Serenity Model. The shiny exterior was finished with 25 different paint colors and includes no decals. Everything was hand-painted! Interior illumination is powered by a 12-volt system lighting up over 100 LED bulbs.

Magnificent details include a miniature bridge with crew members, cargo bay with operating door, furnished galley and hinged vent reactor covers with twinkling firefly lighting effects and hard burn glow. Each made-to-order Artisan Serenity comes with an adjustable 12-inch steel display stand and will be carefully packed in foam inside a hand-built wooden apple crate. Are you still drooling?

To pre-order this impressive masterpiece visit the QMx site.

Via: Blastr

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Serenity ranks # 17 (In Top 23 Spaceships from Sci-Fi)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: