[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 2 of 4«1234»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » River with boots on or barefoot? (Poll)
River with boots on or barefoot?
River with boots or no?
1.River with boots on[ 3 ][14.29%]
2.River barefoot[ 18 ][85.71%]
3.1[ 0 ][0.00%]
Poll has expired - Sunday, 25 Dec 2011, 05:29
Answers total: 21
riversfeetDate: Monday, 12 Dec 2011, 20:16 | Message # 16
Group: Friends
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
When I first saw the foot-out-the-window scene, I wondered what it was all about. She could have done the whole scene with just her hand out the window -- the dialog would have been essentially the same. Why the foot? Was she flirting with John? If so, he clearly wasn't responding positively to it. I still don't get it.

Obviously an excuse for Summer to not have to wear shoes in a scene. And for the audience who like her feet.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

termi-ninja-torDate: Monday, 12 Dec 2011, 20:30 | Message # 17
Quote (riversfeet)
Obviously an excuse for Summer to not have to wear shoes in a scene. And for the audience who like her feet.

Oh, OK. Assuming there is a significant audience for her feet, then it was kinda just more eye candy. (Feet as eye candy! Mmm, tasty.) Maybe putting her foot up out the window was a kind of flirting with John to see if he had such proclivities?

Message edited by termi-ninja-tor - Monday, 12 Dec 2011, 20:30

FordStaffDate: Monday, 12 Dec 2011, 21:55 | Message # 18

Oh, OK. Assuming there is a significant audience for her feet, then it was kinda just more eye candy. (Feet as eye candy! Mmm, tasty.) Maybe putting her foot up out the window was a kind of flirting with John to see if he had such proclivities?

It could be part eye candy, part role allusion, part actor tick. River is actually known for being barefoot, as is Summer herself. It satisfies many things so I will agree with Riversfeet that it is an excuse to have her feet out in the open front and center like the good old days.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 03:21 | Message # 19
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Summer's feet are prettier to look at than Army boots.

Thats right, I'd choose the pretty feet of a pretty girl any day instead of any kinds of shoes. My only concern is that Summer can catch cold easily if she overdoes her habit. I hope she does not do this recklessly.

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Seems terminators are almost never barefoot, except right after a time jump.

And when they forget to get dressed and all they wear is some underwear. Through in these cases I'm rather paying attention to Summers other pretty body parts biggrin

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
When I first saw the foot-out-the-window scene, I wondered what it was all about. She could have done the whole scene with just her hand out the window -- the dialog would have been essentially the same. Why the foot? Was she flirting with John? If so, he clearly wasn't responding positively to it. I still don't get it.

I always assumed that it was nothing more than what Cameron said and the fact that she used her foot is just because of her eyecandy role( she was rather hot in that episode anyway in her loose summertime clothes). Also if she used only her hands that wouldn't be that noticable and strange and John asking why does she do that wouldn't make that much sense. Of course the real reason is probably fanservice for the Summer fans.

Also notice that after John asks her then she starts to use her hands to feel the wind instead.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
While i was waiting for more John/Cameron interaction, those scenes were quite confusing; the first one would have been a great character development moment if John showed confusion but it was not filmed that way, he rather showed anger.

I disagree that this scene was a failed attempt at character development. It did not develop Jameron, thats true and started the process that made John a despictable character for being an asshole to Cameron thats also true.

However it developed Camerons character further in a very nice way. We learned first about her advanced senses then we learned that how much she explores her environment on her own and that these sensations seems to have an effect on her.

E.g we discovered that she is far far more than a simple machine, she advances further towards sentience and she starts to behave as a lifeform. This wasn't the first clue but one of the major clues I'd say. In fact this whole episode had very nice Cameron development moments. The turtle scene was the best and it contains the most beautiful line in TSCC and a line which changed my perception of Terminators forever:

"We're not built to be cruel."

First it was so moving when Cameron tried to defend her people( indicating that she still cares for them BTW), it was a thing again that indicated her sentiency, and second it indicated that Terminators are not evil themselves, the are just slaves of their own nature just like humans are.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

FordStaffDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 03:54 | Message # 20
My only concern is that Summer can catch cold easily if she overdoes her habit. I hope she does not do this recklessly.

Come on now, don't you think that is a little over protective , you make it sound like she does not fasten her seat belt (serious about the seat belts, those actually save lives) biggrin .

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 05:03 | Message # 21
Quote (FordStaff)
Come on now, don't you think that is a little over protective , you make it sound like she does not fasten her seat belt (serious about the seat belts, those actually save lives) .

Actually if you walk on cold floor bare footed much then its not very good for your kidneys. Catching cold once is not a big deal but if you do it much then it can cause chronic kidney diseases on the long run which are serious.

Besides I just brought this up because its the only reason( but a good one) why I'd prefer River in boots than without them.

FordStaffDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 05:07 | Message # 22
I have never once caught a cold from walking around in the cold bare foot, everybody is different. I am pretty sure if Summer or anyone for that matter kept getting colds when going barefoot they would stop.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 09:51 | Message # 23
Group: Administrators
Quote (Blazius)
E.g we discovered that she is far far more than a simple machine, she advances further towards sentience and she starts to behave as a lifeform.

I was waiting for a Jameron scene that never came, hence my disappointment sad
But you're right, it's part of a larger process for which TSCC writers gave hints throughout the season, just like they hinted that Sarah did not understand John's behaviours, which led to him leaving Sarah and going after Cameron in the season finale.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 14:12 | Message # 24
Quote (chrisdvanne)
But you're right, it's part of a larger process for which TSCC writers gave hints throughout the season, just like they hinted that Sarah did not understand John's behaviours, which led to him leaving Sarah and going after Cameron in the season finale.

BTW the end of Born to Run is the only thing which somewhat redeemed John in my eyes after his behavior towards Cameron in the second season.

As he stepped in the TDE with the sole purpose to save Cameron it was demonstrated that he still cares for her after all.
Not sure he would have followed Weaver( at least willingly) if JH didn't brought Cams chip to the future.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 18:09 | Message # 25
Quote (Blazius)
BTW the end of Born to Run is the only thing which somewhat redeemed John in my eyes after his behavior towards Cameron in the second season.

Don't you think it was a bit contradictory that John proved by its actions he loves Cameron and AT THE SAME TIME John and Sarah say the "I Love you "lines?

Or maybe the writers wanted a happy ending after season 2 where the family has been torn appart.

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 19:24 | Message # 26
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Don't you think it was a bit contradictory that John proved by its actions he loves Cameron and AT THE SAME TIME John and Sarah say the "I Love you "lines?

A bit. Through I think it was more like a farewell kind of "I love(d) you".

I didn't expect him to absolutely start to hate his mother because of a rough period between them.

Through its arguable that he actually seems to love Cameron more than Sarah( not much in line with the rest of the season).

However he wants Sarah to come actually but she refuses.
Her refusal was strange to me. Am I the only one who felt that she didn't go out of spite because it was about saving Cameron or the very least cooperating with Weaver? I felt that Lena plays it a bit that way.

Maybe she felt that John indeed loves Cameron more than her?

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Or maybe the writers wanted a happy ending after season 2 where the family has been torn appart.

The last three episodes were about that obviously and because of time constraints they had to do things in a contrived and awkward way to provide some closure I think. Through leaving the most popular characters fate in uncertainty is not the closure fans are dreaming about I guess wacko . So they didn't do with that a good job...

riversfeetDate: Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 21:43 | Message # 27
Quote (Blazius)
My only concern is that Summer can catch cold easily if she overdoes her habit. I hope she does not do this recklessly.

She usually is seen at public events wearing sandals or high heels. I've only seen 3 instances where Summer was out somewhere barefoot.

Julia Roberts (who herself is a barefooter) talked about how some places make you wear shoes because there could be something on the ground you could step on that could cut your foot open, and if that happens, the place doesn't want to be held responsible. I figure Summer only wears shoes at places if they say she has to.

Now granted, it may have to do with me being one of few guys that doesn't see the appeal of high heels on a woman, but whenever I see Summer in heels, all I think about is, "Damn, she must be so uncomfortable in those things."

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

Message edited by riversfeet - Tuesday, 13 Dec 2011, 21:43

termi-ninja-torDate: Wednesday, 14 Dec 2011, 05:40 | Message # 28
Quote (riversfeet)
She usually is seen at public events wearing sandals or high heels. I've only seen 3 instances where Summer was out somewhere barefoot.

I remember reading that Summer likes wearing cowboy boots.

I see a lot of pics of Summer where she is wearing high heels at events where most of the women do wear high heels. She always seems quite natural in them, never uncomfortable. I think they make her look taller and shape her calves attractively.

FordStaffDate: Wednesday, 14 Dec 2011, 23:21 | Message # 29
I think they make her look taller and shape her calves attractively.

That is the point of high heels.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 14 Dec 2011, 23:32 | Message # 30
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
I see a lot of pics of Summer where she is wearing high heels at events where most of the women do wear high heels. She always seems quite natural in them, never uncomfortable. I think they make her look taller and shape her calves attractively.

As you said :
TRON: Legacy Los Angeles Premiere

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » River with boots on or barefoot? (Poll)
Page 2 of 4«1234»
Search: