Wizard World Comic Con Nashville
September 8-10, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Juke Joint!
By Admirator

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Summer Glau at Comicpalooza 2015
By chrisdvanne

Everything on Wonder Woman Reboots
By robbo

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By robbo

Game of Thrones
By robbo

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Comic Con Austin
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Lovely shot of Summer and Val's wedding by Joan Allen

robbo on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

chrisdvanne on: The cast of Firefly is coming to Wizard World Chicago, Nashville and Austin

Jim Scalia on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

mark cornwell on: The cast of Firefly is coming to Wizard World Chicago, Nashville and Austin

Martin John on: Artist Jake Thompson wins prize at Mary Valley Art contest with portrait of Summer

chrisdvanne on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

RedsBaron on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

KevinInEngland on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

chrisdvanne on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

New videos

00:04:51

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 4 of 4«1234
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » River with boots on or barefoot? (Poll)
River with boots on or barefoot?
River with boots or no?
1.River with boots on[ 3 ][14.29%]
2.River barefoot[ 18 ][85.71%]
3.1[ 0 ][0.00%]
Poll has expired - Sunday, 2011 Dec 25, 05:29
Answers total: 21
Date: Monday, 2012 Mar 12, 19:02 GMT | Message # 46

Writer

I think Summer has beautiful feet, so I'm glad River was barefoot throughout most of Firefly.
The only time Cameron was barefoot was when she danced ballet in her bedroom in season 1 of TSCC.
There was the pilot of course, but you didn't really get to see her feet in that episode.

Take Back the Future! Save Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Monday, 2012 Mar 12, 21:21

Date: Monday, 2012 Mar 12, 22:36 GMT | Message # 47

Site Admin

Quote (The1Russter)
The only time Cameron was barefoot was when she danced ballet in her bedroom in season 1 of TSCC.
There was the pilot of course, but you didn't really get to see her feet in that episode.

Season 2 Episode 9 : Complications

Season 2 Episode 3 : The Mousetrap

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 2012 Mar 12, 22:36

Date: Monday, 2012 Mar 12, 22:55 GMT | Message # 48

Writer

Well I stand corrected. I completely forgot about the foot thru the window of the truck, and i should have remembered it considering I've just quoted what she said in that scene for a chapter. But I didn't realize Cameron was barefoot in that scene in the Mousetrap. The long shot must have been brief. I only recall the close shots while John was snarky and an ass while Cameron explained what she was doing.

Take Back the Future! Save Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Date: Thursday, 2012 Jun 07, 16:52 GMT | Message # 49

Friends

Joss was asked about River's Foot Focus. Here's his response:

"Sigh... see, Summer's a dancer, and she acts from the ground up. In Objects in Space, the physical connection between her and the ship was key, and it became a motif... maybe that's all just rationalization for something darker, but how dark can it be? It's feet!"

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

Date: Sunday, 2013 Feb 17, 19:00 GMT | Message # 50

Friends

I definitely prefer River barefoot. Growing up I have known a lot of artists, musicians and otherwise creative/sensitive people, and I noticed that a lot of them tend to go barefoot. It almost seems as if people who are more sensitive, like River is, tend to prefer being barefoot, which makes sense because bare skin, be it feet or any other body part, is always more sensitive to touch, wind, etc.

Also, the boots actually make sense for someone who prefers to go barefoot because if you use country people as an example, they tend to go barefoot a lot, but when they're not going barefoot they wear boots. Look at most female country singers, you always either see them barefoot or in boots. also, high heels tend to be seen as something more high-class, or snobby, or more for people who choose fashion over comfort. Of course, I don't want to portray ALL country people like this, but this being a show with a wild-west aspect to it, the barefoot/boots mix does work, in my humble opinion.

That said, I actually have a question which I would love your opinions on, and I think it fits in this thread. I don't want to start another thread about River's feet and turn this into a fetish site wink

My question is this... I'm getting the opportunity to meet River in a few months and have a photo taken with her, I've noticed in many of the convention photos that people tend to ask her to do silly poses, from choking them to punching them and so on, one dude even made her hold replicas of the sword and ax from Serenity, haha, but would it be rude, or creepy, or just inappropriate, for me to ask River to take her shoes of in the photo? Of course, I'd only ask if I noticed that she's wearing shoes that are easy to take off in the first place. I would never want to do anything to make her uncomfortable, I think it's so cool that she still does all these conventions, even though some of us can be very obsessive and nutty at times wink so I would really appreciate your feedback on this. I think, being a huge Firefly fan, this would be cool, since River's feet, as Josh said, are a member of the crew, and that would be the quote I site while asking her, ha, but I'd love to know what you all think about this idea.

Date: Monday, 2013 Feb 18, 05:26 GMT | Message # 51

Friends

Quote (Mike_Anarchy)
My question is this... I'm getting the opportunity to meet River in a few months and have a photo taken with her, I've noticed in many of the convention photos that people tend to ask her to do silly poses, from choking them to punching them and so on, one dude even made her hold replicas of the sword and ax from Serenity, haha, but would it be rude, or creepy, or just inappropriate, for me to ask River to take her shoes of in the photo? Of course, I'd only ask if I noticed that she's wearing shoes that are easy to take off in the first place. I would never want to do anything to make her uncomfortable, I think it's so cool that she still does all these conventions, even though some of us can be very obsessive and nutty at times so I would really appreciate your feedback on this. I think, being a huge Firefly fan, this would be cool, since River's feet, as Josh said, are a member of the crew, and that would be the quote I site while asking her, ha, but I'd love to know what you all think about this idea.

Summer was asked that at Emerald City Comicon if she could be “barefoot, like River”, and she explained her boots take a long time to get on and off, and plus she had socks, and she didn’t want to hold the line.

Maybe if she’s wearing flats or high heels, or sandals, you could ask her that. Summer has posed barefoot with fans before.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

Date: Monday, 2013 Feb 18, 10:06 GMT | Message # 52

Site Admin

There is no doubt that being barefoot is one of River's trademarks. It is also true that Summer Glau herself prefers to be barefoot, as she mentioned before. You'll notice that these two facts are not connected though.

My two cents is that your request would fall into the "there is few times i have to say i don't do that that" category, as Summer said at 5:00 of this video:

While i think those silly pose photos with fans at conventions are awesome, they certainly hold the line, as riversfeet mentioned.

Date: Monday, 2013 Feb 18, 14:51 GMT | Message # 53

Friends

Well I would definitely only ask if she was wearing shoes that were easy to take off, I would not want to inconvenience her, nor would I expect her to go through all that trouble just for me, ha.

Also, great point on holding up the line, I didn't even take that into consideration but I definitely should, I wouldn't want anyone else to miss their chance at meeting her because of my request.

Thanks for your feedback smile

Date: Sunday, 2014 Jan 05, 15:38 GMT | Message # 54

Site Admin

Harlo met Summer Glau at Dragon*Con, Atlanta - September 3-10 2010

I share with you now, the lone reason one should attend DragonCon. Ok, there’s about a thousand others but this is as good or better than all of those.
For anyone who is as big a Firefly fan as me, you may find it awesome that she was walking around barefoot. Or if you have a foot fetish I suppose.

Summer Glau at Dragon*Con, Atlanta - September 3-10 2010

Proof that Summer was really barefoot at the convention can be found in the Gallery.

Date: Saturday, 2014 Feb 08, 21:03 GMT | Message # 55

Friends

I think there exists only one photo of her from Dragon*Con barefoot (She's posing with a woman). I wish there were more.

I think there's also pics of her first showing up at the con, and she's in heels, which is probably why she eventually went barefoot.

Also, has anyone noticed that when Summer walks barefoot, she often spreads her big toes away from her other toes?

Date: Wednesday, 2015 Feb 18, 20:51 GMT | Message # 56

Site Admin

Summer's answer when she was asked during her interview for Firefly Online if she was excited to play River again for the game.

I was a little nervous before I got here, I haven't stepped back into River barefeet in a while.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » River with boots on or barefoot? (Poll)
Page 4 of 4«1234
Search: