menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Browncoats mixtape
Browncoats mixtape
REGDate: Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 14:30 | Message # 1
Group: Friends
http://www.adamwarrock.com/browncoatsmixtape/

i got this about 2 weeks ago. i have been listening to it for the past week and a bit and it is excellent! i can see the scenes from episodes in my head when i am listening to it. it's just so great!

has anyone else heard it?

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Message edited by REG - Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 10:51

ThierryDate: Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 17:00 | Message # 2
am downloading it now, have to listen to that
thx for the info, REG.

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

ThierryDate: Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 17:27 | Message # 3
Well not exactly my taste... even if I like the idea

But it gives me the inspiration to compose a kind of what would be a imaginary soundtrack for an imagineray sequel to Serenity, have to think about that... Anyway, I won't use dialogues samples, for copyrights reasons. And that's a major issue with samples, but that's another story...

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 17:38 | Message # 4
Group: Administrators
Thanks for mentioning it, Richard!

Can you embed the video in your first post for the readers of the Wiki? Simply copy/paste the code provided by Youtube :

Code
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EP49fb4nTV8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

REGDate: Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 10:53 | Message # 5
yea sure. no problem.

i can't stop listening to this album. it even has Joss on it lol. they sampled a bit of the commentary from Objects in Space on disc 3 of the blu ray. i don't remember if the commentary is the same on the DVD. i'll have to check it on the weekend.

Message edited by REG - Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 10:53

kHillDate: Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 17:35 | Message # 6
Nathan Fillion himself actually tweeted about our album, and so far the dialogue snippets and stuff have presented us no problems. I think it's because we aren't selling the album, it's something we genuinely did out of love for the show and I think the creators get that. The melodies and stuff were sampled from the original score to Firefly and Serenity, but I also play live instruments over them and seequence out parts on Nintendo, etc.

As long as you aren't selling it and they like what you do, I don't think it's going to be an issue. For that matter, with all the firefly themed shirts and stuff you see at TeeFury and other sites that aren't liscensed, even if you WERE selling it, I imagine it wouldn't matter.

I think the idea for a soundtrack to another Serenity film is a dope idea.

The commentary sampled on Objects in Space is from the DVD, Adam grabbed that part and then I worked it into the music, but I'm pretty sure he has the DVD and not the Blu-Ray.

Good Lord, you guys have some serious overkill on the security measures to post here. lol. I had to answer captcha at every step, including this post!

-Mikal kHill
The ThoughtCriminals
http://mikalkhill.bandcamp.com

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 17:49 | Message # 7
Group: Administrators
Thanks for the comment kHill!

It's great to have the input from the producer from the Browncoats Mixtape. I think you've made a great job!

Side note : sorry about the security measures, they're removed by an admin once you have posted a valuable message on the forum (or on the news).

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

kHillDate: Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 17:53 | Message # 8
Ah, okay, that makes senses. It's been awhile since I had a forum running, they are notorious for being overran by spambots, so I def understand.

Glad people are still discovering/enjoying the mixtape! It's something we're really proud of, and I think it's among the best stuff I've done. smile

REGDate: Thursday, 17 May 2012, 18:12 | Message # 9
Quote (kHill)
The commentary sampled on Objects in Space is from the DVD, Adam grabbed that part and then I worked it into the music, but I'm pretty sure he has the DVD and not the Blu-Ray.

well that is confirmed then. the blu ray commentary is the same as the DVD.

i wanted to ask when did you make this album?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the quote from the commentary and that is in the song is:

"what it talked about was the pain of being aware of things and their existence outside of their meaning, just the very fact of objects in space."

i am like that. i am aware of things and their existence outside of their meaning. i have been aware for a long time now. i think it started when i was 19 or 20 maybe. i see life and objects differently to most people and it is painful to be aware of and think about.
i have talked to my family about this, and they just dismiss it as non sense and that i shouldn't worry about things beyond my control. but i can't it's not something i can just turn off like a switch. for a long time i thought if there was anybody else in the world like me in relation to being aware. i thought i was alone in this. but when i heard Joss on that commentary i immediately got chills. of all the people he is another that is aware. and i think it is the reason that i am so into his shows and the characters he creates/created.

is there anyone else out there like this? that is aware of things and their existence outside of their meaning?

Message edited by REG - Friday, 18 May 2012, 04:17

REGDate: Wednesday, 23 May 2012, 13:01 | Message # 10
i am listening to this album every day. i can't and don't want to stop. i haven't been this into an album for a long while. several years actually. this album is just so good!! biggrin
i am so glad that i found it!!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Browncoats mixtape
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: