San Francisco Comic Con
September 1-3, 2017

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Juke Joint!
By Admirator

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By robbo

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By robbo

Summer Glau at MCM London Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By robbo

Submit a News or Article
By robbo

Summer Glau at Rose City Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at MCM Belfast Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By robbo

New comments

RedsBaron on: Memories of Summer in London - A story of dedication and fight against fate

Admirator on: Memories of Summer in London - A story of dedication and fight against fate

robbo on: Memories of Summer in London - A story of dedication and fight against fate

chrisdvanne on: Memories of Summer in London - A story of dedication and fight against fate

robbo on: Convention stories - MCM Belfast

chrisdvanne on: Images from Summer's final day at MCM Belfast

chrisdvanne on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

John Crooks on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Martin John on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

New videos

00:01:17

00:14:30

00:03:40

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 2 of 2«12
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Serenity Blu-ray Extra
Serenity Blu-ray Extra
Date: Monday, 2011 Nov 14, 01:25 GMT | Message # 16

Friends

Quote (FordStaff)
I actually do not think Jubal would have necessarily raped River. He could have raped Kaylee easily if that was his goal, but it just shows that Jubal will use anything at his disposal to get what he wants. To me the episode suggests that Jubal Early is a bounty hunter to satisfy his basic instincts, but at the same time he is trying to keep them under control. He may be a killer and not above rape, but there were multiple demonstrations of his "fairness". I find it likely he tries to be sophisticated and "fair" to bury his psychopathic tendencies at least this is how I interpreted his actions along with River's reading.

Maybe not but that was my first reaction. Moreover I don't think River would shut up even if Early threatened her. She'd continue to mock him and piss him off so he'd either hit her hard or even rape her just to shut he up. Either way it wouldn't be a joy ride for River unless her fighting abilities activate and she rips Early to shreds.

Quote (FordStaff)
With the mind reading, It is safe to say that everyone has not so benevolent thoughts on the people they love. The thoughts do not even necessarily have to be particularly bad, even just a twinge of regret demonstrated by Simon in "Objects in Space" could be damaging even to someone who was perfectly sane (not the case with River). Simon has the big brother instinct going and has already give up everything for River. How could anyone else come close to matching the control Simon would have?

Yes, but that'd make her falling in love with somebody extremely hard I think. Even if she is the great love of the boys life he'd still think bad things about her, things maybe in the most hidden corner of his mind which even he does not know about which could disgust River even if she loves the boy just as much.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Date: Monday, 2011 Nov 14, 01:32 GMT | Message # 17

Friends

Moreover I don't think River would shut up even if Early threatened her. She'd continue to mock him and piss him off so he'd either hit her hard or even rape her just to shut he up

If she was actually captured by Jubal Early she would likely be like in "Ariel" when captured by the Alliance forces (very silent and scared, pretty much a dear in headlights) . After all she would be going back to the academy and I doubt anything would be scarier than that.

Yes, but that'd make her falling in love with somebody extremely hard I think. Even if she is the great love of the boys life he'd still think bad things about her, things maybe in the most hidden corner of his mind which even he does not know about which could disgust River even if she loves the boy just as much.

This is how I would imagine it also.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Message edited by FordStaff - Monday, 2011 Nov 14, 01:33

Date: Friday, 2012 Jan 13, 12:51 GMT | Message # 18

Site Admin

I just figured out that Summer Glau was not credited in the cast of Serenity at Amazon whereas she's on front of the Serenity movie poster chosen to illustrate the Blu-Ray.

i submitted a modification to repair that mistake.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Sunday, 2012 Feb 05, 00:02 GMT | Message # 19

Site Admin

I found some more good stuff

Here is the TN Exclusive: Serenity featurette with behind the scenes footage, interviews and much more.

and two audio interviews:

Summer Glau talks Serenity in Edinburgh, 2005

An Interview with Summer Glau and Nathan Fillion Hamburg, 2005

Source: scifinews.de

You can't stop the signal!

Date: Sunday, 2012 Feb 05, 05:50 GMT | Message # 20

Bloggers

This is very interesting. Thank you for posting this. It was great to hear their optimism and hope for the future of Serenity. And what a wonderful friendship there is between Summer and Nathan.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Message edited by Alex - Sunday, 2012 Feb 05, 05:53

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Jan 01, 11:22 GMT | Message # 21

Site Admin

A fan pointed to me on Twitter this somewhat far-fetched pairing of Serenity and Doom in a box set.

Doom / Serenity Box Set

At least this other box set, featuring Ultraviolet, Resident Evil: Apocalypse and Serenity, has a theme...

Ultraviolet, Resident Evil: Apocalypse and Serenity Box Set

...even if it is only good looking women wield pointy weapons and know kung fu, as said Tweeps Tom Drake wink

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Jan 01, 16:51 GMT | Message # 22

Friends

Quote chrisdvanne ()
I just figured out that Summer Glau was not credited in the cast of Serenity at Amazon whereas she's on front of the Serenity movie poster chosen to illustrate the Blu-Ray.

Actually she is credited.... even if her name doesn't appear, you can find the item with Amazon's search engine by typing her name. It means that she is correctly in Amazon's database for Serenity.

It is a (strange) specificity of Amazon....

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

Message edited by Thierry - Wednesday, 2014 Jan 01, 21:42

Date: Thursday, 2014 Jan 02, 01:50 GMT | Message # 23

Friends

you know amazon onws imdb

Date: Thursday, 2014 Jan 02, 02:31 GMT | Message # 24

Friends

# 21  I like the look of the second box-set, looks very colorful, and more stylish especially with three not to be messed with axe-sword wielding, hot woman coming at you from all angles, wink

Date: Thursday, 2014 Jan 02, 09:41 GMT | Message # 25

Site Admin

Quote robbo ()
you know amazon onws imdb

I didn't know, thanks for the info.

It's mentioned at the bottom of IMDb pages:

Date: Thursday, 2015 Jul 23, 19:51 GMT | Message # 26

Site Admin

The Operative had kept it secret until now. From the Alliance database, here's Kaylee's personal file...and she's adorable.

From the Alliance database, here's Kaylee's personal file.

Oh, and there's a video for each member of the Serenity crew

Date: Thursday, 2015 Jul 23, 19:53 GMT | Message # 27

Site Admin

I risked my life when I stole from the Alliance their files on the Serenity crew members. Oh look, Wash with a stache
The video is even more hilarious...

From the Alliance database, Wash with a stache.

Date: Friday, 2015 Jul 24, 10:51 GMT | Message # 28

Site Admin

JOIN THE ALLIANCE MILITARY.
The propaganda video The Alliance DID NOT want you to see.

Date: Friday, 2015 Jul 24, 15:47 GMT | Message # 29

Site Admin

Who wants to see never seen before videos files taken from The Alliance database? I managed to get The Operative's logins and therefore could penetrate The Alliance's Database. The classified files contain the personal files of the Serenity crew members, as well as propaganda videos inviting you to join the Alliance Military or to buy a Blue Sun tee-shirt.

See the videos at: SERENITY EXTRAS: THE ALLIANCE DATABASE

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Serenity Blu-ray Extra
Page 2 of 2«12
Search: