To be announced

Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic
To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By Admirator

The official funny thread
By Admirator

TSCC fanfictions
By The1Russter

obsessed with Summer
By diya123working

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 212»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Serenity Blu-ray Extra
Serenity Blu-ray Extra
Date: Saturday, 2011 Nov 12, 19:57 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

I made a Gallery update Screen caps from this video:

Serenity Blu-ray Extra. Summer Glau talks about her wushu training. She did the stunts herself with incredible flexibility and with her background as a dancer she was able to do a lot more complex scenes than that one could expect from an actress.

You can't stop the signal!

Date: Sunday, 2011 Nov 13, 02:02 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

Quote (Fermi)
Serenity Blu-ray Extra. Summer Glau talks about her wushu training. She did the stunts herself with incredible flexibility and with her background as a dancer she was able to do a lot more complex scenes than that one could expect from an actress.

She is my No.1 action hero hands down! biggrin

BTW in addition to her breathtaking beauty, incredible acting talent and her fantastic down to earth personality she also has incredible physical capabilities and mental and physical endurance. Thats what I'd call perfect guys. I'm always amazed by this.

And just look at that smile, I'm lost in it utterly! kiss

And she does it a lot in real life it seems.

BTW Adam Baldwin called her hot, anyone else noticed that?

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Sunday, 2011 Nov 13, 02:05

Date: Sunday, 2011 Nov 13, 02:13 GMT | Message # 3

Friends

BTW Adam Baldwin called her hot, anyone else noticed that?

He did ship River and Jayne even while they were still doing the show, so it is not surprising. If I was an actor on a show I would ship my character with Summer's character too biggrin .

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Date: Sunday, 2011 Nov 13, 02:47 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

Quote (FordStaff)
He did ship River and Jayne even while they were still doing the show, so it is not surprising. If I was an actor on a show I would ship my character with Summer's character too .

Yeah, free kissing with Summer right biggrin . I'd be in Sean Mahers place BTW, he got to comfort her and all all the time, and maybe they hugged once too.
Unfortunately for Maher he can't "appreciate" Summer that much.

Message edited by Blazius - Sunday, 2011 Nov 13, 02:57

Date: Sunday, 2011 Nov 13, 02:53 GMT | Message # 5

Friends

Unfortunately for Maher he can't appreciate Summer that much.

Come on now, that statement has so many unfortunate implications. For one it suggests that you can only appreciate Summer for her sexual potential, and I know this is incorrect from you postings. I understand you were only saying so for a joke, but perhaps this time that may not be such a good idea.

Yeah, free kissing with Summer right

Not free, you get paid!

Date: Sunday, 2011 Nov 13, 03:02 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

Quote (FordStaff)
Come on now, that statement has so many unfortunate implications. For one it suggests that you can only appreciate Summer for her sexual potential, and I know this is incorrect from you postings. I understand you were only saying so for a joke, but perhaps this time that may not be such a good idea.

With quotation marks its better? I was just saying that he couldn't appreciate Summers hotness and that their characters were in touching range as lets say Adam Baldwin or me would because the sexual appeal of a girl means probably nothing for him( I wanted to explain it as much as possible but tellme if something is not understandable still)

Date: Sunday, 2011 Nov 13, 03:21 GMT | Message # 7

Friends

With quotation marks its better? I was just saying that he couldn't appreciate Summers hotness and that their characters were in touching range as lets say Adam Baldwin or me would because the sexual appeal of a girl means probably nothing for him( I wanted to explain it as much as possible but tellme if something is not understandable still)

Yes the quotes help capture the intended meaning. Without though it gets a little iffy and unfortunate.

Funny such a small change can change the perceived meaning so much. I get exactly what you mean now wink . The limitations of language can get heavy sometimes.

I believe there is a name for the shippers of Simon and River. Crazy Space Incest biggrin . Your desire to be Sean Mahrer leads me to believe you are a supporter of that movement.

Message edited by FordStaff - Sunday, 2011 Nov 13, 03:23

Date: Sunday, 2011 Nov 13, 03:49 GMT | Message # 8

Friends

Quote (FordStaff)
Yes the quotes help capture the intended meaning. Without though it gets a little iffy and unfortunate.

Funny such a small change can change the perceived meaning so much. I get exactly what you mean now . The limitations of language can get heavy sometimes.

Its more harder I think because we are "talking"( rather messaging) through a forum. Using only spoken language. Thats why I said earlier that body language and facial expressions are still very important in communication.

If we spoke in real life you could see my expression and you'd instantly know what I'm talking about. Here in written form we use symbols instead like the smiles or the quotation marks. But one must be more careful and use them frequently because they can change the meaning of the words tremendously.

Quote (FordStaff)
I believe there is a name for the shippers of Simon and River. Crazy Space Incest . Your desire to be Sean Mahrer leads me to believe you are a supporter of that movement.

No, I wouldn't like them together in-universe of course( I'm not supporting a relationship between siblings) but in real life I wouldn't be Summers relative so I'd be free to be attracted to her.

BTW River thought about a relationship with Simon too in her crazy momnets but Simon wasn't too fond of that idea.

Its cut content BTW.

Date: Sunday, 2011 Nov 13, 03:57 GMT | Message # 9

Friends

No, I wouldn't like them together in-universe of course( I'm not supporting a relationship between siblings) but in real life I wouldn't be Summers relative so I'd be free to be attracted to her.

I was only jesting. Apparently there are those on the internet who would though which is a little strange.

BTW River thought about a relationship with Simon too in her crazy momnets but Simon wasn't too fond of that idea.

It was not suggesting that she wanted a sexual or even romantic relationship in the scene. It makes sense in context, the only person in the entire universe that has helped her out at this point is Simon, and she sees marriage as a way to keep them together forever. She is very young and has been tortured her entire adolescence so that does not help things.

One of the reasons "Our Mr.s Reynolds" is not one of my favorite episodes (it was very good though) is because River has literally not even a single one liner. Apparently every single one of her lines was in the deleted scene you showed.

Date: Sunday, 2011 Nov 13, 04:11 GMT | Message # 10

Friends

Quote (FordStaff)
One of the reasons "Our Mr.s Reynolds" is not one of my favorite episodes (it was very good though) is because River has literally not even a single one liner. Apparently every single one of her lines was in the deleted scene you showed.

100% agreed, I don't like that episode either for the same reason. Why was this scene even cut BTW?

Quote (FordStaff)
It was not suggesting that she wanted a sexual or even romantic relationship in the scene. It makes sense in context, the only person in the entire universe that has helped her out at this point is Simon, and she sees marriage as a way to keep them together forever. She is very young and has been tortured her entire adolescence so that does not help things.

Of course not, it was like how a little boy tells his mother that he wants to marry her. They can't make a difference between the two types of love. Only that River could only love Simon alone as a parent. I just put this here because the word "marriage" was spoken and thats related to shipping in a way, right smile And I think the group you mentioned may got their idea from here.

Date: Sunday, 2011 Nov 13, 04:24 GMT | Message # 11

Friends

100% agreed, I don't like that episode either for the same reason. Why was this scene even cut BTW?

I have no idea. It was a good scene too, with even more foreshadowing of River's abilities with her comments to Saffron. Admittedly the scene is a little strange to the point of being distracting of the humor. I do not feel like laughing I just feel bad for River in the scene because she is being rejected. It could have been time constraints or the strangeness (even for River which is saying a lot), I do not know which.

I just put this here because the word "marriage" was spoken and thats related to shipping in a way, right smile And I think the group you mentioned may got their idea from here.

They got their ideas because Joss Whedon for some reasons loves putting in subtext between every damn character combination in his shows (well at least in firefly). For example the lighting in the emotional scenes between River and Simon is very suggestive to say the least.

Hell just listen to the way Jubal Early and the Operative speak about River (The operative is obsessed with "bringing her home" and he will not rest until that happens) , Joss Whedon is a creepy dude (not really, but man this stuff is hard to stomach) . As an example one of River's lines to Jubal Early is "you crawl around inside me uninvited" wacko . She was pretending to be Serenity so it makes sense, but it is no coincidence Jubal Early had threatened to rape another character earlier.

Even Jayne and River had some subtext, it is no coincidence in "Serenity" that River got to verify that Jayne indeed had man parts as he assured. River has the most subtext out of any character in any show I have seen (which is fucked up - she is a 17 year old torture victim who is mentally unstable). The subtext is not even all directed at River, there are even instances between freaking Simon and Jayne.

It must be a Joss Whedon thing. Firefly is a shipper's paradise. The only people relatively unaffected in firefly are Wash and Zoe. And Book, but he is a gorram 60 year old preacher.

Also River is the most shipped character in firefly, which I find fairly disgusting to be honest. (not just the Crazy Space Incest either)

Message edited by FordStaff - Sunday, 2011 Nov 13, 04:42

Date: Sunday, 2011 Nov 13, 04:49 GMT | Message # 12

Friends

Quote (FordStaff)
Jubal Early had threatened to rape another character earlier.

I think he also suggests asks if River sleeps with anybody of the crew. Then Simon obviously says no and the Early replies maybe Simon just don't know of it.

It was the most blatant clue about the weirdness, and it was disturbing for my first watching because I agree that River is a 17( maybe only 16 in the show) years old tortured infantile girl. But if you search for other clues it becomes even weirder I agree. Joss certainly had stomach for it to turn River into the virtual sex queen of the show surprised

Quote (FordStaff)
Also River is the most shipped character in firefly, which I find fairly disgusting to be honest.

Its very disgusting I agree!

Date: Sunday, 2011 Nov 13, 05:01 GMT | Message # 13

Friends

Its very disgusting I agree!

Thank God I am not the only one. Everyone tries to pair River with someone on the crew, but not only would all the options be messed up for a long list of reasons, quite frankly River is not in the condition at any point in the show or movie where I would think a Romantic/Sexual Relationship right, unless there were extraordinary circumstances. It is not just her young age, it is her vulnerability and mental condition. She is literally crying in the fetal position insane or wandering around the ship meandering the majority of her time, and when she does have interactions with people it usually takes the form of a cryptic one liner.

When it goes beyond one line it is usually to Simon discussing how she has ruined his life or how she will never get better cry . Seriously can not see how people ship such a character so actively. Perhaps its some misguided hope that it will make River's life a little bit better, conveniently forgetting/ignoring the insanity and mind reading. Even without insanity, mind reading alone is a huge bar. Even Simon can not hold back all thoughts of regret and he loves River more than anyone. Really I can only imagine another mind reader balancing out the equation there, but even then it could just be worse.

I think he also suggests asks if River sleeps with anybody of the crew. Then Simon obviously says no and the Early replies maybe Simon just don't know of it.

It was the most blatant clue about the weirdness, and it was disturbing for my first watching because I agree that River is a 17( maybe only 16 in the show) years old tortured infantile girl. But if you search for other clues it becomes even weirder I agree. Joss certainly had stomach for it to turn River into the virtual sex queen of the show surprised

Yes forgot about that one, but it does demonstrate the point. When you pay attention you will catch even more not so obvious ones which can get quite sickening sometimes. Although some of the subtext is more hilarious than weird such as the Jayne subtext which is never really serious at all since Jayne is mostly the comedy relief big guy(some people have an alternate view wacko ). It is not so harmlessly hilarious with psychopaths like Jubal Early, who is suggested to have rape as part of his repertoire to force cooperation.

Message edited by FordStaff - Sunday, 2011 Nov 13, 12:36

Date: Monday, 2011 Nov 14, 00:23 GMT | Message # 14

Friends

Quote (FordStaff)
Thank God I am not the only one. Everyone tries to pair River with someone on the crew, but not only would all the options be messed up for a long list of reasons, quite frankly River is not in the condition at any point in the show or movie where I would think a Romantic/Sexual Relationship right, unless there were extraordinary circumstances. It is not just her young age, it is her vulnerability and mental condition. She is literally crying in the fetal position insane or wandering around the ship meandering the majority of her time, and when she does have interactions with people it usually takes the form of a cryptic one liner.

When it goes beyond one line it is usually to Simon discussing how she has ruined his life or how she will never get better . Seriously can not see how people ship such a character so actively. Perhaps its some misguided hope that it will make River's life a little bit better, conveniently forgetting/ignoring the insanity and mind reading. Even without insanity, mind reading alone is a huge bar. Even Simon can not hold back all thoughts of regret and he loves River more than anyone. Really I can only imagine another mind reader balancing out the equation there, but even then it could just be worse.

Yes, we are talking about an under aged, vulnerable girl with a serious mental illness. If any other crew member would initiate a romantic relationship it wouldn't be only pedophilia but also taking advantage on a sick girl who can't even think through the whole situation( maybe she could defend herself from outright rape but its not mandatory for this situation to be a rape). Mind reading is a concern too, maybe she won't be able to love anybody ever, because she sees every human instantly with all their faults too an that may be distracting. Not even mention how doing sex with somebody will affect her.

Quote (FordStaff)
Yes forgot about that one, but it does demonstrate the point. When you pay attention you will catch even more not so obvious ones which can get quite sickening sometimes. Although some of the subtext is more hilarious than weird such as the Jayne subtext which is never really serious at all since Jayne is mostly the comedy relief big guy(some people have an alternate view ). It is not so harmlessly hilarious with psychopaths like Jubal Early, who is suggested to have rape as part of his repertoire to force cooperation.

Yes, its literally sickening. After Early brought up his little theory I couldn't even focus on the episode that much. I was constantly asking: " But with River? How could somebody do that especially from the crew?" Then when River said she goes with early I yelled: " No River, that animal will rape you not even once while you reach your destination". I think Joss went a bit too far here BTW( or was that the intention?). I couldn't even focus on the events that much because of this. Of course Rivers victory was even more satisfying this way but still!

Message edited by Blazius - Monday, 2011 Nov 14, 00:25

Date: Monday, 2011 Nov 14, 00:42 GMT | Message # 15

Friends

" No River, that animal will rape you not even once while you reach your destination". I think Joss went a bit too far here BTW( or was that the intention?).

I actually do not think Jubal would have necessarily raped River. He could have raped Kaylee easily if that was his goal, but it just shows that Jubal will use anything at his disposal to get what he wants. To me the episode suggests that Jubal Early is a bounty hunter to satisfy his basic instincts, but at the same time he is trying to keep them under control. He may be a killer and not above rape, but there were multiple demonstrations of his "fairness". I find it likely he tries to be sophisticated and "fair" to bury his psychopathic tendencies at least this is how I interpreted his actions along with River's reading.

Yes, we are talking about an under aged, vulnerable girl with a serious mental illness. If any other crew member would initiate a romantic relationship it wouldn't be only pedophilia but also taking advantage on a sick girl who can't even think through the whole situation( maybe she could defend herself from outright rape but its not mandatory for this situation to be a rape). Mind reading is a concern too, maybe she won't be able to love anybody ever, because she sees every human instantly with all their faults too an that may be distracting. Not even mention how doing sex with somebody will affect her.

With the mind reading, It is safe to say that everyone has not so benevolent thoughts on the people they love. The thoughts do not even necessarily have to be particularly bad, even just a twinge of regret demonstrated by Simon in "Objects in Space" could be damaging even to someone who was perfectly sane (not the case with River). Simon has the big brother instinct going and has already give up everything for River. How could anyone else come close to matching the control Simon would have?

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Serenity Blu-ray Extra
Page 1 of 212»
Search: